Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone should assume LE doesn't check into every scenario we think of here, especially when they have access to so many LE resources...

I wasn't implying that they don't check every scenario on here, I guess my irritation comes more from the facts that are always withheld. I understand that for conviction purposes and to build a case that things have to be withheld from the public, but to me, as a mother I would much rather have all the info out there. It only takes one person who didn't know they held a piece to a puzzle to solve it. If the information isn't out there then they can't come forward. The longer time gets away the less likely they will be to remember. Just drives me nuts.

I wasn't implying that they don't check every scenario on here, I guess my irritation comes more from the facts that are always withheld. I understand that for conviction purposes and to build a case that things have to be withheld from the public, but to me, as a mother I would much rather have all the info out there. It only takes one person who didn't know they held a piece to a puzzle to solve it. If the information isn't out there then they can't come forward. The longer time gets away the less likely they will be to remember. Just drives me nuts.

No, I was only referring to checking into sex rings, etc...I think LE must have some kind of standard checklist, when girls of Sierra's age vanish. At least, I hope they do...

No, I was only referring to checking into sex rings, etc...I think LE must have some kind of standard checklist, when girls of Sierra's age vanish. At least, I hope they do...

Well me too. I guess when SARX made reference to a known sex ring that is working in the Bay area, I felt steam escape my ears. How in the BLEEP can something like that be going on? Wouldn't something like that be all over the six oclock news on a daily basis??? I may be from small town GA, but heck I'm glad compared to what's going on in CA!!!Kidnappings and perverts around every corner, heck all I had to do was google attempted kidnappings california and there were pages

I don't know quite how you can figure out the location by the photo, just wondering if you tried it on the photos of the perps car taken? Just curious.....

I think when media edits the photos they use, it wipes out the exif data (where the location comes from). Also, the photos look like video captures, which probably don't have the location info on them.

But if the LE laid all their cards on the table and told us what they had. Than who ever did this would also know and run for the hills. See here is the problem I think. And please this is JMHO we are spoiled by this thing called the Internet. Before this was discovered we would not hear about cases like these. Also we and I included myself want all crimes to be like CSI on TV wrapped up in ab hour please.
Laci Peterson case to me drugged on forever . But in the end the LE knew what they were doing and did not tell John Q Public everything. So I guess I have learned from that experience to trust the LE in every case . Sure do some get screwed up of course why because they are humans. But I don't think they get that many wrong.

Well me too. I guess when SARX made reference to a known sex ring that is working in the Bay area, I felt steam escape my ears. How in the BLEEP can something like that be going on? Wouldn't something like that be all over the six oclock news on a daily basis??? I may be from small town GA, but heck I'm glad compared to what's going on in CA!!!Kidnappings and perverts around every corner, heck all I had to do was google attempted kidnappings california and there were pages

No, they are underground like any other blackmarket thing. I'm shocked that so many people are surprised be hearing this, it has been in the news for years. They are (obviously) illegal and highly immoral, so the "customers" and the perpetrators don't really advertise in the newspaper...not really something LE can just go down the street and 'check into.'

"A California proposal aimed at curbing sex slavery and other forms of human trafficking has qualified for the November ballot." Just read that in the news.

It is not only N. Cal that has these "sex rings"...I am pretty sure every major city ahs something similar. I do think that most of the girls are found at bus stations, on the streets, shelters, etc...more so than in suburbs or rural areas. As a rule and JMO.

It is not only N. Cal that has these "sex rings"...I am pretty sure every major city ahs something similar. I do think that most of the girls are found at bus stations, on the streets, shelters, etc...more so than in suburbs or rural areas. As a rule and JMO.

Correct.

Actually, Ohio is having a huge problem with them right now and we have one of the worst problems in the country with them. If anyone wants to know more, go to Google, type in sex trafficking, and click "news" on the left. You will then see how bad it is.

Didn't mean to get away from the subject of Sierra...as I said, I hope this isn't what happened to her. But, if by some weird chance it would be, at least she would be alive...

A lot of these cases involve minors as well, so they are often kept quiet to protect identities. And the other REALLY big factor is that all too often they seem to always be one step ahead of LE which doesn't make them look so good.

It's the ugliest deepest side of the underbelly of crime and even for those who are seasoned can be hard to handle. I know it seems Hollywood, but if you do some digging you'll find that it is a way bigger problem than anyone wants to admit. It's not just prostituting girls out on the street either. It's selling them off to people here in the states. We want to believe that this stuff only happens abroad, but it happens here too and there is BIG BIG money in it. A girl can be sold for 300K plus. That's a lot of money for a quick job. Much quicker than drugs....

And that is why a lot of runaways never find their way back home, imo. They are quickly spotted in the usual teen hangout spots, and are 'befriended' by a nice person who gives them food and listens sympathetically. And once they have the chance, they scoop the kid up and it is over and done with. imo

For more information on sex trafficking.. Search out Donna M Hughes.
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/

She has helped us many times with her articles and opinion on human trafficking.
"Hiding in plain sight"

It is true that there is now and always have been human trafficking. It is nothing new. The methods used to hold a person are simple and effective. There are different people involved in this crime on humanity and it includes both men and women. The term "Human Trafficking" is a confusing term that involves many things.
In the case we are working on at the moment it would be "Human sexual servitude" and even that term gets confused... Seek out Donna site for more information on helping true victims. Some females involved in that world are not victim at all. They seek out others and convince them to leave of there own free will. Later the person finds themselves trapped in that world for various reasons. Getting the victim to leave of their own free will is a common method as compared to kidnapping a victim which is a major crime. Professionals at this are very talented on getting the victim to leave with them of their own free will and it is part of the process of mind control. If Sierra was kidnapped and forced into that world it is more rare then the other methods used. After awhile she will suffer from Stockholm syndrome which will make it harder to find her. Recent famous cases have proven that to be a true fact. Anyways check out her site for more information for yourself and better research..

itsashame- sex trafficking is going on in Atlanta too-right up or down the road from ya- read this- it will curl your toes
http://www.ajc.com/news/groups-battle-sex-trafficking-1275280.html

snipped- "On average, 100 adolescent girls are sexually exploited for money in Georgia on a typical night, according to a report by the Schapiro Group, an Atlanta-based research, marketing and communications firm"

No, they are underground like any other blackmarket thing. I'm shocked that so many people are surprised be hearing this, it has been in the news for years. They are (obviously) illegal and highly immoral, so the "customers" and the perpetrators don't really advertise in the newspaper...not really something LE can just go down the street and 'check into.'

"A California proposal aimed at curbing sex slavery and other forms of human trafficking has qualified for the November ballot." Just read that in the news.

I guess the way I took it was that it is a known fact that it is occurring....and your statement tells me too that we should be knowing about it. I've seen the movies and I have seen documentaries from other countries about it, but here is harder for me to believe. Maybe I'm naive, but how come we don't see more information from the media on it. It seems like it would be big headlines or great news stories and what journalist wouldn't go after that? Just really confuses me. So have you heard too that there is a known trafficking ring in CA? Someone has to know something about it, or details about how they work? LE knows about this too? Why aren't they alerting the public more if this horrible criminal activity is occurring?

Wouldn't it be interesting if LE put together team of "Consultants" comprised of convicted gang members, rapists and kidnappers to help solve this crime? Who could help profile the suspect better than those who have lived the life? I think some of these prisoners would be more than willing to pay off a part of their debt to society by helping this way. Because someone has lived a life of crime and made mistakes, even horrible ones, doesn't mean they don't have a "higher self" that doesn't want to do good. Get them together and helping to think through, and solve this case!

I guess the way I took it was that it is a known fact that it is occurring....and your statement tells me too that we should be knowing about it. I've seen the movies and I have seen documentaries from other countries about it, but here is harder for me to believe. Maybe I'm naive, but how come we don't see more information from the media on it. It seems like it would be big headlines or great news stories and what journalist wouldn't go after that? Just really confuses me. So have you heard too that there is a known trafficking ring in CA? Someone has to know something about it, or details about how they work? LE knows about this too? Why aren't they alerting the public more if this horrible criminal activity is occurring?

There have been a lot of documentaries and specials about this topic, actually...they tend to re-air them on MSNBC and sometimes CNN on weekends...JMO

itsashame- sex trafficking is going on in Atlanta too-right up or down the road from ya- read this- it will curl your toes
http://www.ajc.com/news/groups-battle-sex-trafficking-1275280.html

snipped- "On average, 100 adolescent girls are sexually exploited for money in Georgia on a typical night, according to a report by the Schapiro Group, an Atlanta-based research, marketing and communications firm"

Well I say horse doody, bc I live here and have never heard such information. Maybe women....not adolescent girls. I just find that hard to believe. I have never seen young girls working the corners or heard of anything of the like in the news, even in Atlanta. I am not saying this is a lie, bc anything is possible, but shame on our media and police for not better informing the public if this is the truth.

The first time I heard about it in CA was on the national news. I am from Ohio and it is on our news (about it happening in Ohio) ALL THE TIME. And the news media usually interviews LE about it. It is widely known here; as far as CA, I do not know that much about the rings down there, but I do know I have heard of girls farther south being taken over the border and girls brought over the border from Mexico for such things.

Is it my iPad or is all the font suddenly in red now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There have been a lot of documentaries and specials about this topic, actually...they tend to re-air them on MSNBC and sometimes CNN on weekends...JMO

I have seen them on other countries, but not ours? Which ones are you referring to? I am not completely naive and I know unspeakable things happen here too, I just think we would be hearing more on the news.....or at least I would like to bc this really ticks me off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125