CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok you guys, this is very weird!!!

I took upon the task to look for a picture of Rosie Cole, as suggested in previous message ~ I found pictures ~ Not very nice ones ~ yakkkkk~ Any how, I gave that one up! But I decided to look under Lena's name then under Rose Lena. I click in every hit I got, and found nothing, except take a look at this website:

www.lenarose.com

From Web Site:
"Welcome Stitchers!
Design by LenaRose was formed in Oct of 1998. With love and appreciation of needlework, it helped me to become inspired in creating my own designs. Needlework has been a very big part of my life since 7 years old. My mother Rose shared her wonderful talents in embrodiery and taught me how to thead a needle. . ."

This lady Mother's Name is Rose, her business name is LenaRose. The website lists her phone number so I called her. . .I must have fricked her out. . .I explained who I was and she acted like me when a teller marketer calls . . . I asked if I could ask her some questions, she said "not at this time" and hang up on me.

What's up with that?????

Isa

(ps. I sent her an email, will let you know if she replies)

I always get excited when I see this thread updated and Isabela's name...hoping for news.

This girls last name is Keddie .....is Keddie her maiden name or married I wonder?

She said 'her mom Rose'.....was her mom's name Lena Rose and she was called Rose?

Very interesting.

Wish I had time to start researching the names here....gotta work today! I need to hit the lottery so I can spend all my time on WS ;)

I did some research on the name too. . .there is not much in genealogy or family tree. The name comes as a spouse.

Also, when you look the phone number in anywho.com's reverse look up, it matches her name. If you look at the USSearch.com free preview you get 4 Hits, 2 that indicated her age to be 46.

I know this is a very, very long shot but I have to go for it. . .is too interesting to pass on. . .will let you know. . .hopefully she e-mails me back.

isa

Good luck, Isabela, on following up on this one. LOL over the lady freaking out when you called! She's probably not a missing persons crime buff like all of us!

Prior to the current address in MA, I found this one in Oklahoma. It is the same owner.

LenaRose Stitch & Threads

Hulbert, OK 74441

Shadow205 said:
Prior to the current address in MA, I found this one in Oklahoma. It is the same owner.

LenaRose Stitch & Threads

Hulbert, OK 74441

She has not replied to my e-mail! Do I need to place an order to get her attention???Isa

Has Rose been added to any MP sites yet? I didn't realize the Coles were finally able to get a MP report #. Was that info posted here? I don't know how I missed it.

IsabelaPR said:
She has not replied to my e-mail! Do I need to place an order to get her attention???Isa

Maybe we need to move the webslueths 1st annual get together to Hulbert, OK 74441....

:laugh: :laugh:
christine2448 said:
Maybe we need to move the webslueths 1st annual get together to Hulbert, OK 74441....
Good idea Christine!

Hey Wondering! This Rosie Cole is a brunette. Look at this picture on the Theatre of fools link. Lloyd B. teaches performance art at the City of Lakes school in Mpls. How did you determine that they are married? He is 50 years old, around the age that Rose would be now. http://www.theatreoffools.com/press_for_fools.htm

I haven't been through the whole thread, but has anyone seen this picture of Rose Cole

Museum_03139.jpg

Mrs_Norwood,

Yes, that is the most recent picture that we have of Rose. It is beleived to have been taken not long before Rose was sent to Synanon.

Niteowl said:
Hey Wondering! This Rosie Cole is a brunette. Look at this picture on the Theatre of fools link. Lloyd B. teaches performance art at the City of Lakes school in Mpls. How did you determine that they are married? He is 50 years old, around the age that Rose would be now. http://www.theatreoffools.com/press_for_fools.htm
I am confused (it's not hard to do to me). Is the connection just the name "Rosie Cole"? It is difficult with all of the clown makeup, but the woman doesn't resemble the pictures we have of Rose , IMHO.

Shadow205 said:
Mrs_Norwood,

Yes, that is the most recent picture that we have of Rose. It is beleived to have been taken not long before Rose was sent to Synanon.
By the way, my name is Shelli. Ok, I went through most of the thread and found the picture. I found the picture on the Synanon website in the Synanon museum area. How would they have obtained Rose's picture ? There's also a post in the guestbook about Rose from a George Farnsworth...not sure if he's a member here. It looks like he's the webmaster of the website/guestbook so any info. he obtains might not be truthfully told to those who need to hear it, like Rose's family.

Mrs_Norwood said:
By the way, my name is Shelli. Ok, I went through most of the thread and found the picture. I found the picture on the Synanon website in the Synanon museum area. How would they have obtained Rose's picture ? There's also a post in the guestbook about Rose from a George Farnsworth...not sure if he's a member here. It looks like he's the webmaster of the website/guestbook so any info. he obtains might not be truthfully told to those who need to hear it, like Rose's family.
Hiya Shelly, synanon posted that stuff for us...we have been incontact with George and other members there and some agreed to post her stuff and try to help us, also, if I remember correctly, Isabel, who is related to Rose, was able to post...but I may be mistaken. Anyhow...just so you understand how they have info and pictures of her, she got them from family and Wsers.

christine2448 said:
Hiya Shelly, synanon posted that stuff for us...we have been incontact with George and other members there and some agreed to post her stuff and try to help us, also, if I remember correctly, Isabel, who is related to Rose, was able to post...but I may be mistaken. Anyhow...just so you understand how they have info and pictures of her, she got them from family and Wsers.
Oh ok, I read about Isabel, but wasn't sure what the buzz was about her. I found this searching today. The info may not be accurate and I don't think any of the ages matched Rose's, but here goes. For some reason, the link wouldn't show so just type Rose L or Lena Cole. I tried several combinations with different results. Too bad you have to subscribe to see more info.

http://www.usa-people-search.com

Shelli, did you see other areas of the Synanon site or just the museum? What did George say about Rose?

ItreenW,

Here is the link to Rose's picture at the Synanon museum site.

http://www.synanon.org/Synanon/Museum/PhotoDB.cfm?PID=3139

This is the caption under the picture:

A number of people are trying to locate Rose Cole, who was in Synanon in 1972. She worked in the Oakland kitchen with a peer called "Ruth." If you know her please contact us. -- about 1972

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member