Found Deceased CA - Julia Jiayin Li, 21, At Risk, med dependent, separated from mom during hike, Bailey Canyon Park, Angeles Natl Forest, Sierra Madre, 21 Apr 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1713875348971.png

All hands are on deck as Los Angeles County authorities search for Julia Jiayin Li, a 21-year-old woman who went missing during a hike with her mother in the Los Angeles area foothills over the weekend.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department took to social media early Monday to ask for the public’s help to find Li, whose mother last saw her near Bailey Canyon Park, a popular hiking destination near the Los Angeles suburb of Sierra Madre.

Li was last seen near Bailey Canyon Park in the Angeles National Forest area around 4 p.m. Sunday. The forest is a vast urban forest filled with peaks as high as 10,000 feet, though Bailey Canyon is located in the southern edge of the park very close to developed neighborhoods.

Helicopters all over yesterday.
I will be driving by Sierra Madre Search and Rescue on my way to work this morning, see what's up.
The weather has been warmer at night, but still in low 50's. High was close to 80 yesterday.
I worry about hypothermia.
Bailey Canyon is at the base of the foothills.

A woman who went missing during a hike near the Angeles National Forest was found dead on Monday, a day after she was reported missing.

Early Monday morning, the Sheriff's Department sent out an alert for Li, describing her as being 5 feet 2 and 110 pounds. Later that day, her body was found by the sheriff’s search and rescue personnel, the Sheriff’s Department said.

The L.A. County coroner’s office listed Li’s cause of death as blunt trauma. The Sheriff’s Department said foul play is not suspected at this time.

I've been to Bailey Canyon many times. There is a woodsy park at the base, but there is also a long and narrow trail going up the side of the mountain there with many steep drops. It doesn't say where she was found exactly, but presumable she fell off the trail somewhere. She would not be the first hiker who died on that trail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennjon
Back