Found Deceased CA - Rachel Castillo 25, At Risk, suspicious circumstances, significant blood found in home, Simi Valley, 10 Nov 2022

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1668234565905.png

The Simi Valley Police Department is asking the public for information to help them find a woman reported missing under suspicious circumstances.

Police were dispatched Thursday evening to the home of Rachel Castillo, 25, regarding unusual circumstances. Officers found a significant amount of blood inside but Castillo wasn't there, authorities said Friday morning. The residence is in the 300 block of Country Club Drive.

Police believe Castillo is at risk given the circumstances of her disappearance. She is described as 5 feet, 2 inches tall and 105 pounds. She has brown eyes and hair. Officials don't know what she was wearing at the time she went missing.

Authorities said later Friday that Castillo's family members, including the father of her minor children, were cooperating with the investigation.

The children were not at home at the time of her disappearance and are currently safe with family members, according to police.

Officers did not find any weapons inside the residence. As of 8 p.m. Friday, no crime had yet been determined so police had not identified any suspects or people of interest.

Detectives are following all possible sources of information surrounding the disappearance including social media and other digital data, agency officials said.

There is no known threat to the general public.

Anyone with information about Castillo's whereabouts is asked to call Simi Valley police at 805-583-6950 or 805-583-6961.

Simi Valley Police Facebook:

Additional information from the CBS YT video:

Rachel and her sister share a home. When her sister returned home from work on Thurs, Rachel wasn't there but there was significant blood in several areas of the home. Rachel's car and phone were there. The sister called 911.

Rachel works from home for a non-profit that provides services for victims of domestic violence.

Rachel and her ex share custody of their two children. The ex picked up the children on Thursday morning. He is cooperating with police.

She is not seriously dating anyone.

Last edited:
I didn't notice the bruising at first. I, like Rachel, have very fair skin. A bad night's sleep can make me look like I have a black eye. However, I probably wouldn't be taking my own picture on a day like that. At least not without makeup! I wonder where this photo came from and how recently it was taken.

Does Rachel have any social media?

I've got a bad feeling, obviously, considering there was blood found around the home.

I wonder if her job is connected somehow? She provides services to DV victims? Does she help place them in shelters and help them get protective orders?

According to public records and the location in the media, Rachel lives in an apt/condo. There has got to be ring and security cameras all over the place. No one heard or saw anything? Last seen by dad of the kids at pickup?

I've got a bad feeling, obviously, considering there was blood found around the home.

I wonder if her job is connected somehow? She provides services to DV victims? Does she help place them in shelters and help them get protective orders?
Yep, my first thoughts. Could this be because she helped someone, and their abuser was mad? I would like to know the story behind the picture above, with the black eye. Even her facial expression in the picture. When was it taken and why? Had there been any incidents with the ex?

According to public records and the location in the media, Rachel lives in an apt/condo. There has got to be ring and security cameras all over the place. No one heard or saw anything? Last seen by dad of the kids at pickup?
I agree, there should be cameras and witnesses. Sound carries in apartments, especially to those that surround each other. From the linked news report, her sister (who is her roomate) said there was blood in multiple rooms, so its hard to know where it started. I am assuming by "it" she means a struggle, attack, abduction? It definitely sounds like there was a struggle. Hopefully someone else was home, in another apartment, and heard or saw something. And I pray they have cameras on the buildings. Convenient the kids weren't there, MHO.

Last edited:
I concur. Looks like a photo to document injuries. Praying for this young lady.
Why use that particular photo for missing purposes? Did family supply it to LE or did it perhaps come from a recent police report?

Generally speaking statistics here - the most dangerous time for a woman is when she is leaving/has left - a spouse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniel.braverman@braverla
Back