CA CA - Shawn Hale, 19, Apple Valley, 4 Nov 1994

14192032_1749787188628123_8761561555595985806_n-shawn-9-1-1601.jpg

New pictures I believe to be Shawn. This is the Mexico Homeless man. I provided them to the detective who is working Shawn's Case. They are contacting the American Consul in Mexico -requesting fingerprints.

I think he looks older than 30 closer to his 40s in some of these pictures. And could sun lighten his hair. Even my hair gets lighter if I'm in the sun all the time. Do you know if they asked him if his name was Shawn? Wallace could be something he made up after others asked him for his name. I found with my grandma with dementia would not remember names if you asked her for one. Example what is your grandma's name? She would not know. But when you asked her who Sophie was she knew it was her grandma.

Is there anyway that you or a family member can get to Mexico and meet this Homeless man in person? Not sure if I'm allowed to suggest this but I will. If they delete this part We will figure it out from there. Many people now a days start Go Fund me pages for things like this. Maybe then if money is an issue for travel you could have a start somewhere. Maybe the Consulate will help you find him so you don't have to look all over spending weeks and months locating him.

Wonder how we can get an artist rendering of what Shawn may look like 22 years later.

I was looking to see if there are any "Wallace's" missing and there is one. However I just don't know if he looks like this man in Mexico. He would also be in his 40's. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wallace_michael.html

another Wallace is a Jacob but he has two tattoos on his face. So it couldn't be him.

also Looking4Shawn, You mentioned having other pictures of Shawn. Is there any way for you to post those here. I think it is always helpful seeing more than one, especially if you have some of his profile maybe. or a smiling, shaved, Etc..

I was trying to lighten up the dark picture of this homeless man when he was smiling. I have posted it below.
attachment.php

I have more pictures of the "Man in Mexico" Unfortunately Shawn's mom was a "hippie" All her kids were taken by Child Protection Services. There are no pictures of Shawn as a young boy or as an adult. Shawn and Micah were not home when C.P.S. came. So they lived on the streets or with friends. I contacted the one woman who Shawn stayed with. She refused to provide me pictures, for unknown reasons. She is ill and on medication compounding the situation, I am a stranger to her. Perhaps that is the reason for her hesitation?
Shawn had messed up teeth. He had two rows of teeth on the top of his mouth. I contacted the detective in Apple Valley again. He just keeps saying they are pushing for the Consulate to obtain fingerprints. I am ready to call NAMUS again. They are the agency who lit the fire under the Apple Valley Detective.

Wonder how we can get an artist rendering of what Shawn may look like 22 years later.

Who could we contact to request that? The Apple Valley detective? It is so frustrating.. All that is needed to answer so many questions: The Consulate in Mexico, provides this man a Cola, watch him take a couple drinks. Then take that can and give him another. Now you have DNA. This could provide answers. Someones family will be reunited with their missing love one! I am so angry everyone is dragging their feet.

I am actually thinking about it. Micah cannot make it. He cannot get a passport. If it is Shawn he will not know me. I do know all his family though. I have pictures of his mom and siblings. I could maybe help him. Micah was really close to Shawn. I need him to go with me. I have spoken to him. We are discussing options.

I asked the same question of my contact at the Consulate's office. He never answered me. I asked for the number to the woman who owns the store where this man frequents. They have yet to provide that either.

Someone provided me a still picture of the man in the video. I was able to obtain a picture of Shawns mom and dad. Luckily both the pictures show the men with their eyes closed. Let me know what you think. Please. I am not good with picture importing or modifying. The pictures will import as they are. To me, both men look alike. I am trying to place the picture of the man in the blanket next to the picture of Shawns father and mother. It is not working UGH!
Micah-dad.png

Attachments

• shawnhale n homelessman.jpg
    shawnhale n homelessman.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 100
I think Shawn could be a possibility. But even if not Shawn maybe some other family looking for a loved one. This person may not remember who he is, and could benefit from them taking DNA or fingerprints. Even a good picture of his teeth may help someone recognize him. Also do you know the name of the store at least that he frequents? Maybe we can find a telephone number online for it.

I put this together for you Its Shawns Dad and the homeless man with his eyes closed.
attachment.php

Shawn has been missing for 22 years this month. Hoping for answers soon. Thinking of all of his loved ones.

I just read in another thread about obviously non-American homeless men in Mexico, and I came across information about the man that was also mentioned in this thread:

https://missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/12/05/missing-men-in-mexico-do-you-recognize-them/
[Picture of him] This man has since passed away in Oct. 2016.

Sadly, during the research into whether the man pictured above was actually Carl [Wiegand] or not it was found that the man was killed by a car while he was standing in the street.

First time I heard about it. So sad.

Bumping for Shawn! Any one hear any news from family who was trying to find out if the American Homeless guy in Mexico was Shawn or not. Story is homeless guy has since passed away but has anyone been able to get a sample of DNA to compare against Shawn Or any one else that is missing? Both sad stories. Hope Shawn and family have some answers soon.

Just saw in another thread (UID Trabuco Canyon) that Shawn's NamUs profile shows "Permission Error - Case Access Denied" now.

Just saw in another thread (UID Trabuco Canyon) that Shawn's NamUs profile shows "Permission Error - Case Access Denied" now.

I wonder if that has something to do with Namus itself or his case. I cannot seem to open the findthemissing.org site today. And opening identifyus.org opens but its all discombobulated.

interesting tho. If it is case access denied for just his case, do you have any idea why they would do that?

Has anyone tried contacting the OP as she put a email in her original message. Maybe she doesn't look here anymore because he has been identified or found. From my understanding when NamUs has that kind of permission error, it usually means they have been found.

I got the missings site to open but there is no shawn hale listed now. When i put in his namus number manually it does come up access denied.
attachment.php

Wonder whats going on. Maybe they found him?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel
Back