Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
I found it odd that he would say that. She had earbuds in her ears so obviously her awareness regarding her surroundings would have been diminished.

And whether she's tough or not, a big strong guy could still easily overpower her.

I am still reminded of Sierah Joughin. I think the cases are very similar. I still believe she was abducted and is either held somewhere or is already deceased.

Obviously she can be overpowered by a strong male. She's tiny. I wonder if he believes there was more than one perp because there isn't much evidence of a struggle? No evidence of foul play. No blood etc. He probably believes there would be more signs that she put up a fight. He's also trying to convince LE that she didn't leave voluntarily. I understand why he said what he did. If someone took my wife (though I have a husband) I wouldn't be thinking about political correctness. I'd be calling them low lives and a lot of other negative things as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if he hit her with his car to incapacitate her, which is a common MO?

On the other hand, what if she jogged with concealed carry? There was some stuff on her pinterest about CC. That might be where his confidence is coming from, and he doesn't want to say so.

CC would sure make self-harm easy.

I think he probably just meant she'd put up a mighty big fight if some tried to grab her. Maybe he's overestimating her ability, maybe not.

gitana, that was some serious sheeit. I agree with all, except maybe the knife. I would be afraid it could be used against me. Nonetheless, I loved your post and your advice is sage.

My SO doesn't understand why I'm so aggressive and combative when my space is threatened. I didn't either until I just read your post. It's natural to some extent I think. I have learned that I don't have to be nice if a situation feels sketchy. And I make no apologies for it. Thank you. Your post was very meaningful.

What if he hit her with his car to incapacitate her, which is a common MO?

On the other hand, what if she jogged with concealed carry? There was some stuff on her pinterest about CC. That might be where his confidence is coming from, and he doesn't want to say so.

CC would sure make self-harm easy.

I think we discussed this earlier and it was said that she didn't have her gun with her.

Would someone kindly point me to a link that confirms LE have surveillance footage or verification from witnesses who are 100% sure they saw her that morning/day? I thought I read that neighbors verified they'd seen her that day, but I can't find it and now am wondering. TIA.

There is on sightings. No surveillance. And one of the sightings were tree cutters. Who knows if it was even her?

I think he probably just meant she'd put up a mighty big fight if some tried to grab her. Maybe he's overestimating her ability, maybe not.

Agreed. He really seems to think highly of her in every area.

Obviously she can be overpowered by a strong male. She's tiny. I wonder if he believes there was more than one perp because there isn't much evidence of a struggle? No evidence of foul play. No blood etc. He probably believes there would be more signs that she put up a fight. He's also trying to convince LE that she didn't leave voluntarily. I understand why he said what he did. If someone took my wife (though I have a husband) I wouldn't be thinking about political correctness. I'd be calling them low lives and a lot of other negative things as well.

I'm starting to think the three masked men really might have something to do with this.

I've just made it through this entire thread in one sitting and I'm so confused! Of course, I'll keep a look out, but is this really an abduction?

Why does a half-wrapped present already have a name tag on it?

What does the Lt. mean by the word "physical" in the following statement: “Sheriff’s Office detectives have confirmed his whereabouts on the day in question, and there is no physical evidence at this time suggesting he had any involvement.”? I mean, he could have said "no evidence" and left out the specific type (physical) and left out the "at this time" but he didn't. Why? I understand the husband is not to be considered suspect, so just take that as one of the observations that leave me questioning an abduction.

Why are all the pics of her that have been given to LE so perfect? It's like someone selected the absolute best looking pics because they knew they would be seen on local and maybe national tv, when I am almost certain LE has asked for different types of pics. Where are they? And I don't mean that half-nude photobucket pic she took of herself. FWIW, source code shows she copied that pic to the website in 2007.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm having a hard time taking this case at face value.

I don't mean to laugh, but I completely understand your questioning of a half-wrapped present addressed to someone. I can't figure out what that looks like either.

I'm not saying the husband had anything to do with it, but I do wonder if LE is giving him a long leash (saying he passed a poly regardless) so that he will continue to be cooperative as they gather further evidence.

I don't mean to laugh, but I completely understand your questioning of a half-wrapped present addressed to someone. I can't figure out what that looks like either.

I'm not saying the husband had anything to do with it, but I do wonder if LE is giving him a long leash (saying he passed a poly regardless) so that he will continue to be cooperative as they gather further evidence.

Maybe it was a gift bag with a hanging tag. Maybe the tag was signed but the pillow was out and the bag had tissue paper in it. Or maybe the other way around.

Did you read the whole interview? He has major faith in his wife. In other words it seems like he thinks she's a pretty tough woman. He said she's very alert and aware of her surroundings. I think he believes she could hold her own against one person. IMO.

She was wearing earbuds. You cannot be very alert and aware of your surroundings while wearing earbuds or otherwise being distracted.

There is not one piece of evidence that an abduction occurred.

She might have thrown her phone down, ran far off into the bushes (there's a trailhead right there), and shot herself. How can you say she didn't?

There are 3 times more suicides than homicides.

10% of suicides have absolutely no prior warning.
They often made future plans.
They often abandon young children.
They often seem totally happy.
Their families often refuse to believe it.

A snatching off a fairly busy street in broad daylight is not a typical occurrence, either.

Again, I'm not saying it's suicide. However, there is simply no evidence one way or the other at this point.

Finding her earbuds on the side of the road, with strands of hair attached, coupled with a sudden disappearance while witnesses saw her jogging, with no signs of any depression, hopelessness, absolutely = an indication that there was an abduction. Better evidence than we've had in most abduction cases. But please show me where I said she didn't harm herself? Read again. Not what I said. We just have zero evidence to support that theory at this time and we do have some to support an abduction.

Further, while some people who commit suicide do not show warning signs, many of those have sudden changes in their lives before hand, like job loss, divorce, diagnosis. We know nothing about that here.

I don;t know what happened to this lady. I'm open to the stress theory and it should be looked at. But I'm sure though that LR is investigating every angle. Thoroughly. They will come up with something. Can anyone update me on any searches?

She was wearing earbuds. You cannot be very alert and aware of your surroundings while wearing earbuds or otherwise being distracted.

We don't know that. And even if we knew she was wearing them we have no idea if she was listening to anything or just had them in in case she got a call or something.

I am sorry...but there's no way. We see cases all the time of women who are abducted by one predator. What makes Sherri stronger than them? Is she a bodybuilder? How is she physically stronger than a man who wants to do her harm? What if he has a weapon? What if he hits her with his car first? What if he has a rag of chloroform? What if he threatens to kill her children? I think it is total BS that one person wouldn't be able to abduct Sherri.
Just to clarify, chloroform actually takes several minutes to incapacitate someone.

(Deleted my previous response to this, as it was maybe a little too blunt.)

I'll just keep it short:

10% of suicides have no warning signs. The long list of warning signs simply does not apply in 10% of cases.

Suicides happen 3 times more often than homicides.

There is nothing we know, so far, that allows us to determine whether this was voluntary or not.

Police just said that they are still trying to make that determination.

The fact that he voluntarily took 2 lie detector tests helps me believe he has nothing to hide. Doesn't seem like sociopath. I feel bad for doubting him now.

I don't think he's involved. I dont think it was suicide either. She was on Pinterest the night before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What a strange case.

The few reports I have read were very vague on information about Sherri and what she was like as a person. Anyone have more information?

gitana, that was some serious sheeit. I agree with all, except maybe the knife. I would be afraid it could be used against me. Nonetheless, I loved your post and your advice is sage.

My SO doesn't understand why I'm so aggressive and combative when my space is threatened. I didn't either until I just read your post. It's natural to some extent I think. I have learned that I don't have to be nice if a situation feels sketchy. And I make no apologies for it. Thank you. Your post was very meaningful.

Sadly, it;s not that natural for women. We are socialized to be polite, compliant, helpful and give up space.

Many authors have pointed to the tendency to socialize girls as weak and passive and boys as strong and aggressive. Many women are still raised to defer to men, to support men in their goals, and to expect men to take care of them and protect them. Girls are expected to be ladylike, timid, dependent and quiet and never to embarrass anyone by making a scene. Many of these socialized traits are in direct opposition to being able to successfully defend oneself. They may also leave women with negative perceptions of their physical competence and a perceived lack of physical strength and endurance. Women's negative perceptions of their own physical competence play a part in their levels of fear.
http://gem.greenwood.com/wse/wsePrint.jsp?id=id222

https://books.google.com/books?id=t...&q=women are socialized to be victims&f=false

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/14/amy-schumer-im-sorry-not-sorry_n_7276504.html

http://www.thecrimson.com/column/femme-fatale/article/2015/11/5/speech-im-not-sorry/

ETA: The knife is small and hooks on your finger. It would be hard to get off a crooked finger.

We don't know that. And even if we knew she was wearing them we have no idea if she was listening to anything or just had them in in case she got a call or something.

You're right.

Finding her earbuds on the side of the road, with strands of hair attached, coupled with a sudden disappearance while witnesses saw her jogging, with no signs of any depression, hopelessness, absolutely = an indication that there was an abduction. Better evidence than we've had in most abduction cases. But please show me where I said she didn't harm herself? Read again. Not what I said. We just have zero evidence to support that theory at this time and we do have some to support an abduction.

Around 4000 people per year, in the United States, with no visible "depression, hopelessness," commit suicide. It wouldn't mean they were abducted if they threw down their phone before doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201