Identified! CA - Rancho Cucamonga, WhtFem 633UFCA, 15-30, in vineyard, Jun'79 - *GRAPHIC* - Karen Marie Heverly

I think the morgue photo most resembles Wilma Vermaas. The nose appears similar as does the somewhat receding chin(in profile)

If no one has already emailed him, I would be happy to. Just let me know.:)

Appreciating Diamonds.
Snuf

I have been looking throughout the night, off and on for possibles, and haven't found any that aren't already on the list.

I have not submitted the matches. I am not a member of NAMUS and I have never submitted possible matches before. Do you just email the links to the email provided?

Here is the email for Van Norman listed on NAMUS: dvannorman@sbcsd.org

Do you want to send them in Snufo?

I have not submitted the matches. I am not a member of NAMUS and I have never submitted possible matches before. Do you just email the links to the email provided?

Here is the email for Van Norman listed on NAMUS: dvannorman@sbcsd.org

Do you want to send them in Snufo?

Yup- I'd be happy to email him. Since it looks like I'm going to be snowed in, I'll get it sent out to him tonight. :)

Snuf

Thank you, Snufamonbobball (that takes forever to type :)). I would have offered to do it, but you know what you're doing, even more so than me.
Which brings me to an OT question. When you submit matches, do you type out the pertinent info and link, or just case #'s and link?
I type them out and link, but I was wondering if there was a better way? TIA.

Thank you, Snufamonbobball (that takes forever to type :)). I would have offered to do it, but you know what you're doing, even more so than me.
Which brings me to an OT question. When you submit matches, do you type out the pertinent info and link, or just case #'s and link?
I type them out and link, but I was wondering if there was a better way? TIA.

I type the info and link it too. The coroners and LE I've worked with in the past have taught me to keep it simple, I give basic, straight forward information (demographics, date missing or found, location, by what means the person can be identified, and case numbers) the links for extra information, and then the hardest part.....I wait.

Snuf or Snufo works for me! LOL :)

Hi I am new to this but I am wondering if Rose Lena Cole was ever submitted. I noticed someone mentioned her and I think she is worth a try. Her height and weight are close but since her letters indicate that she was living on the streets she may have been thinner. Pictures on her MySpace page show her teeth up close-it is difficult to tell but they look similar to the photos on NamUs. There is a Christmas picture of Rose and her brothers in a video on one of the MySpace pages --I cropped her from this photo and have included a side by side of the medical examiner's sketch. Let me know what you think?

NamUs-https://identifyus.org/cases/2512

NCMEC-
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=706857&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Attachments

• 53512 (Jane Doe #02-79 - DBF 060779) - Photos - 004.jpg
    53512 (Jane Doe #02-79 - DBF 060779) - Photos - 004.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Rose Lena Cole.jpg
    Rose Lena Cole.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Side by Side.jpg
    Side by Side.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 52
Let me know what you think?

This looks like a strong possibility to me.

Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe is a little bit shorter, but it doesn't look like they had Rose's height very well pinned down. Charley Project has her listed at 5'3" to 5'6". RCJD is listed at 5'2".

Here is a better photo of Rose Cole side by side with RCJD (keeping in mind that there is at least a 7 year time difference between photos). I also added in a photoshopped image depicting RCJD with opened eyes and a closed mouth.

cole_rose.jpg53512 (Jane Doe #02-79 - DBF 060779) - Facial Photo.jpg53512 Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe Cropped.jpg

It's hard to tell on the overlapping teeth. Her younger childhood photos don't show an overlap, but if you look closely at her photo above, its possible that her left front tooth very slightly overlaps her right front tooth (although if you blow the photo up, it's too pixelated to tell). If there is an overlap at the age of 14 or 15, it would probably get worse over time as her wisdom teeth came in.

The eyebrows and nose look like a pretty good match. The chin is close. She would have been 23 at the time RCJD was found. - This fits well to RCJD's approximate age.

It appears that she was hanging around the San Francisco Bay area at the time of her disappearance, but it is quite possible that she travelled down to southern California.

Overall, I think it is a good possible and worthy of submission.

i think she looks most like cynthia gooding...everything but the forehead looks the same...wish there was a better pic of her teeth

The more I look at the Rose Cole possibility, the less convinced I am that she is RCJD. While she seems to match up on individual facial features and dimensions (allowing for the probable weight loss that comes with seven years of vagrancy), the overall look just doesn't seem like a match.

I get the opposite sense for Cynthia Gooding. While her overall look seems to resemble RCJD, her individual features and facial dimensions don't look right. Cynthia's face seems narrower, and her cheekbones are less prominent than RCJD (although it may be that they are just hidden behind her long hair), and as you indicated, her forehead looks a little taller.

NCMC843979c1.jpg8425_1160033080995_1232825726_30577641_1560638_n.jpg53512 (Jane Doe #02-79 - DBF 060779) - Facial Photo.jpg53512 Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe Cropped.jpg

Also, with the circumstances of Cynthia Gooding's disappearance, I have trouble placing her alone in a California vinyard nearly five years after she and her friend Teresa Alfonso disappeared from the Florida Keys while on their way to see a movie. I suspect that they murdered shortly after their disappearance, and their bodies dumped in the Gulf of Mexico from the Seven Mile Bridge.

I type the info and link it too. The coroners and LE I've worked with in the past have taught me to keep it simple, I give basic, straight forward information (demographics, date missing or found, location, by what means the person can be identified, and case numbers) the links for extra information, and then the hardest part.....I wait.

Snuf or Snufo works for me! LOL :)
Snufamonbobball, I am so curious about this one. Did you submit the list? I am new at this---how long does it 'usually' take to receive a response. After reading Rose Cole's letters....heartbreaking...she desperately wanted to come home...I am hoping it is her....but will be thrilled if any of these families receive closure. I admire everyone here for the work that they are doing. I can't imagine living with the knowledge that your child is missing...sheer gut wrenching torture. Keep up the great work...and I will do my best to help!

Rose Cole was on the list I posted (#80) for Snufo to submit. Cynthia Gooding is on the list too.

Snufamonbobball, I am so curious about this one. Did you submit the list? I am new at this---how long does it 'usually' take to receive a response. After reading Rose Cole's letters....heartbreaking...she desperately wanted to come home...I am hoping it is her....but will be thrilled if any of these families receive closure. I admire everyone here for the work that they are doing. I can't imagine living with the knowledge that your child is missing...sheer gut wrenching torture. Keep up the great work...and I will do my best to help!

I have submitted the names on our list. I won't have the complete rule out list for a little while more. Mr. Van Norman is a very thorough guy, and he said he wants the list he sends out to be complete. We already know about some of the rule outs, but my instinct tells me there are couple of possible matches that need to be excluded before he sends me the completed list.

Trying to Appreciate Holiday Lines.
Snuf

I've emailed Mr. Van Norman today for an update.

Hello all you patient Sleuthers.

I recieved an email, and all I can say at this time is Paulette Jasper has been ruled out. I can't comment on any other possible matches we submitted because of a confidentiality clause. I have to have permission to give any other specific information.

When I am able to update the list further, I will.

In the mean time, keep this girl in your thoughts.

Snuf

This newly listed MP just showed up in DoeNet:

Sarah Rachel Tokier

tokier_sarah.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2883dfca.html

She kinda reminds me of RCJD.

attachment.php
tokier_sarah.jpg

It's probably not her. Their noses look a little different, There is a 2" height difference and a 1 1/2 year lag.

But they do look similar, don't they?

Ms. Tokier's NamUs profile was uploaded a few days ago. Her investigator is in San Bernadino County (it's Mr. Van Norman's assistant), so I'm sure he's on it.

I do wish I could update the rule out list, as I do have a partial list of rule outs- but I can't right now- because of a confidentiality clause which I would never break. Please try to be patient, waiting is the longest, hardest part.

But keep Ms. Tokier in mind as we roll through cyberspace!! :)

Snuf

All the photos with side by sides are great matches. I tried to pick one that wasnt such a good match to help narrow it but they all looked right...even the eyebrow area. I didnt read the stats, i just did a visual.

A difference in height, but she looks very similar, her front teeth cross and she is from Cali...

The Doe Network:
Case File 2888DFWA

Elaine Marie Robertson
Missing since May 27, 1979 from Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
Dentals: Not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Elaine Robertson lived in San Louis Obispo, California; but in May 1979 (over the Memorial Day weekend)she was vacationing at Mt. Rainer, WA. Elaine Robertson, with her dog, wandered into the Sunshine Point camp ground on a rainy evening, she was not coherent. The next morning Elaine and the dog were gone, though she left all her belongs at the camp site.

Pierce County investigated and an extensive search was done. Elaine's van was located within a mile of the camp site; though, Elaine or the dog has never been found or heard from.

Attachments

• ERobertson.jpg
    ERobertson.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 143

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members