CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
I misread. He took her way into the county. This doesn't jive as well but the fact she had no pants on is something distinct.
You could be right little has been known to misremember things in the past no need to delete your post.

You could be right little has been known to misremember things in the past no need to delete your post.
That match wasn't what I was talking about. I made another match between the same woman and a Jane Doe but she was found and murdered/died when Little was in prison. Here is that Doe if you are interested. PM warning for the NamUs page.

Does anyone know where to submit these types of matches to? I think that though they were across the state, most Jane Does are found with either all their clothing or no clothing. The Doe I have had just a necklace and a shirt on. This makes plenty of sense when it comes to Littles confession where he said he took just her pants off.

Does anyone know where to submit these types of matches to? I think that though they were across the state, most Jane Does are found with either all their clothing or no clothing. The Doe I have had just a necklace and a shirt on. This makes plenty of sense when it comes to Littles confession where he said he took just her pants off.
I'm not sure, possibly the Ranger who is investigating Little's crimes?
I admire you all for taking on this task ‼️

Not sure but this is the only Jane Doe in Florida that could be "Linda", murdered in around 1971. This woman's body was found with electrical cord around her neck. Was Little ever known to use this method? She was found and murdered 2 years later but this isn't a problem as Little was known to get these things wrong. Her Doe Network says she was dumped near Indian Trail Ranch. Did Little dump bodies in these types of locations? The age matches up as Little says she was 22 and this woman was 22 - 28. She was only dumped about an hour from Miami too. This may be a match. Here is the sketch Little had done of her:
mini

I just want to give a small update on Linda. I heard back on January 9 saying they would review the info and get back to me. I haven't heard from them since. I may wait longer until a write to them as they are busy so they may not have reviewed it yet.

I feel that Samuel little should get his own forum, that way we could have a separate thread for each confession, kind of like Alcala has a forum with threads for each photo.

Very recent ID of one of SL's victims.
May 18 2023
''MACON, Ga. (AP) — The remains of a Georgia woman killed 46 years ago were identified and confirmed as a victim of Samuel Little, known as the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history, authorities said Thursday.

Yvonne Pless was about 20 when Little killed her in 1977, according to a news release from the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office and the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council. She had been dubbed “Macon Jane Doe” by The Telegraph newspaper in the city.

Little, who died in December 2020, confessed in 2018 to killing two Macon women, prompting Georgia investigators to travel to Texas in 2019 to interview him. They were able to confirm that his confessions matched the unsolved Macon cold case. They were able to notify a remaining family member of the other woman, Fredonia Smith, who was killed in 1982.''

Hi!
This is my first post in here. I live in the Macon, GA area and received an alert that one of his victims was identified. That led me to reading about the victims whom he confessed to murdering, but have yet to be identified.

This is an excerpt from the FBI website:

Unmatched Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984

Little stated that in approximately 1984, possibly in the summertime, he was driving his Lincoln Continental Mark III from Loraine, Ohio, to Cincinnati. While en route, he met a 25-year-old white female outside a strip club. He remembers her as being 5’6” - 5’7” tall and 130-170 pounds. Little describes her as having short blonde hair and blue eyes with a “hippie” appearance. She approached him and asked for a ride to Miami, Florida, saying her mother lived there. Little said he and the woman drove south on Interstate 75. When they reached Cincinnati, the two of them spent time downtown on Vine Street. They continued driving together, across the river into northern Kentucky. Little described driving to a hilly area not far from I-75. He drove up a small dirt road to the top of a “little round hill,” where he strangled the woman in the backseat of his car. He left her body on the top of the hill.

This is from an excerpt of Samuels confession:

Little: "We got to Covington and then we continued through Covington. And there was a park that they were having a festival in. And she heard the music and sh** off the band in there. And by her being a hippie type she “whoa”…she want to get to that. But the police came over and peeked in the car. He really wanted me to move out of there. So we...instead of going in there, I took her the other way. Winding around...they got hills out in Kentucky. And the road winds around the hills. I seen a little short road going up the hill. And up top, there was, uh, vegetation. There wasn’t no houses or nothing. So I pulled up in there and concealed the car in that little vegetation up there on top of the hill."

Being familiar with the area, I am pretty confident Samuel is speaking of Devou Park, a park with lots of hills and wooded area.

The image attached is an AI enhanced sketch of this woman.

Now, I believe I may have found someone who may be the victim. I also believe I may have found the spot where she was murdered via satellite imagery from 1985-1993. Compared to today's satellite imagery, much of the park is still heavily wooded and covered in vegetation. I don't know what the rules are as far as posting on here, I do not want to upset any loved ones or come off as disrespectful with my speculation. This is a human being who was loved, and I don't want this to sound like a Clue game mystery.

Hotpot.png
Hotpot.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
This is my first post in here. I live in the Macon, GA area and received an alert that one of his victims was identified. That led me to reading about the victims whom he confessed to murdering, but have yet to be identified.

This is an excerpt from the FBI website:

Unmatched Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984

Little stated that in approximately 1984, possibly in the summertime, he was driving his Lincoln Continental Mark III from Loraine, Ohio, to Cincinnati. While en route, he met a 25-year-old white female outside a strip club. He remembers her as being 5’6” - 5’7” tall and 130-170 pounds. Little describes her as having short blonde hair and blue eyes with a “hippie” appearance. She approached him and asked for a ride to Miami, Florida, saying her mother lived there. Little said he and the woman drove south on Interstate 75. When they reached Cincinnati, the two of them spent time downtown on Vine Street. They continued driving together, across the river into northern Kentucky. Little described driving to a hilly area not far from I-75. He drove up a small dirt road to the top of a “little round hill,” where he strangled the woman in the backseat of his car. He left her body on the top of the hill.

This is from an excerpt of Samuels confession:

Little: "We got to Covington and then we continued through Covington. And there was a park that they were having a festival in. And she heard the music and sh** off the band in there. And by her being a hippie type she “whoa”…she want to get to that. But the police came over and peeked in the car. He really wanted me to move out of there. So we...instead of going in there, I took her the other way. Winding around...they got hills out in Kentucky. And the road winds around the hills. I seen a little short road going up the hill. And up top, there was, uh, vegetation. There wasn’t no houses or nothing. So I pulled up in there and concealed the car in that little vegetation up there on top of the hill."

Being familiar with the area, I am pretty confident Samuel is speaking of Devou Park, a park with lots of hills and wooded area.

The image attached is an AI enhanced sketch of this woman.

Now, I believe I may have found someone who may be the victim. I also believe I may have found the spot where she was murdered via satellite imagery from 1985-1993. Compared to today's satellite imagery, much of the park is still heavily wooded and covered in vegetation. I don't know what the rules are as far as posting on here, I do not want to upset any loved ones or come off as disrespectful with my speculation. This is a human being who was loved, and I don't want this to sound like a Clue game mystery.

View attachment 423164
View attachment 423164
This is outdated. This victim was matched to a Jane Doe and that Jane Doe was ID'd as Linda Bennett last year.

This is outdated. This victim was matched to a Jane Doe and that Jane Doe was ID'd as Linda Bennett last year.
She’s not a confirmed Samuel little victim the confession is similar in some ways but there are also disrepancies.

Her murder case is still open the Kentucky state police have not confirmed she was a victim of Samuel little the article says they have no suspects in her case.

phantomstrider is correct.
There is indeed, at the time of writing, a reference on
the Samuel Little Wiki with Linda Bennett as a suspected
victim.

Unfortunately, various other websites, such as Reddit &
Unidentified-awareness.fandom, etc. currently misread
this and then incorrectly list her as if she were a
confirmed victim.

Samuel Little in fact spoke of a victim of his that he
met in 1984 in Columbus, Ohio and drove her through
Covington KY as being "some kind of hippie" "about 25"
years old, with "dishwater blonde" hair who asked for
a ride to Miami, FL, and she said her mother lived there.

He related he drove from Covington via roads,
(the FBI video is cut-edited, so we hear nothing
indicating how long, or far from Covington he drove,
to get to the body site
...),
as he related, where "the road winds around the hills"
(in KY) and to "a little short road going up the hill",
where "there wasn't no houses or nothing" where he
pulled up there "in the little vegetation up there on
top of the hill
", in an FBI video interview;
Samuel Little: Confessions of a Killer | Federal Bureau of Investigation
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDWPik6IZ0

However:
Linda Bennett was 38 years old at her death, she
was found in 1988 several days after her death, she
had Dark brown/black hair, she was found near a
quite visible building
793UFKY
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZuT_RLeIcA&t=40s
and timestamp 1:36 .

Samuel Little was known to be out by years in his
memories, so we will give no weight to the 1984
& 1988 difference in year, however the non-match
with the other details IMO suggests the actual
likelihood of Linda Bennett being a victim of Samuel
Little are low.

The remains of the victim that Samuel Little spoke
of in his interview, are unlikely to be found until or
when the FBI decides to stop being coy with that part
of the interview that may detail about how long or
far Samuel Little drove from Covington to the body
site - until then, the body site could be anywhere
driving away from Covington, from several miles to
many tens of miles.

Last edited:
victim.

confirmed victim.

to get to the body site
...),
top of the hill
Code:

However:
quite visible building
793UFKY
Code:

Little are low.

many tens of miles.
True. I also must admit that sketch looks absolutely nothing like Linda. The only one I've seen that was confirmed was a Jane Doe found in 1982 in Orleans Parish. She was confirmed because she was given a bracelet by Little that was found with her body

victim.

confirmed victim.

to get to the body site
...),
top of the hill
Code:

However:
quite visible building
793UFKY
Code:

Little are low.

many tens of miles.
I'm also updating the wiki to say she is a suspected victim instead of confirmed.

It is not outdaed, it is on the FBI website and it took place in 1984.
Thanks though.

Also, I think I have matched this victim to a runaway that is still confirmed missing, but I am not sure how to go about it or name drop.

Also, I think I have matched this victim to a runaway that is still confirmed missing, but I am not sure how to go about it or name drop.
Is she in NamUs? If she is then you could probably name her. Is she reported missing too?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bdaruvdhj
Back