CA CA - Joan, 47, & Peter Davis, 54, Los Angeles, 17 Mar 1982

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original
joan_audrey_davis_1.jpg

Peter and Joan

Missing Person / NamUs #MP25431
Peter Davis

Male, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 5" (65 Inches)
Weight 136 lbs

Hair Color Gray or Partially Gray
Eye Color Brown

Date of Last ContactMarch 17, 1982
Missing FromLos Angeles, California
Missing Age54 Years

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact March 17, 1982
NamUs Case Created July 21, 2014
Last Known Location Map
Location Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles County

Circumstances of Disappearance

Peter and his wife, Joan Davis (NamUs MP # 25430), were last seen in Los Angeles, California on March 17, 1982.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Note: I can't seem to access Joan's NAMUS profile right now and it does not come up for me in a search.

More info about this case can be found on Charley Project: Joan Audrey Davis – The Charley Project

Joan Audrey Davis
  • joan_audrey_davis_1.jpg
Joan, circa 1982

• Missing Since 03/17/1982
  • Missing From Los Angeles, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/25/1934 (85)
  • Age 47 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 145 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Joan may use the last name Currie.
Details of Disappearance
Joan and her husband, Peter, were last seen in Los Angeles, California on March 17, 1982. They have never been heard from again.

Harvey Rader was named as a possible suspect in their cases. Rader was tried several times on counts related to the 1982 California disappearances of Michelle Houchman, her brother Mitchel Salomon, and their parents, Sol Salomon and Elaine Salomon. He was acquitted at the conclusion of his most recent trial in 1992.

Authorities believe that Rader may have murdered Peter and Joan as the result of a business-related dispute. He was never charged in connection with their cases, which remain unsolved.

Peter and Joan resided in Granada Hills, California in 1982.

Joan Audrey Davis – The Charley Project

I was looking for possible matches to the following John Doe and Peter’s profile caught my attention. There’s not much in the way of physical description for Peter, so maybe someone can weigh in.

According to Charley Project the couple could be victims of a SK so this is probably an unlikely match, but there are some similarities in vital stats. What first caught my eye was Peter’s nose though. It looks like it could deviate to one side. Which is one of the distinctive features of the UID. There is no mention of dentures, bone fractures, surgeries, or metal hardware on Peter’s profile, but that’s not to say they’re not applicable. And their ears are very similar. How accurate would the recons be? I’m not sure.

I haven’t a clue as to how he’d have ended up in Florida, or where Joan might be.

upload_2020-9-10_8-47-29.jpegupload_2020-9-10_8-47-53.jpeg

3149UMFL

ETA: I respect the science of isotope testing, but it’s been wrong before ;)

Last edited:
OK, this is weird. I found this article from 1982 that seems like the same Peter and Joan Davis, however the ages are just slightly off. Also Charley and Doe Network don't mention any information listed in this article, including the missing couple being British. Interesting...

April 14, 1982

<<LOS ANGELES -- Police looking for two British citizens missing since St. Patrick's Day say they are stymied as to the couples whereabouts.

Peter Davis, 55, an art and antiques dealer, and his wife, Joan, 45, a restaurant hostess, disppeared March 17 from their suburban Granada Hills home with an untouched dinner left on the stove.

Five valuable paintings and their 90-pound pet dog were also missing.

Police said the couple, possible victims of foul play, were last seen by friends late in the afternoon of March 17.

Their car, a 1977 red-and-white Thunderbird, was found five days later at International Airport, but friends and relatives, including their 22-year-old son, have insisted they had no travel plans.

Among the oddities of their disappearance were the dinner left on the stove and the five missing paintings, which had been replaced on the walls of the expensive home in the Granada Hills district by less valuable artworks. Police said one of the paintings was a Gainsborough landscape worth about $100,000.

Several pieces of cast-bronze English statuary and some luggage was also missing, but items left in the home included Mrs. Davis' purse and glasses.

The couple, who collected fine arts, antiques and classic cars, moved to Los Angeles from London five years ago.

'They're very dependable,' a police spokesman said. 'Nobody's heard from them and that's very unusual, the complete opposite from the way they've been living.

'Frankly, we are stymied.'>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back