Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
what year was his info entered into CODIS? Was it before or after the attacks? (I cannot remember).....

If it was after 2009 I would think that when they ran the print his had not been entered yet..

It would be his first FELONY arrest. Misdemeanors do not take DNA.

In my opinion, the bag and her clothes are not with SL, because those things don't decompose, which, if left on or with her, would make her remains all that much easier to see and find. Although the normal part of his personality may be dumb as nails, the psychotic part may be clever enough to take markers, like her clothing, away from her, which would make it harder to see her, find her, etc.

I think he took the clothes off her, folded them, placed them in the bag and went back later on and placed them by the shed. Maybe at that point, her disappearance was on the news and with talk of her possibly being a runaway, he made it look like she may have. I thought maybe the bag had traces of some type of water, so that is why they have been looking in waterways, but now that we know the LE was told he went fishing, maybe just that information is what started the water search.

I think we all can agree that the bag is a mystery, no matter what the scenario is surrounding her disappearance. The bag could have it's own thread and we could all talk about and contemplate it for hours. At least, I could.

It would be his first FELONY arrest. Misdemeanors do not take DNA.

yes, upstream someone posted that his felony arrest was in 2010.. so it was after the 2009 attacks. (link is upstream)

In my opinion, the bag and her clothes are not with SL, because those things don't decompose, which, if left on or with her, would make her remains all that much easier to see and find. Although the normal part of his personality may be dumb as nails, the psychotic part may be clever enough to take markers, like her clothing, away from her, which would make it harder to see her, find her, etc.

I think he took the clothes off her, folded them, placed them in the bag and went back later on and placed them by the shed. Maybe at that point, her disappearance was on the news and with talk of her possibly being a runaway, he made it look like she may have. I thought maybe the bag had traces of some type of water, so that is why they have been looking in waterways, but now that we know the LE was told he went fishing, maybe just that information is what started the water search.

I think we all can agree that the bag is a mystery, no matter what the scenario is surrounding her disappearance. The bag could have it's own thread and we could all talk about and contemplate it for hours. At least, I could.

me too...that placement of that bag boggles my mind.
But, it's most likely a logical answer for it there if we ever get it out of him.

He wanted to take it home to his wife, but had second thoughts. (?)

Yes, agree since it was protected from mama cat and her kittens by being placed where cacti are....
Neatly folding contents sounds like he planned to return - perhaps trophy items...

If any update on trapping mama cat and kittens?

just thinking out loud here...

if he is the perp in all these other cases....it appears he is after women who resemble is wife...

Do you have a picture or description of the other victims?

I saw one on the news, and her face was blurred out, but she appeared to be an older white woman (maybe 30s-40s).

And I dont see the resemblence between SL and his wife. That is just the demographic of this area.

Yes, agree since it was protected from mama cat and her kittens by being placed where cacti are....
Neatly folding contents sounds like he planned to return - perhaps trophy items...

If any update on trapping mama cat and kittens?
that is good thinking Steve

me too...that placement of that bag boggles my mind.
But, it's most likely a logical answer for it there if we ever get it out of him.

Totally agree, even though I think he was still planning to go back and get it at some point and someone got to it before he did. I also believe he folded the clothes and that's why his DNA is on them.

GOSH, I hope not.

Maybe I should clarify my statement a bit lol. I have been worried that he discarded her body in a dumpster or the trash somewhere but the more I think about it that would have been very risky of him being seen.

Now, this guy has been very bold about attacking women in highly visible places. I don't know if that is part of the thrill for him or he has poor impulse control and has just happened to get away with it for so long.

Once his disgusting urges were satisfied though, was he more careful about disposing of the evidence in places where he wouldn't be seen.

That shed where he put the purse is not visable from anywhere. He chose that place to put the purse because it was a good hiding spot. He didn't think it would be found. Whether he was going back to get it or not.

So, I think where ever Sierra is he feels he concealed her well and in a place where he wouldn't have been seen doing it. JMO.........

Maybe this is why the time also changed?

I wish we knew if one of the stations was going to live stream it. :waitasec:

Good info. I wonder if there was too much commotion in MH. Maybe they couldn't get enough security for him, if you know what I mean. Hopefully, if he is the guilty one, he goes to general population for a while.

Do you have a picture or description of the other victims?

I saw one on the news, and her face was blurred out, but she appeared to be an older white woman (maybe 30s-40s).

And I dont see the resemblence between SL and his wife. That is just the demographic of this area.

good question! and where is everyone seeing a pic of his wife? i cant find it..

Maybe I should clarify my statement a bit lol. I have been worried that he discarded her body in a dumpster or the trash somewhere but the more I think about it that would have been very risky of him being seen.

Now, this guy has been very bold about attacking women in highly visible places. I don't know if that is part of the thrill for him or he has poor impulse control and has just happened to get away with it for so long.

Once his disgusting urges were satisfied though, was he more careful about disposing of the evidence in places where he wouldn't be seen.

That shed where he put the purse is not visable from anywhere. He chose that place to put the purse because it was a good hiding spot. He didn't think it would be found. Whether he was going back to get it or not.

So, I think where ever Sierra is he feels he concealed her well and in a place where he wouldn't have been seen doing it. JMO.........

I agree. Before we knew who he was, I remember referring to him as "lucky" many, many times because of his brazen ways. Makes me sick to my stomach that his nickname is Lucky. He wasn't worried about security cams, imo...especially if he was responsible for the '09 Safeway attacks.

Originally Posted by OldSteve

Indeed! I think this is right on.

I bet today's court is short ad sweet, they will read the charges (which is when we will hopefully understand the evidence they keep bringing up -and he will enter a plea. guilty not guilty, ask AGT if he understands whats going on). There might be a motion for bail hearing, and then they will set a date for pre trial.
(I am not sure about the laws in CA for a speedy trial, might depend on the crime?)
I could be way off, but I am pretty sure thats how it will go.

l

Her bag having it's own thread :floorlaugh:

I was hoping they had soil samples or water samples or something from the bag that was taking them to the water searches. I hope it's not just on him going fishing. I would think that they could find tapes of his vehicle going in the direction of one of these bodies of water but maybe not. If they had they would have been concentrating in one area of water instead of many different.

I do wonder if he had access to another vehicle that he may have used the next day to hide her.

But, if he planned on returning to get the bag, why place it there? He could have left it anywhere secluded. Do you think because it was far enough away from her house, but close enough to his life so that he would be able to easily go back and get it?

Are you sure about that? Because they already had his DNA in the system, so if that was the case, they would have already had him linked to the other case before SL went missing.

The news report I saw claimed "They have EVIDENCE linking him to a previous case", but they didn't say DNA evidence.

This to me could be a huge problem. Maybe the MO in this case is similar to the previous case, and they have evidence pointing him to SL's dissapearance so if they can prove he was guilty here, then they can prove he was guilty in the past case.

Its different than if they are trying to work the other way around, but all depends on what evidence they have.

If I were a juror, I would still want to know what his connection was to SL?

1)Was he connected through a family/friend?
2)Did he have some sort of relationsip/friendship with her?
3)Did he often drive by the bus stop and see her waiting?
4+)etc......

OR, did he just happen do drive out that day, and pull up to a random house (down in a cul-da-sac and see her leaving her house) and then decided abduct her?

Id also want to know his typical schedule, and his schedule the day she went missing. His family claims he left home at 6:50am (not confirmed AFAIK), did he arrive at work or wherever he was headed right after that? Or does he have no alibi, and he missing for a few hours that morning?

This are all important questions IMO, even though they have DNA evidence, its possible the defense will come up with an explanation for that. If the defense proves (or even brings doubt) that he didn't have the opportunity to commit the crime, then jurors might not be convinced by the DNA evidence.

Very interested to see what new information comes out today.

The reason LE comments that it's the most dangerous kind of assault is because it was kidnapping by a stranger. They stated that up front and succinctly because it's going to be part of the prosecution's argument...he didn't know her at all. AGT's family repeating that sentiment is probably only hurting his case....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510