GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am assuming the years are wrong in this article but looks like they're bringing up the burglary yet again which to my knowledge is not new and a van fire at the airport? I don't know. I'm confused.

I am confused too- i know they brought up the burglary again- The way I see it, if Geragos could have proven the burglary had anything to do with the murder of Laci, why didn't he bring it up at the trial, bring on witnesses and all of that- he didn't because he knew it was bogus BS.

Regardless of how all of us feel about him personally, I've never seen the Innocence Project take on a case where there isn't grounds to believe the convicted is innocent. Very interested in following this.
We don't know all the cases they have taken on--- but the Peterson case really makes one reflect on the Innocence Project ----in a bad way

Based on interviews with the suspects, police said the burglary on Covena Avenue in the La Loma neighborhood took place between 4 and 7 a.m. Dec. 26. Scott Peterson reported his pregnant wife missing about 6 p.m. Dec. 24. Police previously had said possible scenarios for Peterson's disappearance included her interrupting a burglary at her house or being abducted after witnessing the crime across the street. At that time, police knew only that the burglary had occurred around Christmas, while the homeowners were away. "We're confident in our minds that we have resolved one crime," Ridenour said Friday, "and now we can get back to focusing on Laci's disappearance."

Read more at: https://www.modbee.com/news/local/c...-and-arrest/article3097124.html#storylink=cpy
Thank you thank you.....I was trying to wrap my head around all that, and getting times and events mashed up.

It's really hard to get over SP's behavior during the period that LP was missing. The elaborate lies he fed AF as to his whereabouts while people were searching for Lacey and holding candlelight vigils showed he didn't care about his wife or unborn child one iota. He must have hated Lacey and that led me to believe him guilty in addition to where she and Conner were found.This new investigation may find evidence to help bring doubt as to his guilt but I will be surprised if actual proof becomes apparent.JMO

I am confused too- i know they brought up the burglary again- The way I see it, if Geragos could have proven the burglary had anything to do with the murder of Laci, why didn't he bring it up at the trial, bring on witnesses and all of that- he didn't because he knew it was bogus BS.
Exactly! Just like he could have stricken "Strawberry Shortcake" in jury selection.

It's really hard to get over SP's behavior during the period that LP was missing. The elaborate lies he fed AF as to his whereabouts while people were searching for Lacey and holding candlelight vigils showed he didn't care about his wife or unborn child one iota. He must have hated Lacey and that led me to believe him guilty in addition to where she and Conner were found.This new investigation may find evidence to help bring doubt as to his guilt but I will be surprised if actual proof becomes apparent.JMO
That's highly unlikely, and it's a very high bar to get a conviction overturned, or a new trial, so hopefully this is going nowhere and it's just to generate publicity for him, money for his commisary account.

That's highly unlikely, and it's a very high bar to get a conviction overturned, or a new trial, so hopefully this is going nowhere and it's just to generate publicity for him, money for his commisary account.

Yes, as I said I think they might find something to cause a little doubt but as far as hard evidence to show him not guilty, I highly doubt it. JMO

I haven't seen any anywhere.

This week, Peterson's team filed a discovery motion, referring to evidence related to his case, according to records at the San Mateo Superior Court. His attorneys also filed a motion for DNA testing, as well as a motion to seal some court records. They're the first new court filings in his murder case in a year.
I am really surprised that the LA Innocence Project has taken on Peterson's case. It seems that the burglary across the street on the day Laci went missing (on that day or another day that has never been proven right or wrong in imo) may produce DNA evidence of Laci's DNA in a burned out van connected to the burglars. I hope the court grants this request for DNA testing. That may be the only defense against overwhelming circumstantial evidence against Peterson.

I am really surprised that the LA Innocence Project has taken on Peterson's case. It seems that the burglary across the street on the day Laci went missing (on that day or another day that has never been proven right or wrong in imo) may produce DNA evidence of Laci's DNA in a burned out van connected to the burglars. I hope the court grants this request for DNA testing. That may be the only defense against overwhelming circumstantial evidence against Peterson.

The piece that I want to see solved, and is a main focus of the Innocence Project's investigation, is where did the woman who pawned the Croton watch obtain that watch? I want to see that info tracked down and verified.

We don't know all the cases they have taken on--- but the Peterson case really makes one reflect on the Innocence Project ----in a bad way
The case was taken by the Los Angeles Innocence Project (LAIP) which isn't actually affiliated with the national org. It is affiliated with Cal State & the universitys forensic science program.

On January 18, 2024, the Los Angeles Innocence Project filed motions seeking DNA testing and post-conviction discovery on behalf of its client, Scott Peterson. Any and all inquiries about Mr. Peterson’s case should be directed to the Los Angeles Innocence Project, a non-profit organization wholly independent of the Innocence Project.

On January 18, 2024, the Los Angeles Innocence Project filed motions seeking DNA testing and post-conviction discovery on behalf of its client, Scott Peterson. Any and all inquiries about Mr. Peterson’s case should be directed to the Los Angeles Innocence Project, a non-profit organization wholly independent of the Innocence Project.

The DNA testing is supposedly related to a burned out van which was found somewhere according to Janey Peterson. At this point any DNA that may have been found in this manner and subjected to fire and the elements for many years would most likely be highly degraded. Too degraded to be of much use. This is just one of the stories floating around.

This is a sad development. And one hopes that it goes nowhere.

As others posited, the unfortunate fact that Laci’s family and her mother need go through this. Again. So very sad and unneeded.

And as another poster mentioned, Mr. Peterson’s sister - one wonders what these people look at or see when they defend this convicted killer? It is truly appalling.

I also noticed that apparently Mr. Cuomo has had certain visitors on his program from this case of late? Just as he apparently had for the case of Rex Heurmann, the attorney, and his spouse relating to the LISK case. Something else to avoid. MOO

The DNA testing is supposedly related to a burned out van which was found somewhere according to Janey Peterson. At this point any DNA that may have been found in this manner and subjected to fire and the elements for many years would most likely be highly degraded. Too degraded to be of much use. This is just one of the stories floating around.
Who is paying for this DNA testing? And how is it even remotely relevant? Laci's killer was caught and convicted. The right man is behind bars.

Most likely this is a case of Scott being bored, too much time on his hands, hates Mule Creek State Prison- now that he's lost his bay view, and wants to keep his name in the news narcissist that he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkyjoe