Found Deceased CA - Jolissa Fuentes, 22, Selma, 7 Aug 2022

This is confusing. It literally says “Jolissa was depressed.” Then “Jolissa wasn’t depressed or anything”

Bad reporting?

I thought just maybe bad wording. I interpreted it like she was upset about the death of her friend, but she wasn't clinically depressed.

A year after Javie was murdered (at a party, a fist fight then kills him, that’s a dangerous scary group they hang with) Jolissa is going alone to obscure hidey holes miles away in the orchard area.
Just to smoke? Or contemplate his death? Mourn?
In the middle of the night/dark at 4am.

Do we know if Jolissa was drinking alcohol at the party? Or would take it with her to the orchards?

JMO

This is confusing. It literally says “Jolissa was depressed.” Then “Jolissa wasn’t depressed or anything”

Bad reporting?

I guess the reporter edited the story, cause I don't see what you are saying?

I was confused by this quote. The reporter may have edited the story. I haven’t had a chance to go back and look.

Jolissa Fuentes’s disappearance: Her mother believes she is alive but is a ‘victim of a crime.’

“I don’t believe there is a link between Javie’s murder and Jolissa’s disappearance.” The shooter was apprehended the next day and has been in jail ever since. Of course, Jolissa was depressed. He was her closest companion. But I believe she was doing the best she could. “She wasn’t depressed or anything,” she added.’

But as a previous poster said maybe they meant she was upset and sad about the passing of her friend but not actually diagnosed as depressed.

I was confused by this quote. The reporter may have edited the story. I haven’t had a chance to go back and look.

Jolissa Fuentes’s disappearance: Her mother believes she is alive but is a ‘victim of a crime.’

“I don’t believe there is a link between Javie’s murder and Jolissa’s disappearance.” The shooter was apprehended the next day and has been in jail ever since. Of course, Jolissa was depressed. He was her closest companion. But I believe she was doing the best she could. “She wasn’t depressed or anything,” she added.’

But as a previous poster said maybe they meant she was upset and sad about the passing of her friend but not actually diagnosed as depressed.
That’s how I read it. She was still grieving for her friend, but wasn’t suffering a new kind of depression (that they were aware of at least).

This is what puzzles me a little. I think either going for a smoke somewhere peaceful to contemplate was a regular thing for her - in which case, she should have returned safe unless she came by an assailant or accident - or something triggered her to cause a moment of despair. Or, best case scenario, the trigger caused her to take off for a bit and she is staying under the radar.

I do think something happened at that “party” which triggered something though.

JMO

This is truly heartbreaking. Seems like the only thing keeping them together is belief in God that she will come home alive. I truly hope that it isn't shattered if she's found dead. Awful.

I feel like there are only a few reasons the PD wouldn't take their "leads" and that is an LE cover up of some kind of involvement, LE already has leads on someone else close to the family and cannot share that, or they're already looking into those people or others and cannot acknowledge it because the at least SOME of the family has gang affiliations and if they share anything it could result in people trying to get justice in their own ways before LE can finish their investigations and make an arrest. The last thing anyone needs is a friend or relative of Jolissa going out and shooting someone they think is responsible for her death to avenge her murder.

I say this all because the PD has eyes on them nationally and globally now, if they've been as historically negligent in this city as people have reported, they're going to take this opportunity to disprove that notion and solve this case by any means necessary. There is going to be an abundance of caution on their part for many reasons in this case, I know the family is desperate for answers but I'm personally not going to jump to any conclusions about LEs silence at this point in time because they very well can be on the precipice of a big break in the case and trying to protect that. MOO.

This is the story I read and based my post on- replying to post # 302

Maybe I'm not reading the same article? It says nothing about depression?

This is the story I read and based my post on- replying to post # 302

Maybe I'm not reading the same article? It says nothing about depression?

Hi Knox,

Sorry my post was so confusing. I was going off the piece of the article that grandma posted on post #300

I think it was just poorly worded though and probably not a big clue into locating Jolissa.

Private Investigations for the Missing, (investigationsforthemissing.org) a non-profit organization, has agreed to supply Jolissa's family with a private investigator at no cost to them. We expect the investigator to be assigned very soon. PIFTM operates a toll free tip line 1-866-331-6660.
Jolissa went missing on August 7, 2002. in Selma California. She was driving a 2011 Hyundai Accent, California registration 8MPU766.Her car has not been located.

There’s a thread for her here:

Private Investigations for the Missing, (investigationsforthemissing.org) a non-profit organization, has agreed to supply Jolissa's family with a private investigator at no cost to them. We expect the investigator to be assigned very soon. PIFTM operates a toll free tip line 1-866-331-6660.
Jolissa went missing on August 7, 2002. in Selma California. She was driving a 2011 Hyundai Accent, California registration 8MPU766.Her car has not been located.

Most interesting question in this interview (that has to be done before AWP searched the lakes, according to the content of it): If the police has footage that she went back into town <Selma> after the shop she visit, was it really her in the car or only her car?

The word 'back'.

From upthread posted MSM.
Her family says she was out with friends until around 3:00 a.m. and then stopped by home. From there, she went to the AM/PM on Nebraska Ave in Selma by the 43. Surveillance video captured her buying a snack there at 4:06 a.m. and then driving down Nebraska Avenue.

Back into town
is IMO based on the last phone ping near Avocado Lake, but there are problems with the accuracy of this ping in the sense that at least one other missing girl's phone -who was nowhere near Avocado Lake- pinged there too.

So maybe she never left the town and was on her way home from the shop when something happened?

Most interesting question in this interview (that has to be done before AWP searched the lakes, according to the content of it): If the police has footage that she went back into town <Selma> after the shop she visit, was it really her in the car or only her car?

The word 'back'.

From upthread posted MSM.
Her family says she was out with friends until around 3:00 a.m. and then stopped by home. From there, she went to the AM/PM on Nebraska Ave in Selma by the 43. Surveillance video captured her buying a snack there at 4:06 a.m. and then driving down Nebraska Avenue.

Back into town
is IMO based on the last phone ping near Avocado Lake, but there are problems with the accuracy of this ping in the sense that at least one other missing girl's phone -who was nowhere near Avocado Lake- pinged there too.

So maybe she never left the town and was on her way home from the shop when something happened?

I am slightly confused why you start out saying police have video of her going back into town. Then you say it’s your opinion that “back into town” is based on the ping at avocado lake?

When she left the a.m. p.m. she turned left on Nebraska, seemingly into the countryside to the west. So her family searched to the west for a week. But then police said they have video of her car not staying west but, shortly after, coming back east into town.

Eventually, if she continued east, she’d end up in the avocado lake area where her phone pinged. Maybe the ping was incorrect data, but her family says her favorite place is avocado lake and it opens at 6 AM around the time when her phone pinged there.

Last edited:
I watched the AWP video about Jolissa. learned a lot, feel for that amazing huge loving family, and I’m looking forward to part two release.

One thing that stood out to me is that she loved to go to avocado lake and the gates open at 6 AM. That would very much fit into the timeline of her night.

Speculation, Maybe she went there to see the sunrise over the lake or something. smoke a blunt lakeside in the stillness of dawn? maybe she used to do that kind of thing with her friend who was murdered? She planned it in memory of her friend?

She did not work until Monday but I am still confused why she was choosing to stay up all night. Was it a regular thing for her to stay up all night? her family says she loves roaming and driving around, but how often would she stay up all night and drive an hour away to watch the sunrise? The gates opening at 6 AM gives one possible motive that she was waiting until then to go into avocado lake area.

Maybe she ran into the wrong type of person out there at 6 AM. But accident seems much much more likely to me if she stayed up all night, bought material to roll a blunt, and was then driving around at 6AM 7am 8am exhausted and stoned.

Many have mentioned suicide, but imo it seems very unlikely that she would have been able to hide her car and herself so well as to not be found. Much More likely she fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident off a cliff or into a thicket and has not been discovered yet.

One nagging question though is why her phone would stop pinging after an accident unless she was running out of battery and that’s why she tried to call her sister at 5:30 AM. Why would she FaceTime and not send a text saying my batter is dying, but I’ll be at avocado Lake in memory of my friend or something.

Last edited:
I watched the AWP video about Jolissa. learned a lot, feel for that amazing huge loving family, and I’m looking forward to part two release.

She did not work until Monday but I am still confused why she was choosing to stay up all night. Was it a regular thing for her to stay up all night? her family says she loves roaming and driving around, but how often would she stay up all night and drive an hour away to watch the sunrise?

RS & BBM

I'm still confused about that one too. IMO it was the one question that Doug and Nick did not ask in the video (perhaps they did ask it but it was edited out): why was she staying up all night?

Doug and Nick had a lot of good questions, but not that one.

Jolissa told her brother she was going to the store and would be right back - were there no snacks in the house?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dahliaf
Back