GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

I came across this article, actually an appellant decision from Pennsylvania, during a continued search for any meaningful articles and/or statistics on intraoral gunshot wounds.

This case is interesting legally because the verdict was overturned due to a claim on ineffective counsel for failing to object to a completely improper and highly prejudicial argument by the DA.

What's really interesting, though, are the facts of the case. Read for yourself and see if you don't agree with me that they are eerily similar, almost unbelievably so, to the facts in CA v. Spector. The facts, allegations of sex play with the gun, even the opinions of the Defense experts.

It is so similar one has to wonder if Team Spec(ta)tor came across it in their research.

[SIZE=-1]http://www.courts.state.pa.us/OpPosting/Superior/out/s54033_06.pdf

[/SIZE]

I came across this article, actually an appellant decision from Pennsylvania, during a continued search for any meaningful articles and/or statistics on intraoral gunshot wounds.

This case is interesting legally because the verdict was overturned due to a claim on ineffective counsel for failing to object to a completely improper and highly prejudicial argument by the DA.

What's really interesting, though, are the facts of the case. Read for yourself and see if you don't agree with me that they are eerily similar, almost unbelievably so, to the facts in CA v. Spector. The facts, allegations of sex play with the gun, even the opinions of the Defense experts.

It is so similar one has to wonder if Team Spec(ta)tor came across it in their research.

[SIZE=-1]http://www.courts.state.pa.us/OpPosting/Superior/out/s54033_06.pdf

[/SIZE]

You have found a lot of amazing stuff, Rags! That case is freakily similar!!

Sunny, you may be the best detective around here!!
You're the only one who calls me that, so it was an easy guess! :blowkiss:

I might miss more at the start of tomorrow's testimony so take good notes, ok?

BTW, did anyone see our Lovely Little Life-Giving Fertility Nurse on TV tonight?

I've got to say, from what I saw I think JT made a big mistake not calling her to the stand. Not that I believe her denials, but she came across much differently than I would have expected.

Then again, who knows what was left on the cutting room floor and/or what restrictions JT put on the interview?

I loved hearing JT talk about how he was going to fight with every fiber of his being to get Melanie freed. It sounded alot like America's Favorite Double Murderer(tm) vowing to devote the rest of his life to the search for 'The Real Killers.'

:boohoo:

I did see her, Rags, and I agree. But then, I always thought she should testify. Wait a minute. I think EVERY defendant should testify!! Tee hee!

I think Patty would have had a field day with her, though because she wouldn't have been lobbing softballs like Cynthia McFadden was!!

I also noticed that when Melanie was sobbing that regardless of how she felt about Bill --- read: Yes, I could have killed my HUSBAND --- "I couldn't do that to my sons!" --- I couldn't have killed the FATHER of my boys *sob*--- not a lacrymatory moment, was it? Nope!! Not a tear!! Just the effect.

OOPS! Looks like Dr. Lee is talking to the media again despite Judge Fidler's ruling.

courant.com
Lee Says He Was 'Set-Up'
June 26, 2007
By LYNNE TUOHY, The Hartford Courant

MERIDEN -- Henry C. Lee--the world-renowned forensic scientist who has come under fire for allegedly concealing evidence in the murder trial of record producer Phil Spector --Tuesday detailed his investigation of the case and said he was being "set-up" to discredit any testimony he might give.

http://www.courant.com/news/nationw...dlines-breaking

Ragnar, thanks for posting all those articles about Dr. DiMaio (at CTV). Quite a read, indeed! It will be interesting to see if AJ can and will use some of this information in his cross.

what is it with this guy's eyebrows?? :waitasec: LOL!
and I agree with the majority here - a woman would NOT committ suicide with gun... :mad:

OOPS! Looks like Dr. Lee is talking to the media again despite Judge Fidler's ruling.

courant.com
Lee Says He Was 'Set-Up'

well... according to Bill Pavelic - he was!! :doh:

Do any of you believe what Bill said in his blog?? :confused: about DA Dixon?

is the barrell of the gun REALLY that LONG???

okay - never mind - I see it is just showing the path of the bullet....

is the barrell of the gun REALLY that LONG???

okay - never mind - I see it is just showing the path of the bullet....
I don't understand why they keep using another gun with a longer barrel instead of a Colt Cobra for demonstration purposes. :confused:

courant.com
Lee Says He Was 'Set-Up'
June 26, 2007
By LYNNE TUOHY, The Hartford Courant

MERIDEN -- Henry C. Lee--the world-renowned forensic scientist who has come under fire for allegedly concealing evidence in the murder trial of record producer Phil Spector --Tuesday detailed his investigation of the case and said he was being "set-up" to discredit any testimony he might give.

[URL]http://www.courant.com/news/nationw...dlines-breaking[/URL]
Oh pleeeeeeease ~ :doh: His own sloppy collection of evidence is his undoing in this case.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

WHERE ARE OBJECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Di Maio said, "When she shot herself..."

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OBJECT OBJECT, SHE DID NOT SHOOT HERSELF.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

WHERE ARE OBJECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Di Maio said, "When she shot herself..."

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OBJECT OBJECT, SHE DID NOT SHOOT HERSELF.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????

I'm wondering the same thing - WHY isn't the DA objecting to that kind of language???

I'm wondering the same thing - WHY isn't the DA objecting to that kind of language???
The defense contends it's suicide, and the State probably feels comfortable enough to allow this "expert" to make these assertions and meanwhile Jackson is going to attack his "suicide theory" on cross-exam.

The defense contends it's suicide, and the State probably feels comfortable enough to allow this "expert" to make these assertions and meanwhile Jackson is going to attack his "suicide theory" on cross-exam.

you're probably right panthera!

CHALLENGE THE SPRAY IN THE CARICATURE! no way does a 2 inch opening permit that angle of spray.

BUT...if it did...it is all over the chair, it is on the rug and so on :)

Challenge no pressure shooting blood out of the nose and downward...

W

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arin32
Back