CA - Private school molestation case, principal remains out of sight

I am so sorry for what you and your kids went through. Oh my gosh. Yeah, I can't say why I know this principal is guilty, but he is. And it's so frustrating and sad to see his family and a lot of supportive school families out there raising money for him and talking about how much they love him, assuming that this whole thing is just from a disgruntled employee.

People don't realize how clever and phony child molesters can be. They groom not just their victims but their families and their complete social circle. They always attempt to be the Greatest around kids so they can keep the access. He's been with kids in bathing suits in his arms his entire adult life. People think that you can't be a molester if you have a wife and kids. This is not true. Yes, there are pedophiles with mo interest in adult partners. But there are even more molesters with full families and who are intimate with their wives, etc. This way no one suspects the person next to them would ever do such a thing.

Maybe the cognitive dissonance will be so great for his supporters that they will decide they won't believe any of it even if he's convicted. It would be so hard to believe your dad / spouse / trusted friend could do this to children.

But this much I can tell you: the police are getting a lot of calls about him. They are obviously carefully building their case. I do predict an arrest. The vp of a middle school in kern county this year was arrested 2 months after the molestation accusations against him.

ok, so, I'm thinking what I would do if I saw someone molest a little girl and it sure wouldn't be to record it in my spiral notebook with all the other entries of supposed inappropriate behaviour ...

um, hello, 911? (that might be before or after I savagely attacked him and whisked the child away to safety)

he might be guilty, he might not be ... but the secretary should probably stop talking to the press and just give her evidence in court because it's really difficult to feel any sympathy for her (from a survivors POV)

jmo & all that jazz ...

The witness was an unpaid volunteer, and she did report what she saw to her supervisor, who went nowhere with the info. I agree, I would not have backed out of the room, I would have interrupted the action for sure!

The parents and staff have been working so hard to reopen. I wonder why they've asked for a delay?

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/18/3846565/citrus-heights-school-delays-hearing.html

Citrus Heights school delays hearing on school's license
August 18, 2011

"Officials at a Citrus Heights private school hoping to reopen after molestation allegations shut the school down last month have asked to delay an appeal hearing scheduled for today with the city of Citrus Heights. Creative Frontiers was closed July 18 amid allegations Principal Robert Adams molested children over the past 15 years.

Creative Frontiers also pushed back an appeal hearing with the state regarding the school's revocation of its operating license. That hearing is now scheduled for Nov. 14...."

More at link (and a growing number of comments)

Lots of developments down in Citrus Heights it seems. There were far more building and safety violations than previously reported. Several buildings at the school were actually red flagged by inspectors and the flags removed. The pool was also closed in June but the school continued to use it. It sounds like supporters of Mr. Brown have been working around the clock to bring everything up to par to start school.

In reading comments following the updates at the SacBee, it is clear that more and more parents are accessing the docs (they won't open for me) and seeing for themselves that there's been a good bit of duplicity. Everyone's been forced to look for alternate placements for their children and it doesn't seem that refunds are being made as the state seized the computers. Not a whole bunch of happy campers.

Then came the news that the school recently sold to the fiancee of Brown's daughter. One has to wonder whether the upgrades have been done to meet the state/county deadlines or for the inspection for an upcoming sale. I wonder if the parents and staff knew about the sale prior to the announcement?

Some parents seem to think that there will be no arrest, being that the investigation has gone on for 6 weeks. However, I wish they knew how long we've seen investigations last. I've seen many which take months or even years, after the news of the investigation has been released to the press. LE and DHS are typically very thorough and don't have a timeline, as they've made clear. I'm very hopeful that no sexual abuse occurred but I don't think we're out of the woods yet. Unsafe pools and inadequate cushioning under slides is one thing. Sex abuse is quite another. However, I fail to see how Brown felt that he could continue to hide these documented deficits from the families any longer. The school lost their business license in

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/26/3862584/citrus-heights-school-at-center.html

Citrus Heights school at center of molestation allegations says it will reopen
August 26, 2011

"Creative Frontiers school, shut down by authorities this summer amid an ongoing molestation investigation, has announced plans to reopen Sept. 6 and is inviting parents to reserve class space now. But the city of Citrus Heights, which pulled the school's business license July 18, said it has no idea what the private school's operators are talking about...."

and

"....At issue is a request by a 29-year-old Auburn man, Zsolt Benedek, who is now listed as the new owner of Creative Frontiers. Robert Adams, the former owner and the focus of the molestation investigation, indicates in paperwork filed with the city that he sold the school to Benedek on Aug. 16...."

more at link (hundreds of comments)

You know who really loses? The children. They're bound to be thoroughly confused at this juncture.

The FB page for the school's supporters:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/134888604181/

If anyone can find and the post the docs, that would be really helpful. Thanks.

I've been keeping an eye on the FB page for Creative Frontiers School and I have to say that I'm really surprised that they still plan to open (under a new owner) on Sept. 6th, even without a business license. I'm so hopeful that an attempt to reopen and a quick shut-down by the state or city doesn't just frighten the children all over again.

I've also been reading the 100s of comments (I'm not exaggerating!!) under the SacBee articles. From an outsider's viewpoint, there just seems to be so much misrepresentation and increasingly confusing reports given by the Adams' family. It's hard for me to believe that they can regroup and reclaim their reputation. Many nasty details have been released in publicly available documents. I don't blame the parents for being irate. Regardless of how the molestation investigation plays out, the owners lied to their parents. That would NOT go over well with me.

Yaelle--If you see this, can you please update us on any new information. I'd be very curious. Thanks.

I had the strongest suspicion that there would be charges. But I didn't want it to be true as if there are charges, there are victims. Victims in the middle of a sweet and bucolic private school filled with "Duckies" and "Froggies" and doting protective parents. My heart just aches for all of them.

http://www.news10.net/rss/article/153657/2/Former-Creative-Frontiers-principal-arrested

Creative Frontiers principal, Robert Adams, arrested
September 7, 2011

"The former principal and owner of Creative Frontiers School, Robert Adams, was arrested Wednesday morning on molestation charges, said Citrus Heights Police Chief Christopher Boyd. Adams was booked into the Sacramento County jail on seven criminal charges, including six felony counts of lewd or lascivious acts on a child under the age of 14, and one misdemeanor count of annoying or molesting children..."

"...Adams was arrested at his home in Folsom just after 7 a.m. The police chief said Adams needed medical attention at his house before being transported to jail...."

and

"....Adams is accused of molesting seven victims over a period of 15 years, with the most recent allegation made in 2011. The private school was shut down and its license suspended in July 2011 following complaints against Adams by a Creative Frontiers employee and several parents."

more at link

Here's the complaint:

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2011/09/07/10/48/WilkD.So.4.pdf

More info:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2011/09/creative-school.html

Creative Frontiers principal arrested, accused of molesting seven children

".....there are seven separate victims and that additional investigations are under way. Adams faces six felony counts of lewd and lascivious behavior with a child under 14, and one misdemeanor count of annoying or molesting a child under 18. The criminal complaint filed in the case today includes allegations that Adams molested children ranging in age from 2 or 3 to 8 years old. Two of the cases stem from interviews with teachers at Creative Frontiers, according to the complaint....."

and

"....The school remains closed. Adams has told city officials that he sold the school to a man engaged to marry one of his daughters and that he is no longer affiliated with the campus. [Police Chief Christopher] Boyd said Adams had been cooperative in the investigation and the efforts to reopen the school, including discussions as recently as Tuesday.

But Citrus Heights has not lifted the suspension of the school's business license and the campus remained deserted this morning. At the front of the campus on a white rail fence numerous hand-painted signs remain declaring support for "Mr. Bob" and denouncing "false allegations...."

more at link

The teachers saw this and didn't report? They allowed this to continue? All the yelling and screaming about false allegations has surely wounded those who were telling the truth. I need to take a break.......

The nastiness just does not seem to be letting up. The comments on the Creative Frontiers FB page and under today's articles are mostly vicious. They rant and rave about a "set-up", political motivation, and worst of all; doubt the victims and the disclosures.

I guess these folks haven't spent much time over here on WS. I just checked and if you type "teacher molestation" into the search bar, you get 95 hits. With "teacher rape", you get 240 hits. With "teacher child *advertiser censored*", you get 155 hits. The vast majority of these teachers who were accused of a sex crime had very vocal supporters. They were trusted, revered, won awards and accolades...until they got caught. They never wore a shirt which identified them as pedophiles. They groomed their communities and the parents just as surely as they did their victims, their young students.

What a sad thing it is to watch some people's eyes get pried open to the truth.

Well, "Mr. Bob" has been released from the hospital after having a health issue upon his arrest. I find it interesting that he was released late in the evening as he might have to spend the night in jail.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2011/09/former-principa-1.html

Former principal out of hospital, headed to jail

"...Adams, 60, is to be booked on one misdemeanor and six felony counts and is scheduled to be arraigned in Sacramento Superior Court Friday morning. He was arrested at his Folsom home Wednesday but complained of chest pains and had been in custody while hospitalized until tonight...."

more at link

I've been appalled by the comments on the Creative Frontiers FB page. It's one thing to be supportive of a friend who you think might have been falsely accused (by 7 children) but it's quite another to go after the victims and those who are carefully watching. According to some on the FB page, I must be one of the real "perverts":

"...The real perverts are the ones who think that a man who lets little girls sit on his lap must be up to something evil, because they themselves are filthy minded. Seriously. Get your heads out of the gutter and stay out of the strip joints, get some therapy, and maybe some of these kids will get to own their sexuality again....."

I'll have to remember that admonition.

I don't know any more than what I see happening. I did know there would be an arrest and that it was a strong case. What a wimp, having chest pains when he's finally busted. No pains for all the girls whose innocence he stole. It is appalling that the supporters left who still believe the pedophile is a good person are actually attacking his victims. You are right that pervs spend as much time grooming their communities as their victims. And no principal should be taking special walks or naps with his special friends. Nor bouncing them on his lap.

Hi Yaelle--I've never seen so much acrimony as there is on the Creative Frontiers Facebook page and under different articles about the investigation. I think that Adams had many supporters--until such time that they realized that he was lying about many issues concerning building violations, some quite serious. It seems they also misled parents into truly believing the school was close to opening under a new owner--a relative, I believe. The planned opening day came and went and some people pulled their children out of other placements in anticipation.

It would hurt to be a strong supporter of a school (where tuition is over $500/month) and to be treated badly, just because you ask a question--not about the allegations but about the return of tuition paid or the possibility of the school reopening. I've also been bothered by the condemnation of some of the teacher/witnesses. I find the whole incident really sad and the kids are the real losers.

There should be some book or pamphlet handed out by the DA's office when you're arrested as to how to comport yourself and how to rein in your supporters. IMO, this behavior only hurts Adams case and pushes away parents. How I'm reminded of the "100s of people standing behind the Mohler brothers" when they were arrested. Seems like almost all those supporters have faded away, now that the trials are growing closer and people see the enormity and seriousness of the charges.

Sad all around. I'll post if I see any new articles on Creative Frontiers.

Wow- like taking a stroll through all the angst again, public and private. Sadly, the survivors are the most reviled by the public. Missizzy I will stand proudly beside you, for myself and my 2 children.

Thank you, Peazzzer. I really feel horribly for the alleged victims and their families connected to this school. I just do not understand the level of hatefulness hurled about by the supporters of Adams. I fully understand supporting a loved one or beloved educator but it is just not cool to be cruel to children who have disclosed.

I followed a link from one of the comments at the SacBee and found a blog started by some of the parents from the closed school. At least they have documents to support their statements and there's no name-calling. It seems to be filled with thoughtful questions and observations:

http://doubtingcfs.blogspot.com/

I plan to write to the parents and offer some advice.

Had a news item for Missizzy and found myself here, which is good- because I think this item may fit in.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2011/10/11/barbara-kay-women-are-not-always-the-gentler-sex/
"Mentioned, but not elaborated on in the interview was the revelation that Staples had been sexually abused as a child. You’re not surprised. By his mother. Now perhaps, you are.

Most rapists were subjected to some form of sexual abuse in childhood. A startling amount is perpetrated by females. Peer-reviewed studies conclude that between 60-80% of “rapists, sex offenders and sexually aggressive men” were sexually abused by a female.

And yet it is commonly understood that, except in rare cases, women don’t harbour such impulses. As McGill professor of Social Work Myriam Denov, who did her Phd thesis on female sex offenders, notes, as recently as 1984, a study proclaimed that “pedophilia does not exist at all in women.”

It exists in spades. According to a 2004 U.S. Department of Education mass study of university students, 57% of students reporting child sexual abuse cited a male offender, and 42% reported a female offender. Interestingly, 65% of the survivors of female abuse who opened up to a therapist, doctor or other professional were not believed on their first disclosure. Overall, 86% of those who tried to tell anyone at all about their experience were not believed."

Hi dotr--We surely know that there are female offenders. I've started a number of threads on them. So often, the offending seems to be to please or to hold onto a male lover but not always, that's for sure. I've read several studies which show that female offenders, especially of younger male relatives and friends, can wreak havoc in their lives. I'm reminded of the Susan Brock case in Arizona. Not only did a mother sexually assault a young family friend but her daughter did also. The father, a well-respected local official attempted to cover it all up. We have a thread on that case.

I'm curious as to who you think might be the female offender in this particular case. I've only seen charges against the male principal of Creative Frontiers School. Am I missing something?

I don't know what will go down, but if anyone is following this case, creepy principal "Mr. Bob" pleaded not guilty after 9 months of stalling. They stalled as long as they could. Not what an innocent man would do.

I know he is guilty, wish I didn't, so I am primed to see justice be made. I hope there is enough to get him before a jury of post-Sandusky peers. YES, pillars of society are not what they seem sometimes, and YES, pedophiles choose jobs around children and have their "favorites" that need "special love" just like Sandusky, and that teacher in South LA with the semen cookies, and Mr. Bob.

If you read the doubting creative frontiers blog (link earlier in the thread), you saw that Mr. bob was selling home depot gift cards on eBay. After pleading with the school families to donate time and money to repair the school, which never did open again. Hmmm. This is a pathologically dishonest person.

The case is strong against him. May it go well, may they remove him from society.

Oh my....the alleged victims in this case have certainly been forced to wait a long long time for any closure:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/01/5227371/i-want-to-kill-him-alleged-victim.html

'I want to kill him,' alleged victim said of school principal charged with child molestation
March 1, 2013

"The first sign of trouble at Creative Frontiers School came in June 2000, when a concerned parent called law enforcement with allegations that her daughter had been touched inappropriately. "I want to kill him," the young girl told her mother at the time. "I just want to stab him. I want to make him go away." Another report on the Citrus Heights school came in six years later, then another in 2007 and yet another in 2010.

But it wasn't until 2011, after one more allegation was leveled against Robert B. Adams, that authorities decided they had enough evidence to file charges against the school's former owner and principal.

On Thursday, 16 months after authorities charged Adams with child molestation, the first public details of the evidence began to trickle out in Sacramento Superior Court...."

More at link

After much gnashing of teeth by family and supporters, the judge has ruled:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/05/5236305/officer-citrus-heights-principal.html

Officer: Citrus Heights principal gave conflicting stories after molestation arrest
March 5, 2013

"....Under questioning from prosecutor Kevin Jones, the officer said he asked [Robert] Adams twice whether the accusers were all lying. Adams paused both times and did not answer, Rangel said. He also asked about a 4-year-old girl's claim that "Mr. Bob touched my pee-pee" and said Adams responded, "Yeah......"

More at link

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archi...ered-to-stand-trial-on-child-molestation.html

Former private school principal ordered to stand trial on child molestation charges
March 5, 2012

"A judge on Tuesday ordered former principal Robert B. Adams to face trial on charges that he methodically and routinely molested young girls at his private school in Citrus Heights dating back to 1996. After four days of testimony, Sacramento Superior Court Judge Kevin J. McCormick said he was satisfied there was enough evidence and ordered Adams to return to court on April 4. Adams said he "absolutely" planned to retain defense attorney Linda Parisi as his lawyer.

Parisi said after court that she was disappointed but not surprised. Adams faces six felony counts of molesting children and one misdemeanor charge. During testimony Tuesday, one young woman told a detective that Adams would routinely place her on his lap at his Citrus Heights school and reach up under her shirt to rub her chest area. A former teacher told another detective she took a young girl to him with a skinned knee and watched as his hand slid up from her knee to under her skirt...."

More at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk
Back