CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... based on the length of the shadow in the surveillance clip, approx. what time do you think this recording took place??

Thank you,
Soulscape
At least an hour later, imo. I'm wondering if somehow they didn't reset the time correctly when DST started? I wish it were sunny today so I could've gone outside and noticed the shadows.

At least an hour later, imo. I'm wondering if somehow they didn't reset the time correctly when DST started? I wish it were sunny today so I could've gone outside and noticed the shadows.

That is a very good possibility. It makes sense if they did not set the time ahead. Good point!

I need to look up last night's posts where someone (?) posted they determined the camera was probably from #61 due to certain things she saw..I will try to fnd that post now.

Found it..Post #416 on pg 17..Take a look & see what you think!.

It wasn't until later it was pointed out there were 2 cameras on Sandra's house but even so I still think there's enough reason to believe she wasn't able to turn to look over at her OWN house #63 (by looking at the video & the stills posted here) IF we are to also believe at that moment she was called over by someone & then got into a car with them.

That's the MAIN point I've been trying to make if that makes any sense? :)

Respectfully snipped by me.

I think I understand what you're saying, though in the next "frame" her hand appears to be close to that same position, as if she were holding onto something or otherwise had a reason to keep her hand up there.

Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there - this video breaks my heart and I'm poring over it again and again.

Do you suppose she might be holding a cell phone briefly to her ear? Someone could have called her on it and that's why she changed her direction. On the other hand, a cell phone would have been a huge clue in finding her, and nobody's mentioned anything about that.

Gulp. I have caused some confusion here by mislabeling the map I made. :bang:

Number 61 is two houses south of #63, instead of being two houses north. The house the video came from is #63, Sandra's house.

Here's picure of #61, and you can verify it on a bird's eye view.
listing_photo_0_396825_362x300___tmb.jpg

(Link to real estate ad for 61) http://www.fizber.com/california/buy-single-family-home-396825.html

So, here are the two homes in relation to Sandra's video route:
canturoute-1.jpg

I can't tell you how sorry I am!!

Gulp. I have caused some confusion here by mislabeling the map I made. :bang:

Number 61 is two houses south of #63, instead of being two houses north. The house the video came from is #63, Sandra's house.

Here's picure of #61, and you can verify it on a bird's eye view.
listing_photo_0_396825_362x300___tmb.jpg

(Link to real estate ad for 61) http://www.fizber.com/california/buy-single-family-home-396825.html

So, here are the two homes in relation to Sandra's video route:
canturoute-1.jpg

I can't tell you how sorry I am!!

Don't be sorry! Now I know she did LOOK over at her own house & that's all that counts! :)

Don't be sorry! Now I know she did LOOK over at her own house & that's all that counts! :)

Hi, It appears the carport is on the wrong side of the home if that is really 63. The photo shows it on the right side.

IIRC, LE said that she came home from her friend's house for ~5mins. and then left.

So, did she come home after this video or before?

Ok, well, assuming there is a backpack with her..why would police/her mother/etc. lie and/or not disclose this information?

Well to answer your question with a question...:waitasec:

Doesn't FBI and LE sometimes intentionally with hold telling the whole story or evidence collected...even giving a false report to the media.... in an attempt to further draw out POI or Suspect/s???
-riddlez :confused:

Do you suppose she might be holding a cell phone briefly to her ear? Someone could have called her on it and that's why she changed her direction. On the other hand, a cell phone would have been a huge clue in finding her, and nobody's mentioned anything about that.

I heard an interview with her mom and her mom said she didn't have a cell phone.

Good question Daisy. I don't know :(

That is what is confusing about this tape. The way I understand it, here is what happened:

Sandra came home from school and asked permission to go to her friends house. Mom said yes, Sandra went to the 5-year old's house, played, colored, watched part of a movie then said she had homework and went home.

While Sandra was home, she talked to her siblings about going to the movies and a bible study. Sandra did not have enough money to go to the movies. Sandra left her house to go play. Mom has said she did not see Sandra while she was home at this time.

The video shows Sandra coming from the clubhouse area, heading towards her house. Before release of this video, LE has said the video shows Sandra LEAVING her house. BUT if that were the case, we would be seeing Sandra's back, walking away NOT her front, approaching.

I don't think this is the last video picture as was originally proclaimed. I'm beginning to think this video has either been edited or is not the last video. I think this video actually shows Sandra coming back from her friend's house. Maybe Sandra stopped to talk to someone, then went in her house and LE actually has a tape of Sandra leaving after this tape?

Its confusing and does not fit the timeline as we know it. :(

In my opinion of course,

Salem

Hi, It appears the carport is on the wrong side of the home if that is really 63. The photo shows it on the right side.

No, it's not on the wrong side. It's on the left side as you look at the house on #63. On #61 -- the picture I posted below -- the carport is on the right as you look at the house. (I posted the picture of #61 so you'd see that #61 was not Sandra's house, not the house with the video camera.)

Good question Daisy. I don't know :(

That is what is confusing about this tape. The way I understand it, here is what happened:

Sandra came home from school and asked permission to go to her friends house. Mom said yes, Sandra went to the 5-year old's house, played, colored, watched part of a movie then said she had homework and went home.

While Sandra was home, she talked to her siblings about going to the movies and a bible study. Sandra did not have enough money to go to the movies. Sandra left her house to go play. Mom has said she did not see Sandra while she was home at this time.

The video shows Sandra coming from the clubhouse area, heading towards her house. Before release of this video, LE has said the video shows Sandra LEAVING her house. BUT if that were the case, we would be seeing Sandra's back, walking away NOT her front, approaching.

I don't think this is the last video picture as was originally proclaimed. I'm beginning to think this video has either been edited or is not the last video. I think this video actually shows Sandra coming back from her friend's house. Maybe Sandra stopped to talk to someone, then went in her house and LE actually has a tape of Sandra leaving after this tape?

Its confusing and does not fit the timeline as we know it. :(

In my opinion of course,

Salem
A few things I'm wondering about. When did Sandra usually have dinner? How far was the church (bible study) from the house? Did she normally go there alone? I still think there's something odd about not noticing her missing until 8pm ~ well after it gets dark.

Volunteer effort will continue. No new search warrants - still talking to someone they previously talked to. Searches slowing down. still looking at a lot of people. Investigation is stronger now then on Tues/Wed. Video has not generated what they LE were looking for! Sounds like FBI is still trying to determine if backpack issue? Perception that nothing is being developed is primarily because he can not tell us what is being developed. working on several different things. Significant change in something - but couldn't hear the question UGGGHHHH!!!!!

And we're done!

Salem

A few things I'm wondering about. When did Sandra usually have dinner? How far was the church (bible study) from the house? Did she normally go there alone? I still think there's something odd about not noticing her missing until 8pm ~ well after it gets dark.

I can't answer most of your questions panthera. I don't believe she went to the bible study on her own. It sounded like the bible study/movie was a package deal, but I don't really know. The info came from an early press release, probably located in the 1st thread.

If she generally ate dinner around 7:00 p.m., then mom took 45 mins to an hour to look for her before calling police, I don't think that would be real odd. It sounds as if Sandra knew a lot of people in the park, so it might have taken some time to determine she was not where they thought she was and then check with others.

Salem

I can't answer most of your questions panthera. I don't believe she went to the bible study on her own. It sounded like the bible study/movie was a package deal, but I don't really know. The info came from an early press release, probably located in the 1st thread.

If she generally ate dinner around 7:00 p.m., then mom took 45 mins to an hour to look for her before calling police, I don't think that would be real odd. It sounds as if Sandra knew a lot of people in the park, so it might have taken some time to determine she was not where they thought she was and then check with others.

Salem
Thanks for clarifying the dinner time. I'd lost track of when that was and how long her mom looked for her before calling 911. So it seems she was due back home before dark. :)

There's going to be something about Sandra on Fox News this hour...just a recap & update, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny