CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

New Details Describe Affair Between Phuong Le And Married Man
Posted: 10:21 pm PDT May 21, 2010
Updated: 12:00 am PDT May 22, 2010

Nam Le, Phuong's older sister, said it started three years ago, before Phuong entered nursing school, and was working at Nguyen's store.

Nam said, back then, when the affair was discovered, the families on both sides pressured the two to break it off, and thought they had.

"It's over, no more," Nam told KTVU.

snip

Huong also peppered Nguyen with calls that night as well before even calling police.

And even as Phuong's brothers were marshaling a public search for their sister, they were sharing suspicions about Nguyen with police.

snip

According to the first detectives to quiz Nguyen at his house, he denied an affair, and was upset they questioned him in front of his wife.

But E-mails between him and Phuong Le show a recent history of romantic exchanges between them.

When asked whether she thought a stranger might have something to do with the death of her sister, Nam Le had this response: "Yeah, a stranger kidnapped her. Something like that."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/23641885/detail.html

Those following Phuong's case will be interested in the video with this article.

I wonder what time the family started phoning him that night and where he took those calls?

snip

According to the first detectives to quiz Nguyen at his house, he denied an affair, and was upset they questioned him in front of his wife.

It's understandable he'd be upset to be questioned in front of his wife, HOWEVER...

He lied to detectives, which could theoretically be the second time he'd have broken the law to protect his life/lifestyle. To me, that's significant.

hmmm...wonder if the argument that sent Phuong off to calm down was about something more than hanging up fliers?

Nam Le, Phuong's older sister, said it started three years ago, before Phuong entered nursing school, and was working at Nguyen's store.Nam said, back then, when the affair was discovered, the families on both sides pressured the two to break it off, and thought they had.

Her family has always believed that Le and Nguyen had a platonic relationship. Her brother, Dinh Le, was surprised when he read the search warrant. However, it doesn't change his opinion of Nguyen who has been a family friend for years.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/north_bay&id=7455699

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong...:waitasec:

darlin gal...I definitely acknowledge the inconsistency, and that crossed my mind, too.

I think it's possible and likely, however, the family may have seen many "shades of gray," as it were. The parents and brother may very well have suspected early on that Phuong was flirting or took an interest in TN and that the relationship was "platonic" (perhaps meaning no physical involvement?). If anyone would've known the true extent of the relationship, I'd think it would be the sister, who would've likely acted as Phuong's confidante.

In a scenario like this, I could see the family being "surprised" to learn a relationship continued or was anything more than an "interest." If they protested an "interest" in the beginning, they might be surprised to learn the interest had progressed or was prolonged.

Just guessing, but I do think it's possible.

darlin gal...I definitely acknowledge the inconsistency, and that crossed my mind, too.

I think it's possible and likely, however, the family may have seen many "shades of gray," as it were. The parents and brother may very well have suspected early on that Phuong was flirting or took an interest in TN and that the relationship was "platonic" (perhaps meaning no physical involvement?). If anyone would've known the true extent of the relationship, I'd think it would be the sister, who would've likely acted as Phuong's confidante.

In a scenario like this, I could see the family being "surprised" to learn a relationship continued or was anything more than an "interest." If they protested an "interest" in the beginning, they might be surprised to learn the interest had progressed or was prolonged.

Just guessing, but I do think it's possible.

An affair isn't platonic though.

The sister said the affair started three years ago and the families of both sides pressured them to them to break it off.

Then the other article says the family always believed the relationship to be platonic.

It doesn't compute.

Nam Le, Phuong's older sister, said it started three years ago, before Phuong entered nursing school, and was working at Nguyen's store.

Nam said, back then, when the affair was discovered, the families on both sides pressured the two to break it off, and thought they had.

"It's over, no more," Nam told KTVU.

snip

Huong also peppered Nguyen with calls that night as well before even calling police.

And even as Phuong's brothers were marshaling a public search for their sister, they were sharing suspicions about Nguyen with police.

snip

But E-mails between him and Phuong Le show a recent history of romantic exchanges between them.

When asked whether she thought a stranger might have something to do with the death of her sister, Nam Le had this response: "Yeah, a stranger kidnapped her. Something like that."

Those following Phuong's case will be interested in the video with this article.

Three years? Sounds to me Phuong's family knew about the affair - and could he keep that from his wife for 3 years? How sad for everybody involved - wasting lives with mates that are unavailable, such as a married man! Guess this was convenient while in nursing school, but once graduated and moving on in life, maybe Phuong wanted more commitment - and didn't get it??? moo

When the brother called LE (the very first night) they came out to the parking lot, looked at the car, and left. Didn't investigate or document any facts having to do with the car of Phuong - right? 2 days later LE did investigative work. moo

So when the brother called Nguyan that night, it took LE two days before contacting him? That's alot of time. What a mess for the family. moo

ETA: I think LE need to keep focusing on Nguyan - he had lead time to get rid of evidence. And most certainly, he had motive. moo

It said families on both sides pressured her to break it off...so the wife knew about the affair at one point?

An affair isn't platonic though.

The sister said the affair started three years ago and the families of both sides pressured them to them to break it off.

Then the other article says the family always believed the relationship to be platonic.

It doesn't compute.

Did the sister say 'affair' or did the reporter say 'affair'? I watched the video with the interview of the sister but I don't recall.

Three years? Sounds to me Phuong's family knew about the affair - and could he keep that from his wife for 3 years? How sad for everybody involved - wasting lives with mates that are unavailable, such as a married man! Guess this was convenient while in nursing school, but once graduated and moving on in life, maybe Phuong wanted more commitment - and didn't get it??? moo

When the brother called LE (the very first night) they came out to the parking lot, looked at the car, and left. Didn't investigate or document any facts having to do with the car of Phuong - right? 2 days later LE did investigative work. moo

So when the brother called Nguyan that night, it took LE two days before contacting him? That's alot of time. What a mess for the family. moo

ETA: I think LE need to keep focusing on Nguyan - he had lead time to get rid of evidence. And most certainly, he had motive. moo

I'm thinking some family members knew more than others about what was going on, or some family members were more suspicious about what may have been going on, particularly after Phuong went missing.

I think this is probably something we see a lot in these cases. Loved ones initially don't admit what they consider to be embarrassing details to the press. Somer Thompson never wandered unattended around the neighborhood, no reason to believe Shantina Smiley would have been drinking, etc....

It said families on both sides pressured her to break it off...so the wife knew about the affair at one point?

That's what I wondered also.

I was thinking if his wife already knew, then maybe there is not much motive for him to kill her...sure, maybe she thought it was over, but still I don't see this as a reason for killing her all of a sudden...it wouldn't be the total shock that most wives would have coming, IMO

Wouldn't it be interesting to know if it was routine for Nguyen's wife and
kids to be away from the home all day Sunday and for him to be home alone?

It seems unusual since he works all week and it's the only day he has to spend
with his children.

That made me wonder whether he and his wife could have had a recent dispute
over his ongoing "affair"?

I know most of us, including me, had a good first impression of TN from his video's. He just didn't come across as the sneaky or violent type at all. Then we hear that he had 5 cell phones??? Who the heck needs 5 cell phones?

He sure didn't look like a killer to me, but now I just don't know what to think!

I'm a senior citizen-
maybe the - hinky meter wears out along with the rest of the body. LOL

snipped:
I know most of us, including me, had a good first impression of TN from his video's. He just didn't come across as the sneaky or violent type at all. Then we hear that he had 5 cell phones??? Who the heck needs 5 cell phones?

I was thinking maybe some of those phones belonged to other family members, or were old phones. I know in my house, they might find something like 8 cell phones altogether! I saw from the Property Report that someone linked, for instance, that one was a "Pink Flip Phone", which would seem more like a girl's phone...wife or daughter, if there is one?

where I saw "pink flip phone" on the Property Report:
http://www.news10.net/news/pdf/le_warrant.pdf

snipped:

I was thinking maybe some of those phones belonged to other family members, or were old phones. I know in my house, they might find something like 8 cell phones altogether! I saw from the Property Report that someone linked, for instance, that one was a "Pink Flip Phone", which would seem more like a girl's phone...wife or daughter, if there is one?

where I saw "pink flip phone" on the Property Report:
http://www.news10.net/news/pdf/le_warrant.pdf
Also, did I miss it, or is there any information that these phones were for five different phone numbers (not on a family plan), or just five phones? I'm not seeing five phones with the same number or different numbers within a family plan unusual. MOO

Ok, If the wife knew about the affair, and TN kept talking to PL, then I would believe that would cause some problems...

And honestly, I don't find the 8 cell phones disturbing, I have a box full of them that I've been collecting from friends and family that I plan on donating to a battered woman's shelter, so if they searched my home right now, it probably wouldn't look very good either. (not to mention my one phone, and my dbf's 2...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne
Back