Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe the other case had dna.. it was an uncompleted attack. I think they got prints from the tazer... :moo:

that's good enough for me....I'll take that, it's worth just as much as if they had his DNA.

Sjsleuth--I hear Ya!

I have held back commenting on his arrest until I hear what the evidence against him is. Especially why LE is so sure Sierra has been murdered.

As far as the family is concerned , seems they sure have their share of issues, but that does not "prove" he is a murderer. I am sure LE will state all the evidence they have after his arraignment. Then all the pieces of this puzzle and our questions will be answered.

Ya, I just cant get some of the questions out of my head. If he did do it, he appears to be either incredibly stupid or he wanted to be caught.

The purse which had his DNA was found very close to SL's house and it appeared to have been "placed" where it was.

Without that purse, LE would probably never have found ATG.

But why did he place the purse there, and her body somewhere else? If he had taken the time to travel somewhere else with the body (obviously somewhere much harder to find), why not hide the purse better?

And I still wonder, did the purse arrive in that location immediately, or did he take SL somewhere far, and then return with the purse?

Also, ATG's mom in last nights interview mentioned something along the lines of "He went back fishing the following day" To me, that meant that he went two days in a row.

Maybe he went to revisit where he left SL, and maybe he decided to take her stuff as a trophy, but then when he got home, he realized this was reallly stupid, so he stashed it quickly.

Or maybe he wanted to be caught (or pursued) and he needed to get her stuff and place it were LE would find it.

Lots of questions :maddening:

Ya, I just cant get some of the questions out of my head. If he did do it, he appears to be either incredibly stupid or he wanted to be caught.

The purse which had his DNA was found very close to SL's house and it appeared to have been "placed" where it was.

But why did he place the purse there, and her body somewhere else? If he had taken the time to travel somewhere else with the body (obviously somewhere much harder to find), why not hide the purse better?

And I still wonder, did the purse arrive in that location immediately, or did he take SL somewhere far, and then return with the purse?

Also, ATG's mom in last nights interview mentioned something along the lines of "He went back fishing the following day" To me, that meant that he went two days in a row.

Maybe he went to revisit where he left SL, and maybe he decided to take her stuff as a trophy, but then when he got home, he realized this was reallly stupid, so he stashed it quickly.

Or maybe he wanted to be caught (or pursued) and he needed to get her stuff and place it were LE would find it.

yes, lots of questions.

I just think he's just not that smart.
The purse puzzles me still. Why would he place it there?

I do not believe the other case had dna.. it was an uncompleted attack. I think they got prints from the tazer... :moo:

eta: fingerprints are also forensic evidence so this could be possible

Still though, if that was the case why didn't they have him long before SL went missing?

It seems like something in THIS case has linked him to a previous case. His DNA and fingerprints were already on record.

So something new during this investigation linked him.

Of course, its possible LE in the area is so backlogged that they couldn't fully investigate "attempted" assaults, or that they didn't want to bust him on a smaller charge, and instead wait for something more.

I sure hope none of that is correct.

My best guess for this is, he has done this before and didn't think he would get caught. I think he had NO clue how huge this would get, how many people would be searching, and that FBI would show up a week later. He probably thought he had plenty of time to do what he wanted. Maybe he originally planned to go back, clean up the bag, and give his wife a new, expensive gift.

All JMO, speculating.

Code:
I was suspecting that maybe he had been a cashier and, voila! He was a cashier at Safeway. I am sure that Sierra's mom paid with a check there. That's how he knew where she lived.

LE should check if the women that have been assaulted have paid with checks there. It could be a common denominator.

"...he quickly moved up from bagger to cashier and displayed his well-known gift for gab.

"He loved to talk to customers," Lucero Garcia said."

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_20694502/family-considered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son

It would or will be interesting to see if any of the other missing girls' families shopped at those safeways and paid by check. It's a lot of investigating and I hope LE has the time and resources to really check this situation out.
Although he drove that straight shot from home to work, passing SL's, the bus stop is on a side street between the 2 thoroughfares. It was unlikely that he just saw her which is very creepy because there was some link to her.

It doesn't even have to be a check. Those SAFEWAY cards also have personal information he could get to as well. He may have even knew that safeway's cameras didn't reach that far in the parking lot so he knew he was essentially safe to pull these maneuvers in that area. So much to consider.

I just wonder what he planned to do to those women in the cars at Safeway?? :shudder:

The whole purse thing is weird to me also. Why wouldn't he just put it wherever her body is? He seems to be very familar with the area so you'd think he'd know of a better hiding spot. Maybe it was just to taunt the family and he didn't think about DNA?

I still wonder if her shoes were among her belongings...

Still though, if that was the case why didn't they have him long before SL went missing?

It seems like something in THIS case has linked him to a previous case. His DNA and fingerprints were already on record.

So something new during this investigation linked him.

Of course, its possible LE in the area is so backlogged that they couldn't fully investigate "attempted" assaults, or that they didn't want to bust him on a smaller charge, and instead wait for something more.

I sure hope none of that is correct.

what year was his info entered into CODIS? Was it before or after the attacks? (I cannot remember).....

If it was after 2009 I would think that when they ran the print his had not been entered yet..

Code:

It would or will be interesting to see if any of the other missing girls' families shopped at those safeways and paid by check. It's a lot of investigating and I hope LE has the time and resources to really check this situation out.
Although he drove that straight shot from home to work, passing SL's, the bus stop is on a side street between the 2 thoroughfares. It was unlikely that he just saw her which is very creepy because there was some link to her.

It doesn't even have to be a check. Those SAFEWAY cards also have personal information he could get to as well. He may have even knew that safeway's cameras didn't reach that far in the parking lot so he knew he was essentially safe to pull these maneuvers in that area. So much to consider.

He quit working at Safeway in 2010 so there is no connection there to Sierra.

Can someone who knows the ins and outs please explain the court proceedings? What will happen today? What information will be released to the public or will the whole lot be? I really have no clue how this all works (which is probably a good thing lol)

Plain and simple, criminals like this are known to do some pretty dumb things. That is why they can have an entire daily show devoted to dumb criminals because it seems there is no limit to their stupidity.

I think he simply discarded the evidence quickly because he did not want it in his vehicle nor could he return home with it where his wife could find it.

I do believe this man has done over violent crimes beside the one they are now linking him to and often if a prep is not caught they begin to get quite arrogant,cocky, and overly sure of themsevles. That is when they start making mistakes that finally leads to their capture.

While he may have told his family he was fishing I think he was making sure Sierra's remains were will hidden.

what year was his info entered into CODIS? Was it before or after the attacks? (I cannot remember).....

If it was after 2009 I would think that when they ran the print his had not been entered yet..

I dont know how CODIS works, but if his print was already in the system at the time of the 2009 attacks, they should have gotten a match.

And if his print was entered after the attacks, wouldn't they get a match then?

What other types of evidence could be considered FORENSIC evidence?

This is what got him into CODIS:

"They also indicate Antolin Garcia-Torres, 21, had been arrested June 16, 2010 for felony battery"
http://cupertino.patch.com/articles...ar-murder-kidnap-suspect-court-records-reveal

"His DNA was on file in the nationwide CODIS database because California law allows for DNA collection in cases of felony arrest."
http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2012/05/sierra-lamar-anatomy-of-search-day-51.html

First, I agree-- I don't believe he had any idea how huge of a case this would be.

Now, if they have pictures from cameras from the surrounding areas on the day Sierra dissappeard, that would mean that they would also have pictures if he decided to return the next day.. say to drop off the purse. Or to check on the purse or, to whatever you want to insert.

We just need to know what time he really left the day after. If he left her in the field the day of the kidnapping for dead he could have come back at night, or early, early morning to retrieve her. That very well could be the evidence they have . His car on film both that morning and at a later date to gather her or something.

I think he simply discarded the evidence quickly because he did not want it in his vehicle nor could he return home with it where his wife could find it.

I do believe this man has done over violent crimes beside the one they are now linking him to and often if a prep is not caught they begin to get quite arrogant,cocky, and overly sure of themsevles. That is when they start making mistakes that finally leads to their capture..

This is what I'm thinking too. If he's done this before, he probably didn't expect the attention that this case has gotten as someone else mentioned above. He didn't expect the bag to be found and didn't think about his dna being in the bag and linking back to him. I agree with those who think he may have planned to go back for it.

Edit to add: But it bothers me that the clothes were folded. I don't get that at all. I'm guessing it's either a wierd quirk he has or he was trying to make it look like it had been carefully packed for some reason.

I just wonder if he really ever went fishing like he told his relatives.

I'm interested to find out if during the LE surveillance, he went fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev