CA - Sam Haskell, 35, arrested after woman's torso found in a trash bin in Encino LA, Tarzana, wife & two adult family members missing, 8 Nov 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Police said they arrested 35-year-old Sam Haskell on suspicion of murder after officers found him at a mall in Topanga on Wednesday.

While the body is so dismembered police say it cannot be formally identified, police said that three people who lived with the suspect at a house in the nearby Tarzana neighborhood are missing.

They are his wife Mei Haskell; her 72-year-old father Gaoshan Li, and her 64-year-old mother YanXiang Wang, NBC Los Angeles reported.

The Missing Trio​

Mei Haskell​

Mei Haskell, the wife of the suspect, is among the missing. The connection between Mei and the victim, if any, is yet to be uncovered.

Gaoshan Li​

Gaoshan Li, Mei’s 72-year-old father, is also missing. His white Volkswagen Tiguan, known to be his mode of transportation, is conspicuously absent from its usual parking spot.

YanXiang Wang​

YanXiang Wang, Mei’s 64-year-old mother, completes the trio of missing persons. The investigation seeks to unveil any possible links between the suspect and these individuals.

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) said that parts of a human body were discovered by a homeless person in a parking lot near Ventura Boulevard and Rubio Avenue Wednesday morning, NBC Los Angeles, KTLA and KABC-TV.

“When the officers responded they discovered a dismembered female wrapped in a plastic bag. It was just outside the dumpster, they confirmed that it was human remains,” LAPD Detective Efren Gutierrez said in a press conference, per NBC Los Angeles.

Authorities said the body was so dismembered that they were unable to identify the person, per NBC News. However, KTLA reported that they were able to determine that the dismembered body was murdered in the past few days.
L.A. Man Whose Wife Is Missing Arrested After Woman's Torso Found in a Dumpster

77599765-12729227-image-a-3_1699526785672.jpg

Cops have arrested a husband after finding a woman's torso in a plastic bag tossed into a parking lot dumpster near a family restaurant and nail salon.

Samuel Haskell, who lives in Tarzana, LA, just five miles from where the human remains were discovered, was arrested around 11am yesterday and is being held on $2 million bail, abc7 reports. He has been charged with one count of murder.

Haskell's wife, Mei Haskell, and her parents Yanxiang Wang and Gaoshen Li are missing and all three were living in the Tarzana home with the suspect.
[snip]
After reviewing CCTV footage of the area, police said they were pointed to Haskell's house in the 4100 block of Coldstream Terrace in Tarzana, about five miles from where the torso was dumped, according to the LA Times.

Haskell lived at the home with his wife, her parents and the couple's three children.

The children were located in school yesterday and were handed over to the Department of Children and Family Services.
Cops arrest husband after finding woman's torso in plastic bag

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) said that parts of a human body were discovered by a homeless person in a parking lot near Ventura Boulevard and Rubio Avenue Wednesday morning, NBC Los Angeles, KTLA and KABC-TV.

“When the officers responded they discovered a dismembered female wrapped in a plastic bag. It was just outside the dumpster, they confirmed that it was human remains,” LAPD Detective Efren Gutierrez said in a press conference, per NBC Los Angeles.

Authorities said the body was so dismembered that they were unable to identify the person, per NBC News. However, KTLA reported that they were able to determine that the dismembered body was murdered in the past few days.
L.A. Man Whose Wife Is Missing Arrested After Woman's Torso Found in a Dumpster

77599765-12729227-image-a-3_1699526785672.jpg

Cops have arrested a husband after finding a woman's torso in a plastic bag tossed into a parking lot dumpster near a family restaurant and nail salon.

Samuel Haskell, who lives in Tarzana, LA, just five miles from where the human remains were discovered, was arrested around 11am yesterday and is being held on $2 million bail, abc7 reports. He has been charged with one count of murder.

Haskell's wife, Mei Haskell, and her parents Yanxiang Wang and Gaoshen Li are missing and all three were living in the Tarzana home with the suspect.
[snip]
After reviewing CCTV footage of the area, police said they were pointed to Haskell's house in the 4100 block of Coldstream Terrace in Tarzana, about five miles from where the torso was dumped, according to the LA Times.

Haskell lived at the home with his wife, her parents and the couple's three children.

The children were located in school yesterday and were handed over to the Department of Children and Family Services.
Cops arrest husband after finding woman's torso in plastic bag
Oh, man.

At least the kids are alive, but my word, otherwise, how unrelentingly awful.

What in the world went so wrong.

MOO

This is close to home. Very scary and tragic.

Samuel Haskell the 4th is the arrestee. His father is a very prominent Hollywood agent and philanthropist. This will shake up a lot of Hollywood bigwigs.

This is close to home. Very scary and tragic.

Samuel Haskell the 4th is the arrestee. His father is a very prominent Hollywood agent and philanthropist. This will shake up a lot of Hollywood bigwigs.

I used to live in the area too!
Question - was she found in Encino? Thought I read that somewhere. I have Tarzana in my notes. TIA!

found it - she was found in Encino... used to live there & know the corner they are talking about!!

I used to live in the area too!
Question - was she found in Encino? Thought I read that somewhere. I have Tarzana in my notes. TIA!
Yes, weird, gruesome story.

About 7:30 am a neighbour in Tarzana on 4100 block of Coldstream Terrace, called 911 to say they saw a bag of body parts----police arrive on scene and found nothing....

later that day, in Encino, on Ventura Blvd and Rubio [by the NORMS restaurant] ----a call came in about a bag near the dumpster with a woman's torso inside

so they went back to the Tarzana home and no one was there but they did find a bloody crime scene but no bodies

The 3 young children were found safely in school but their mother and grandparents were missing

Dad was arrested at the Topanga Mall---I don't know what he was doing there---maybe he worked there? Or they tracked his phone there?

found it - she was found in Encino... used to live there & know the corner they are talking about!!
The suspects father is a big Hollywood agent/producer and also lives in Encino. The suspect grew up in Encino.

Haskell is being held in lieu of $2-million bail.

Court records show that in December 2008, Haskell was arrested and charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon. He pleaded no contest to battery and was placed on three years’ probation in 2010.

Records show that Haskell is the son of Sam Haskell, the former executive vice president and worldwide head of television for the William Morris Endeavor Agency. The elder Haskell, who retired from WME in 2005, represented a slew of A-list stars and is still listed as head of Magnolia Hill Productions, which has produced several Dolly Parton specials

Last edited:
Can't get to to the court info without an account but inmate locator suggests he has a court date on the 13th at 8:30

Court
Next Court Code M105
Next Court Date 11/13/2023
Next Court Time 0830
Next Court Case 9999999999
Court Name VAN NUYS MUNI CT DIV 105
Court Address 14400 ERWIN STREET MALL
Court City VAN NUYSUPT
Portal Home - Inmate Information Center

The authorities allege that Samuel slaughtered and dismembered Mei sometime over the previous few days at the family residence, where blood was discovered as well as undisclosed evidence that seemed to link Samuel to the killing — or that, at the very least, doesn't look good for the 35-year-old.

Investigators have continued to rummage through the home as they search for more clues and try to positively identify the body and find Mei and her parents.
Woman's torso found in bag in car park bin with suspect's wife still missing

The authorities allege that Samuel slaughtered and dismembered Mei sometime over the previous few days at the family residence, where blood was discovered as well as undisclosed evidence that seemed to link Samuel to the killing — or that, at the very least, doesn't look good for the 35-year-old.

Investigators have continued to rummage through the home as they search for more clues and try to positively identify the body and find Mei and her parents.

I know the article mentions three children taken into custody while they were at school because of his arrest.

I wonder if the children were exposed to whatever horrors happened? (Sounds like he had a prior assault arrest so maybe DV was part of life in the household, but I sure hope not.) And where is the remainder of Mei (if it is her) & her parents? This is just horrifying. Imo.

Linking SH to the killings could possibly be cuts on hands/arms/body while he was doing his dirty work.
My hope it is for bruises and fingernail scratches as Mei fought for her everything.

Can't get to to the court info without an account but inmate locator suggests he has a court date on the 13th at 8:30

Court
Next Court Code M105
Next Court Date 11/13/2023
Next Court Time 0830
Next Court Case 9999999999
Court Name VAN NUYS MUNI CT DIV 105
Court Address 14400 ERWIN STREET MALL
Court City VAN NUYSUPT
Portal Home - Inmate Information Center

Thanks for that info! :)

Has anyone seen how old Mei is? I have not seen anything about her age in any of the articles. TIA if someone can find that!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back