CA CA - Peter McColl, 16, Berkeley, 28 Aug 1995

Yes I was never in a cab to the airport . I did meet some kids at Gilman ( punk club) and they were from Laguna Beach Area . I went with them down south just for fun .I was a runaway from Pleasanton Ca. I was questioned by police and cleared .
THANK YOU for posting this important info. It really helps to clear some scenarios off the list of potential outcomes.

I am so happy that you are alive and well. :)

And I think of Peter often. My heart breaks for the family!! My heart breaks for the mother .I could not imagine missing a child . The streets of the Bay Area were very dangerous. There were so many very shady characters , people .I have been through extremely traumatic experiences. I pray that the family gets much needed answers.
Hi Nichole

Last edited:
And I think of Peter often. My heart breaks for the family!! My heart breaks for the mother .I could not imagine missing a child . The streets of the Bay Area were very dangerous. There were so many very shady characters , people .I have been through extremely traumatic experiences. I pray that the family gets much needed answers.
Hi Nichole, How do you remember seeing him on Telegraph a few times if you did not know him at all? What was he doing, how do you know it was him?

Last edited:
Hi Nichole, How do you remember seeing him on Telegraph a few times if you did not know him at all? What was he doing, how do you know it was him?

Hi Rebecca. I’m so sorry you still have no answers after these many years. Your family’s pain is unimaginable. :(

I can’t speak for Nichole, of course. But your brother is a handsome guy and I can imagine a girl noticing him on Telegraph without really knowing him personally. I was on Telegraph a lot during summer breaks from college (1964-66) and I’d see the same people around at Cody’s and other places and never knew their names or anything about them but I’d recognize them. So that may be the case with Nichole...or not. You know more about her than I do.

Have you been in touch recently with the Berkeley detective who was looking into Peter’s case again a few years ago? I encourage you to be a squeaky wheel...again...if you’re up to it.

I’ve always liked this article that’s kind of a checklist of things to do initially when a loved one goes missing. Most of the advice isn’t relevant to Peter at this late date, although there may be an idea of two you can pursue. I know your family pounded the pavement and did a lot of detective work on your own after Peter disappeared. Not all families are as diligent so I commend you. I think the final two paragraphs of the article reflect what you did and are powerful words of wisdom no matter how much time has elapsed...

A missing person is too important to be left to one person. Those family members who wish to “leave it to the professionals,” and sit back on the couch to let the police do the work will probably get out of this what they put into it. I prefer the Team Approach, with the family involved in a productive way. We must help law enforcement to accomplish this mission, and if they do not know how, we can show them the way.

Will law enforcement accept your assistance? Perhaps not willingly. We in law enforcement tend to think that we don’t need any help, and some investigators will view the family as hindrance. That’s too bad. The missing person is YOUR LOVED ONE. You may have to be insistent. You may ruffle some feathers. Is there anything more important?

Everything You Need to Know When Your Loved One Goes Missing | Justice In Miami #Justice4Lily

Here’s hoping you will get some answers soon.

Hi, Thank you for the tips. I'd like to hear from Nicole directly because if she knew who he was then there would be others that she hung around with that would too. And they hung around in Telegraph to do drugs. So was he doing drugs too? Was he buying them from her? And if she was on the bus that morning and they spoke briefly then they knew each other how ever casually. Nichole disappeared the same day he did. I just want to understand how she is so sure she saw him. What was the connection? I'll post more later on my interactions with police. Separately, I'm also interested in pursuing any possible connection with the Speed Freak Killers case which has been recently reopened. I appreciate everyone's help!

Hi, Thank you for the tips. I'd like to hear from Nicole directly because if she knew who he was then there would be others that she hung around with that would too. And they hung around in Telegraph to do drugs. So was he doing drugs too? Was he buying them from her? And if she was on the bus that morning and they spoke briefly then they knew each other how ever casually. Nichole disappeared the same day he did. I just want to understand how she is so sure she saw him. What was the connection? I'll post more later on my interactions with police. Separately, I'm also interested in pursuing any possible connection with the Speed Freak Killers case which has been recently reopened. I appreciate everyone's help!
Ws thread..
CA - CA - Speed Freak Killers (Shermantine talks; Herzog commits suicide)

If there's any other missing persons cases involving 16 year olds - and lacking evidence of foul play - I would be interested in reading, just to compare the backgrounds (like above).

Karlie Guse (2 witnesses say they saw her walking in the morning towards a highway)
Mekayla Bali (Left school and was last seen waiting at a bus depot, but did not buy a ticket or board a bus)
Alicia Navarro (ran away, but left a note she planned to return; its been 1.5 yrs. has autism)
Selena Not Afraid (16-year-old who has since been found deceased)

Edit:
Additional Cases from California
Michael Masaoay
Enrique Rios
Mikey Guidry
Ingrid Contreras

Last edited:
I was living on the streets. I would spend a lot of time either on Haight Street SF. Or Telegraph Berkeley. All the street people had their own groups. And spots on the street where they would hang out. I did not know Peter . He was not in my group. I do remember seeing him a couple times on Telegraph. I know because at that time I would be on the street Telegraph 24 hours every day. When you live on the streets everybody knows everyone that hangs out on the street without knowing them if that makes any sense. I remember at that time seeing him afront of Moes Books. I’ve never talked to him .

Police showed me a picture of Peter and I recognized him from seeing him on Telegraph. When you are living on the streets you are very observant of who comes and go in your area . It’s a coping mechanism. To be aware . Just because I recognized him back then did not mean that I knew him . I didn’t know him we never spoke . I just remembered back then seeing him afront of the bookstore.

When you live on a particular street you are aware of all who comes and goes on the street. The street is like your house. Your home. We knew the street vendors, the business owners, employees from the stores on Telegraph. We could tell when tourists were there. Or kids who had houses but would come hang out on the street. We also knew when other kids would come from different states . We knew of other groups of homeless people. That’s just how it is when you live on the streets.

When you live on a particular street you are aware of all who comes and goes on the street. The street is like your house. Your home. We knew the street vendors, the business owners, employees from the stores on Telegraph. We could tell when tourists were there. Or kids who had houses but would come hang out on the street. We also knew when other kids would come from different states . We knew of other groups of homeless people. That’s just how it is when you live on the streets.
Thanks for all the tidbits of information NZOTTI, hope you are living in a nice and comfy place now!

Hi Nichole[/QUOTE
Hi Rebecca ! If you have any other questions feel free to contact me. I hope you and your family are doing well . And again I’m so sorry for what your going through!!

Peter John McColl
Missing Person
Peter John McColl
Peter-McColl-72527_5.jpg

Peter-McColl-72527_6.jpg

Missing Since:
08/28/1995
Sex:
Male
DOB:
07/30/1979
Race:
White
Height:
Eyes:
Blue
Weight:
160 lbs.
Hair:
Brown
Clothing:
Black jeans, grey t-shirt, grey sweatshirt, Doc-Marten brand boots
Dental X-rays Available:
Yes
Peter McColl was last seen on August 28, 1995, in Berkeley. Photo on left is age-progressed to 30 years of age. Age progression is provided by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).
Contact
Agency:
Berkeley Police Department
Phone Number:
(510) 644-6744
Case Number:
95-48368

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors