CA CA - Michelle Pulsifer, 3, Huntington Beach, July 1969

I remember this case well....I think the younger siblings pursued it once they were old enough and realized you don't leave a child behind because there "is no room in the car." How devastating and heartbreaking.

Without a body and with Kent now deceased this is going to be a difficult case to prosecute.

What a very sad case. With Kent's supposed criminal record and history of violence, why wasn't he pursued a little more aggressively in this case? Kent was deathly ill anyways, instead of totally blaming Michelle, he should have admitted his role. I am sure both of them are responsible for the death.

What a tragedy for the surviving siblings. How could you tell another child his sibling was being left behind because there is no room in the car?

I hope this woman rots in prison. Anyone who gets up and moves their kids way from their dad without disclosing of the childrens wherabouts is a loser anyways. At least a judge withheld her child support payments.

Mistrial declared in 1969 cold case

A mistrial was declared today when a jury announced it was hopelessly deadlocked after 15 hours of deliberations in the trial of a Wisconsin woman charged with murdering her daughter in 1969.

Donna Prentice, 61, showed no sign of emotion when Superior Court Judge James A. Stotler called an end to the trial after jurors told him that further deliberations would not lead to a verdict. She will remain in custody on $1 million bail pending a retrial.

Jurors said they were stymied at 10-2 for guilty of second-degree murder.

A mistrial was declared today when a jury announced it was hopelessly deadlocked after 15 hours of deliberations in the trial of a Wisconsin woman charged with murdering her daughter in 1969.

Donna Prentice, 61, showed no sign of emotion when Superior Court Judge James A. Stotler called an end to the trial after jurors told him that further deliberations would not lead to a verdict. She will remain in custody on $1 million bail pending a retrial.

Damn... I had so hoped she would have been found guilty !!
I hope they re-try her and the next jury is able to convict her murdering, heartless A$$ !!

that is so stupid. 15 hours is NOT that long.

What a disappointment. There is no question she knew the daughter was dead. The DA should have filed charges years ago. What a horrible excuse for a mother.

This story originally aired Dateline NBC on March 14, 2008. I found this so interesting of this poor father still wanting answers 40 yrs later.

When a 3-year-old named Michelle Pulsifer disappeared, her father couldn't even get police to search for her -- but he never gave up looking

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23592454/

This is so sad and unbelievable how much the system let this little girl down.

I first heard about this case on this website. I also watched Dateline. What a travesty it was a hung jury. It is very obvious that Donna knows the girl is dead. Her refusal to give authorities the childs whereabouts should have been suspicious enough to charge her a long time ago.

So does Donna Prentice still stay in jail in a mistrial?

Michelle's dad deserves alot of credit for not ever giving up on what happened to his daughter. I hope she never gets out of jail.

Has she been compared to Sharon Marshall? I haven't looked to see if dates could even line up.

Has she been compared to Sharon Marshall? I haven't looked to see if dates could even line up.

I know she was brought up at one time Christine, not sure if they ever compared dna or not.

ETA: after reading back through some of the posts, I think they snowballed the idea because the step father said he buried her in a canyon. IMO I still think they should run dna through the databanks for comparison.

So does Donna Prentice still stay in jail in a mistrial?

She shouldn't be, unless she's being held on other charges. Mistrials due to hung jury are usually considered final because a new trial would benefit the defense overwhelmingly.

I know she was brought up at one time Christine, not sure if they ever compared dna or not.

ETA: after reading back through some of the posts, I think they snowballed the idea because the step father said he buried her in a canyon. IMO I still think they should run dna through the databanks for comparison.

I agree! I would assume this family has her DNA in CODIS. Going to read up and see if I can find out.

Only problem here...so many are convinced LE doesn't have Sharon's DNA.

Her eyes are listed as brown on missing kids and charley. I can't find DNA info. Wonder why the dad doesn't have up a website, etc?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back