• Missing Since 04/10/2001
  • Missing From Torrance, California
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/27/1979 (42)
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 135 - 150 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Light brown to blond hair, blue eyes. Haley's front teeth are capped. He has two cowlicks and two scars on the back of his head, additional scars on his forehead and right knee, a birthmark on his arm and dimples.

Details of Disappearance​

Haley was last seen in Torrance, California on April 10, 2001. He has never been heard from again. There are few details available in his case; he disappeared under unknown circumstances.

I found this guy on CP this morning while looking into something totally different and came here to see if there was a thread.

It was a long time ago but there’s a decent chance I hung out with this dude for an hour or so at a street fair in Seattle in fall 2001. I’m at work right now so I can’t go into a ton of detail atm but I can post the story later.

I straight up jumped when I saw the picture/profile, this is wild.

So this is my recollection of my interaction with the guy who may have been KSH.

I was a freshman at UW and one day after class I walked by myself down to this street fair type deal on the Ave just off campus. I was on the sidewalk watching a band playing on the rooftop of a bar across the street when this guy came up to me asking if he could bum a cigarette. I gave him one, and as often happens in those situations we started talking; he was also by himself, and we ended up having several smokes and chatting while watching the band for maybe an hour.

It’s an unremarkable story, but I remember it well because at the end of it I actually gave him the horrible “fake” id I had because he had no id and as a result couldn’t buy his own smokes (it was a real id but looked nothing like me, it looked more like him than me so I figured he could give it a shot).

But there were a lot of details that I recall from our conversation that lead me to believe he could be our MP above:

-He introduced himself as Stephan (pronounced like steffen, I’m not sure how the MPs middle name is pronounced)

-From my recollection he looked just like the pictures above, especially the first one

-Height/weight roughly matched—I remember he was about the same height as me (5’8) and with a thin build.

-I’m almost certain he said he was 21 which KSH would have been at the time

-He told me where he was from and I think he said California but I could be wrong, but he definitely didn’t say Washington or Oregon

The guy didn’t appear homeless or anything, maybe living a little rough but he was clean and clean shaven (as in the pictures). It’s possible he made up every detail that he told me, but at least to 19 year old me there was no sense that he was running or hiding from anything or otherwise shady. He definitely wasn’t a student, he explained his circumstances and what he was up to but it was innocuous enough that I didn’t make a mental note of the details. Something to the effect of he was just traveling around.

I hadn’t thought about this in so long, man how weird.

So this is my recollection of my interaction with the guy who may have been KSH.

I was a freshman at UW and one day after class I walked by myself down to this street fair type deal on the Ave just off campus. I was on the sidewalk watching a band playing on the rooftop of a bar across the street when this guy came up to me asking if he could bum a cigarette. I gave him one, and as often happens in those situations we started talking; he was also by himself, and we ended up having several smokes and chatting while watching the band for maybe an hour.

It’s an unremarkable story, but I remember it well because at the end of it I actually gave him the horrible “fake” id I had because he had no id and as a result couldn’t buy his own smokes (it was a real id but looked nothing like me, it looked more like him than me so I figured he could give it a shot).

But there were a lot of details that I recall from our conversation that lead me to believe he could be our MP above:

-He introduced himself as Stephan (pronounced like steffen, I’m not sure how the MPs middle name is pronounced)

-From my recollection he looked just like the pictures above, especially the first one

-Height/weight roughly matched—I remember he was about the same height as me (5’8) and with a thin build.

-I’m almost certain he said he was 21 which KSH would have been at the time

-He told me where he was from and I think he said California but I could be wrong, but he definitely didn’t say Washington or Oregon

The guy didn’t appear homeless or anything, maybe living a little rough but he was clean and clean shaven (as in the pictures). It’s possible he made up every detail that he told me, but at least to 19 year old me there was no sense that he was running or hiding from anything or otherwise shady. He definitely wasn’t a student, he explained his circumstances and what he was up to but it was innocuous enough that I didn’t make a mental note of the details. Something to the effect of he was just traveling around.

I hadn’t thought about this in so long, man how weird.
Did you report this to authorities? I know it's been almost 23 years, and Seattle is far from Torrance, but you never know. Your tip could match other leads that LE may have never announced publicly.

For example, according to the State of California Department of Justice, "Kenneth Haley was last seen on April 4, 2008," that is, seven years later. This could be a simple typo, but it could also be something else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back