Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really not sure how much stock should be put into the inhaler comments by Marlene. Unless she rifled through Sierra's bag and knew exactly how many inhalers she had, it's hard to say. I don't think she micromanaged Sierra or kept that close of tabs on her to know. JMO.

Yeah, I think there's a chance Marlene only mentioned the inhalers to increase the urgency in the early days when people were more likely to think she had run off. So if she's run off, she's still at risk without the inhalers, so look for her. It's one of the questions she was probably asked a lot when giving Sierra's description at the start, about medical conditions. People have inhalers for their comfort as often to prevent something catastrophic happening ... I know mine was more like taking a panadol for a headache vs a life saving medicine. I wanted to feel better but I could manage without.

Thanks for the link.
LE is trying to catch up on water searches.
Do you suppose it occured to them to take divers out with the sonar
so that when a questionable object is spotted one is on hand to go in
for a closer look? Versus say, coming back a second time to the same area a week later.

Why is someone going to go back and remove the questionable object? The way I understand it they have to review the images which takes time. In The Peterson case here they did the exact same thing.

I was a very close follower of the Natalee Holloway case. One thing I thought was helpful was knowing what distinguishing marks she had on her body. Moles, etc.
It is obvious from Sierra's photo that she has a mole on her neck. It would be nice to know if she has any other distinguishing marks, moles, etc. that someone might be able to recognize if someone was trying to exploit her via. sex trafficking.

Not trying to suggest that her mom tell us she has a mole on her bum or anything like that, just anything that might help sleuthers identify her if a picture of her was posted on the internet without her face or neck visible.

hmmm just hoping that ALL of the tips coming in are being checked out fully. Remember what happened in the Caylee Anthony case.....if some of those leads had been checked out PROPERLY there might have been a greater chance of actually figuring out what really happened.

Also wonder what ever came of this statement:

Crystalina Amato, 15, friend of Sierra said one friend claims she saw Sierra in San Jose, with the same Juicy Couture purse and brown boots, looking paranoid.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_6b6ae595-40b4-5d96-91fc-60c833221420.html

To Protect Sierra, Detectives Share Little Information

Investigators continue to learn more, but release little under assumption Sierra LaMar is alive.

Watsonville Patch
May 15, 2012 3:00pm
By Corinne Speckert

The red, Volkswagen Jetta that investigators are associating with the kidnapping of Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar has yet to undergo forensic examination, and it’s not clear when it will happen.

“The vehicle is in evidence, and will be examined at some point,” Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza said.

Cardoza also said investigators aren't specifically commenting on what they’re looking for, and that they've identified the owner of the car, but haven't named any persons of interest.

Limited details about the vehicle—captured in surveillance footage near key areas in the LaMar case—are being released as a precaution: Investigators don’t want to compromise the case and subsequently harm Sierra, who they believe is still alive.

“A lot of people don’t understand it’s the way it goes—they’ve got to protect her,” said Davina Joy, who volunteers with the KlaasKids Foundation, the nonprofit organizing weekly searches for Sierra.

The belief that Sierra is alive Is based on a lack of evidence proving otherwise, and has apparently provided hope for a positive outcome.

more
http://watsonville.patch.com/articles/vw-associated-with-lamar-case-hasn-t-been-examined

Similar article as above

Snipped - "Limited details about the vehicle—captured in surveillance footage near key areas in the LaMar case—are being released as a precaution: Investigators don’t want to compromise the case and subsequently harm Sierra, who they believe is still alive."

http://newark.patch.com/articles/divers-to-verify-questionable-items-in-sierra-lamar-case

Also, A volunteer searching and fundraisers for Sierra:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/artic...cle_0115a0f9-1500-5606-a2b5-8f919abf993a.html

Investigators continue to learn more, but release little under assumption Sierra LaMar is alive.

Watsonville Patch
By Corinne Speckert

The red, Volkswagen Jetta that investigators are associating with the kidnapping of Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar has yet to undergo forensic examination, and it’s not clear when it will happen.

“The vehicle is in evidence, and will be examined at some point,” Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza said.

Cardoza also said investigators aren't specifically commenting on what they’re looking for, and that they've identified the owner of the car, but haven't named any persons of interest.

Limited details about the vehicle—captured in surveillance footage near key areas in the LaMar case—are being released as a precaution: Investigators don’t want to compromise the case and subsequently harm Sierra, who they believe is still alive.

“A lot of people don’t understand it’s the way it goes—they’ve got to protect her,” said Davina Joy, who volunteers with the KlaasKids Foundation, the nonprofit organizing weekly searches for Sierra.

The belief that Sierra is alive Is based on a lack of evidence proving otherwise, and has apparently provided hope for a positive outcome.

more
http://watsonville.patch.com/articles/vw-associated-with-lamar-case-hasn-t-been-examined

Huh???????? well I hate to blunt, but WTH? I am loosing faith quickly.....

Watsonville Patch
By Corinne Speckert

more

...the belief that she is alive...comes from the usual-no evidence to prove otherwise, apparently. :(

Oops, sorry, didn't see that article was already posted.

And I agree with above, I can't figure out exactly what they are doing. Why construction sites have just recently been searched, going over the same bodies of water. The Jetta. My only guess is they knew exactly what happened, or at least a very good idea, early on and are now just trying to put together all the pieces. Hope we hear some good news soon.

..."Will be examined at some point??"

Hopefully, the reporter misheard Sgt Cardoza. Here is another article that states forensic Investigators are examining the car.

http://crime.about.com/b/2012/05/08/car-examined-in-sierra-lamar-case.htm

Car Examined in Sierra LaMar Case

About.com
By Charles Montaldo
May 8, 2012

Forensic investigators are examining a vehicle they believed is linked to the disappearance of a 15-year-old California girl missing since March 16. Police had been searching for a red Volkswagen Jetta seen in video surveillance tapes during their investigation of the disappearance of Sierra LaMar.
Police would not say when and where they found the vehicle.

Investigators released photos this week of the red Jetta with a black hood to the public and asked for help in finding it. Sgt. Jose Cardoza said the vehicle is now in custody of the sheriff's office and is being examined by forensic investigators.

Hopefully, the reporter misheard Sgt. Here is another article that states forensic

Car Examined in Sierra LaMar Case

About.com
By Charles Montaldo
May 8, 2012

Forensic investigators are examining a vehicle they believed is linked to the disappearance of a 15-year-old California girl missing since March 16. Police had been searching for a red Volkswagen Jetta seen in video surveillance tapes during their investigation of the disappearance of Sierra LaMar.
Police would not say when and where they found the vehicle.

Investigators released photos this week of the red Jetta with a black hood to the public and asked for help in finding it. Sgt. Jose Cardoza said the vehicle is now in custody of the sheriff's office and is being examined by forensic investigators.

But how do we know which one is accurate?
I am beginning to hate the media, JMO

But how do we know which one is accurate?
I am beginning to hate the media, JMO

yeah, someone needs to fine the reporters who are misquoting or giving inaccurate information. Besides where are the checks and balances, who is overseeing the release of the information? At least pick a reporter that actually cares or wants to do their homework.

Even when they bother to put things inside quotation marks, they don't really seem like actual quotes...

Why do we accept such poor standards nowadays I wonder...how can we know we are ever getting any accurate info. It has become a very lazy, slapdash profession, IMO, all about slapping it onto the website, no editing, no spell check, no one checking to see if sentences are properly constructed.

I said way back when there were different reports in the media about the t- shirt jersey or sweatshirt. I don't believe anything in print anymore. I searched yahoo one day and the reports were split 33% for each article. Sad part one news station had both t-shirt and jersey reported two different reporters. Same station that said DNA laffin

I just sent an email to the author of the article requesting clarification of her report.

Good for you Annie! It's great when someone steps up and tries to get some clarification. Kinda feeling like we should send Cardoza an email while we're at it and ask for clarification. Was this a blunder on his part or the media's? Cuz I really have a hard time believing that is actually what he meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member