Identified! CA - Sacramento, WhtFem 142UFCA, 18-31, off I-5, Oct'81 - Lilly Ann Prendergast

Announcement on Sacramento police FB page:

123073628_2003923939744784_4267730670056411275_o.jpg

**PUBLIC ASSISTANCE NEEDED**
LILLY ANN PRENDERGAST COLD CASE HOMICIDE

On October 27, 1981, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office responded to the shoulder of Interstate 5, just south of the Freeport Boulevard overpass, where the skeletal remains of an adult female had been discovered. At the time, the remains were determined to be those of a Caucasian, female, between the ages of 25 and 35 years of age. She would have stood approximately 5-5 inches tall and had long brown hair. Despite the cause of death being undetermined due to the interval between her death and discovery, A tattoo was noted on her right upper buttock; that of a small red flower with two green leaves and stem.

The Sacramento Sheriff’s Office made multiple attempts over the past four decades to identify this subject, including a facial reconstruction, multiple media releases, entering the case into the National Missing Persons Database (NamUs), as well as submitting a DNA profile to the state and national Missing Persons DNA Database. However none of these efforts led to an identification.

In February of 2020, the Sacramento Sheriff’s Office was notified of a match to familial DNA references submitted to the FBI in 2019. This individual was subsequently identified as Lilly Ann PRENDERGAST, date of birth 04/04/1955.
According to family members Prendergast was last seen leaving her family’s residence in Dallas, Texas sometime in late 1980. She was known to hitchhike and has ties and/or family members in Ohio, Florida, Georgia, and Texas.

If anyone recognizes this person or has any information regarding her disappearance, you are urged to contact the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office at (916) 874-TIPS (8477), or visit www.sacsheriff.com to submit a tip.

Link with comments - Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office

I've always found the location of were the body was found to be very vague. Now that the Sacramento Sheriffs Office has said that she was found "just south of the Freeport Boulevard overpass" on I-5 I have a better understanding of the location.

I live about 3 miles from there.

VICTIM - LILY ANN PRENDERGAST - SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA — FBI

FBI page for Lily.
dump_1.gif

Details:
On October 27, 1981, skeletal remains of a white female adult were discovered on the side of Interstate 5 in Sacramento County, California. Authorities determined the victim had been killed one to five months prior; however, she remained unidentified for almost 40 years.

In February 2020, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office was notified of a DNA match to familial reference samples identifying this subject as Lily Ann PRENDERGAST, originally from Ohio. According to family, Lily was last seen leaving her parents’ home in Dallas, Texas, after an argument sometime in late 1980. Lily was never heard from again. Lily has connections and/or family in Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and Texas. She was known to hitchhike.

Lily Prendergast’s homicide is still unsolved. Anyone with information regarding Prendergast or this case is urged to contact the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office.

Wow, finally....thank you for sharing. RIP Lily.

Lily Prendergast, what a beautiful name. Thank goodness! I'm happy that she is identified! I'm overjoyed. Gone but definitely never forgotten. Rest in peace Lilly.

I checked to see how close my recon was to Lilly's picture. I'm really proud to say I see a resemblance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-223242~2.png
    Screenshot_20201028-223242~2.png
    370.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20201028_223425.jpg
    IMG_20201028_223425.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Case #81-01820​

• Race: White
  • Estimated Age: Unknown
  • Height: 5’ 1"
  • Weight: 100 -110 lbs.
  • Eyes: Unknown
  • Hair: Dark, blondish-brown (probably frosted or partially bleached) wavy shoulder length.
  • Date Found: 10/27/1981
  • Date of Death: Unknown
  • Case Information: This young woman was found adjacent to the roadway of Interstate 5, approximately 2.5 miles South of Pocket Road.
  • Scars-Marks-Tattoos: A rose tattoo
  • Clothing: Wearing red panties. Clothing and a shoe were found in the vicinity.
  • Jewelry: None
  • Other Distinguishing Characteristics: Her skeletal remains show that she was petite and had a congenital defect of a 3/8" hole in one end of her sternum bone. Dental reports state that her teeth were in good repair, that she had 4 fillings on the lower jaw, that her front left incisor overlapped the bicuspid slightly, and that she probably smoked. Anthropology reports state that she may have had dark skin and been right handed. A tie tack in the shape of a cocktail glass was found under her.
  • Sketch: Yes
  • Identified: No
  • Identification:
  • Attachments:
20230427_121348.jpg

Attachments

• 81-1820-C.jpg
    81-1820-C.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 81-1820-F.jpg
    81-1820-F.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 4