Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying this is Sierra but what makes you think they wouldn't find bags of evidence with her body? There is no doubt that if and when Sierra is found, tons of evidence collection will be done stripped or not. Soil, plant, insects, rocks etc etc

This quickly, in paper bags?

I agree there would be a lot of evidence to gather around her remains, but my first thought, esp after seeing how close it is to homes, is more along the lines of a drug related incident or suicide like mentioned above.

Really though, just first thing that pops into my head. Bags may not even be evidence.

If this Statement of Fact, is all that LE has.. I am very worried for the outcome of this case.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kion/statement_of_fact.pdf

I am sorry but this just isn't enought to convict him of murder. It seems to me that this may be a good chunk of their case and if it is, it is not as strong as I had hoped.
Just because she has not been tweeting or on FB means NOTHING, a person who is kidnapped and tucked away would obviously not be given a phone or laptop to tweet and surf social media sites.. this could easily be thrown out there and bring on reasonable doubt. Not to mention, there were tweets sent from Sierra's account (by friends on accident) that could also be brought in to suggest reasonable doubt that she is deceased.

The fact that the clothing she wore that day has been found, also means nothing. A person may have forced her to undress and left her handcuffed and unclothed, or even put different clothing on her. I also highly doubt that the kidnapper asked Sierra if she needed her inhaler to come with them before he kidnapped her.

I am finding that statement of fact to be ridiculously weak in this type of case. I sure They can only put this man on trial for murder once! it's the only shot they have. I sure hope he doesn't get off because LE was so hasty to make an arrest.

LE did say that the lack of social media was just one element and that DNA evidence as well as other forensics lead them to the conclusion she was murdered. I too am a little concerned, but would be less so, depending upon where on her clothes his DNA was found and if hers was found in his car, what the source is, etc...we just don't know. They may even have come across video of her being forced into his car...they've been so quiet for so long. JMO

My driveway is 2000' long but it is inside a fenced gated property. I'm sure it would seem longer if it was along open fields and roads with traffic. But you are correct when you say it isn't a great distance.

It is not as far as I thought, but still, her street is still not very populated and I don't think she should have had to walk to that stop and wait by herself.

Would decomp fluid be considered DNA? If so, they have more than enough to convict imo.

Honestly, I can't see how this could be her and they are taking the body away like that on a gurney. Sierra would be only a skeleton by now. When Morgan Harrington was found, it took them a whole day to get all her bones picked up, and the scene gone over by forensic people. About the only way they could just pick Sierra up like that, is if she had already been wrapped in something, sad to say.

I think the picture makes it look further than it is. Most people walk their dogs farther. jmo

Just to get to my mail box is .3 mile(s) and I do that everyday and back again. But, I do live in the boonies outside of Santa Fe, NM. lol.

In the conditions that we've had here, while a body would be quite decomposed after 2 months, it's not likely that it would be nothing but bones at this point.
Anyone pull up MP's in Pleasanton area?

It should take no time at all for them to determine if this is a recent dump or if the body has been there for awhile, which in theory could immediately rule out Sierra. They were pretty quick to say it was female, so I'm leaning towards it being a more recent death, but we'll see.

I'm hoping they have clear video of him driving in her area that morning. Rumor of him driving around that area for 20minutes would shoot down the claim that he was home at 6:50am. JMO

oh wow. Would they issue a press release if it wasn't Sierra?

Oh absolutely they will. It's a body. Regardless of it being her or not that is going to get covered.

I'm originally from the Bay Area and familiar with all the locations discussed here (more East Bay than South Bay). Those roads out near Dublin are studded with housing developments but it's pretty sparse. It's also the way you would go to get from Walnut Creek to get to San Jose, if I remember. I find it kind of random that they would find a body out there by chance. Maybe this is why the arraignment was delayed? Argh.

If this Statement of Fact, is all that LE has.. I am very worried for the outcome of this case.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kion/statement_of_fact.pdf

I am sorry but this just isn't enought to convict him of murder. It seems to me that this may be a good chunk of their case and if it is, it is not as strong as I had hoped.
Just because she has not been tweeting or on FB means NOTHING, a person who is kidnapped and tucked away would obviously not be given a phone or laptop to tweet and surf social media sites.. this could easily be thrown out there and bring on reasonable doubt. Not to mention, there were tweets sent from Sierra's account (by friends on accident) that could also be brought in to suggest reasonable doubt that she is deceased.

The fact that the clothing she wore that day has been found, also means nothing. A person may have forced her to undress and left her handcuffed and unclothed, or even put different clothing on her. I also highly doubt that the kidnapper asked Sierra if she needed her inhaler to come with them before he kidnapped her.

A few people have also sent in supposed sightings, this could be brought up and suggest reasonable doubt as well. This case is just crazy and so confusing with the way LE is dealing with it. I would like to say they are doing a great job, but the more I read the more I feel that they are not exactly sure what they are doing and they are jumping the gun due to lack of experience with this type of crime.

I am finding that statement of fact to be ridiculously weak in this type of case. They can only put this man on trial for murder once! it's the only shot they have. I sure hope he doesn't get off because LE was so hasty to make an arrest.

It's just a probable cause statement. Those always look weak, as they only put in the bare minimum needed to press charges. They never play their hand this early.

Just for those who don't know, probable cause is a very, very low standard of proof. Thus, the weak looking statement.

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members