Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my dememntia clients at work have some kind of tag that tracks them if they decide to go wander. If they do then the police get alerted and can go find them. There should be some sort of device that kids can carry on them that they can discretely press should they get abducted. I live in the UK and actual abductions are rare (though there is someone in the local area at the moment attempting to abduct children). In the US there are a shocking amount of cases where this is happening. Of course most teenagers think they're invinsable so most probably wouldn't even carry something like that but even if it could save one child.....

I know there are GPS units available. Tomorrow I'm having one put in the new truck I bought for my business. It not only will tell me where it is at all times on a map, but also how fast it's traveling and will send me alerts if it moves out of a "Geofence" I'll establish so I'll know if its been stolen. Crazy. (People put them in personal cars to track their kids and make sure they're driving safely. It sends an alert if the vehicle goes over a set speed.)

Ahhh I can't look at the map on this thread of where her purse and phone were found. Can somone tell me if her purse or phone were found closest to her home/bus stop please

It strikes me as interesting that LE mentions looking for an injured person. In today's presser, they mentioned "a weapon" in the list of the items the search teams are looking for in the 3 mile radius. I'm wondering if there was actually blood evidence in the driveway or on some of Sierra's belongings (phone, purse, etc.).

This case reminds me so much of Holly Bobo and is giving me the same sick feeling.

My ideas:
1. Someone who may abducted her will not leave trail after him/her/them.
or
Leaves it in wrong places to get time and confuse searchers. Ex: if she was abducted near home, her phone found a mile far away then purse ...... other mile ....

2. She left trace ....
3. She left with someone willingly and left her phone and purse to seam as abduction....

THank You for your thoughts and :welcome: to WS.

I agree that someone might have made her throw her cell out the window. And good point about the Juicy bag being on the news. That may have panicked someone and made them throw it out immediately.

I'm pretty sure the purse was found on Sunday and just made public today.
And Welcome to Curious Girl! :seeya:

I have had these kinds of conversations with my kids (sad to say) and I just asked my DD what she would do with her phone, she said she would lie if they asked her if she had her phone and she would try to hide it on herself. She said she would probably not try to dial 911 for fear of getting caught, I asked if she would toss it to leave a trail and after she thought for a second (kind of gave me a "well thats a good idea" she said, " well mom, how are you going to find ME"? Seems these talks as sad as they are work!

Her phone was found a bit less than one mile away?

The purse with the clothing inside was found about 2 or so miles away?

If she were forced by an abductor to remove her clothing, fold it and place it in her bag within 2 miles of her home---where did the crime take place?

:waitasec:

1. More than one abductor? One to drive and one to make sure she took her clothes off as asked?

2. One abductor and she is forced to remove her clothing while in the passenger area of the car? What did that abductor use to coerce her into doing that? A gun?

3. In that area between where the phone was found and the purse was found is there much traffic or turn offs in order to commit a crime against Sierra without being seen by passing traffic?

4. I can't imagine getting on the freeway with a naked female in the passenger area of the car so would she have had to been placed in a trunk prior to getting on the freeway? Of course stranger things have happened.

5. About the purse, I can't imagine any perp in his/her right mind would travel back to the area to dispose of the purse. Too much possible evidence. Toss it out miles away. The phone meh, that could have been a "I've got to get rid of this so she can't contact help" toss out. But the purse? Doesn't set well with me.

Something's off. Not sure what it is but it feels off to me. (Just thinking out loud above, and quickly jotting down the thoughts) all JMHO

Laurie for some reason I get a 404 message on that link in post.

Anyone have another for that article TIA! :)

Laurie for some reason I get a 404 message on that link in post.

Anyone have another for that article TIA! :)

I did too, hit the home or news link at the top of th 404 message and you will see it there.

If she was going to school, wouldn't she have books or a backpack too? That the clothes were the ONLY things in her purse is weird.

I saw the statement Sierra's Father made to the press regarding his status as a RSO. Do we know how recent his conviction was? It was also mentioned that his last address was a Hotel. I know Sierra visited him in Fremont, he talked to her the night prior to her disappearance about making a hair appointment.

I ask not out of judgement, but wonder if this could be some sort of retaliation? I have some other thoughts too, but it seem inappropriate to express them.
icon9.gif

Her phone was found a bit less than one mile away?

The purse with the clothing inside was found about 2 or so miles away?
If she were forced by an abductor to remove her clothing, fold it and place it in her bag within 2 miles of her home---where did the crime take place?
:waitasec:
1. More than one abductor? One to drive and one to make sure she took her clothes off as asked?
2. One abductor and she is forced to remove her clothing while in the passenger area of the car? What did that abductor use to coerce her into doing that? A gun?
3. In that area between where the phone was found and the purse was found is there much traffic or turn offs in order to commit a crime against Sierra without being seen by passing traffic?
4. I can't imagine getting on the freeway with a naked female in the passenger area of the car so would she have had to been placed in a trunk prior to getting on the freeway? Of course stranger things have happened.
5. About the purse, I can't imagine any perp in his/her right mind would travel back to the area to dispose of the purse. Too much possible evidence. Toss it out miles away. The phone meh, that could have been a "I've got to get rid of this so she can't contact help" toss out. But the purse? Doesn't set well with me.
Something's off. Not sure what it is but it feels off to me. (Just thinking out loud above, and quickly jotting down the thoughts) all JMHO

I don't think this was a random abduction. I think it's someone Sierra knew in some way. Has anyone seen any neighbors interviewed at all ? It's hard to believe no one saw a car or something that morning ?

I live on at the end of a culdesac and we are generally very observant of who is coming and going. If it's a car that doesn't belong to one of the families here.... You'll see all the neighbors eyeing it as if to say "Who are you and why are you here?" I don't think it's a matter of being nosey, it just seems to be the nature of small dead end streets. We get hardly any traffic and the traffic we do get ... we know who it is.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

"Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse. It was not clear if they were the clothes Sierra put on the morning she was last seen or if they were something she brought along with her. He said they contained no forensic evidence that pointed to a crime or a person of interest in the case. They said they did not release the information earlier because they were waiting on forensic evidence analysis."

Actually that brings up a good question. Which side of the road was the bag found on? That may give clues as to what side of the car it was tossed from.

If I recall correctly the phone was found on the west side of Santa Theresa and the police said the bag was found on the "opposite" side. That's why I suggested above, maybe the phone was thrown when they were leaving the area and if the perp lives near by, maybe the bag was thrown when he returned as a last thought.

I saw the statement Sierra's Father made to the press regarding his status as a RSO. Do we know how recent his conviction was? It was also mentioned that his last address was a Hotel. I know Sierra visited him in Fremont, he talked to her the night prior to her disappearance about making a hair appointment.

I ask not out of judgement, but wonder if this could be some sort of retaliation? I have some other thoughts too, but it seem inappropriate to express them.
icon9.gif

It was in 1999 . And from what I read it was fondling one of his older daughters friends back then .

The more I think about it, the more it sounds as if she was planning to leave for a day or so and something bad happened with the person she was leaving with. Maybe she met someone online, he/she picked her up, she had a clean set of clothes in her bag, then shortly after he/she picked her up, she was forced to throw her cell phone out of the car then her purse.

There has been no mention of a backpack or any other school-related items being found. I wonder if her parents found her backpack in the home but LE isn't revealing that info to the press.

The urine could be animal urine that the bag fell into?

Edited to add: According to one of the articles: Nothing else was found in the purse - not even makeup, a wallet or hair brush, Cardoza said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli