Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the prosecution to put his wife and mother on the stand. The wife, in particular, knows a great deal IMO. OPINION ONLY

What kind of knowledge do you think they have? I feel they know he is capable of it. I think they know stuff about his behaviour and whereabouts that are probably damning. But I don't think either of them have likely heard a confession from him or seen any direct evidence. I think the bag was where it was because he wanted to keep it or the contents but he couldn't in that trailer. Otherwise it would be with Sierra or if leaving it with her would tip off her whereabouts, it would have been hidden at least as well. Maybe they have seen stun guns.

I just went to look up the next date and see it's the 16th (16th here now), so hopefully there will be some more information soon. Hopefully Sierra will be found asap.

Good morning Lash :seeya:

Refresh my memory, if you don't mind? What were the issues the county have been experiencing (including planting of evidence)?

I must have missed it. This worries me greatly, now that you've mentioned it. agt's lawyer is certain to try to get that on the record.

I wonder if the Prosecution will attempt to block it, in some way?

:scared:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kimi!

Sorry for the delay. Santa Clara County Crime Lab experienced some issues in 2007 and was called out by the Innocent Project in a report released in 2009. I attached a couple of articles written by San Jose Mercury News. I am not too concerned about. It is a pretty common attempt for the defense to discredit the forensics. I was just remembering talk from the forums when AGT was arrested. Ie; planting evidence. The defense has to have their reasonable doubt. In my opinion, they'll likely go there.

http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/ci_7414037?nclick_check=1

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_11919162?source=rss

AGT Court Date: Today

April 16, 2014

1:30 p.m.

I am anxiously awaiting to see/hear if any new evidence will be revealed today...

:please:

Marc Klaas @pollydad:

Sheriff "stonewalled" search for Sierra LaMar
April 11, 2014

(snip from Mr. Klaas' Open Letter)

Throughout the process of searching for Sierra we reached out to the Sheriff Smith on many occasions requesting passive information that would not impact the case, but might assist our efforts to better focus on viable search areas. Unfortunately, despite the fact that her office no longer dispatches SAR teams to look for Sierra LaMar, Sheriff Laurie Smith has ignored all of our requests.

http://m.ksbw.com/news/klaas-sheriff-stonewalled-search-for-sierra-lamar/25438630

This story relates to the upcoming race for the SC Sheriff. Unfortunately, everything in the article is true. My Sierra Search Team friends lamented about these issues, but did not go public. Having someone of Marc Klaas' caliber make this statement is - incredible.

If anything, it just strengthens my respect for the #SierraSearchTeam (coordinated by @KlaasKidsSearch) for their resolve in continuing to pursue their efforts to #FindSierra - with or without the utmost cooperation of local LE. #GlassHalfFull :dunno: :sigh:

AGT Court Date: Today

April 16, 2014

1:30 p.m.

I am anxiously awaiting to see/hear if any new evidence will be revealed today...

:please:

I'm with you IHAVENOCLUE

I have confirmation that members of the Sierra Search Team will be in attendance, to show their support once more of Sierra LaMar and her Family. They are SO amazing!

I'm hoping to receive updates. I am on pins and needles. I didn't sleep a wink last night. It's not lost on me that today is the 16th :tears:

I hope the Judge is ready to put things in motion *today*! The sealing of the GJ Indictment should be addressed, and the setting of the trial to the Court's calendar should also be discussed :moo:.

Of course, I am prepare for last minute tactics, but FCOL, this Judge should be well aware of the antics, prepared for them, and do whatever it takes (within the confines of the law of course), to get this process underway.

Otherwise, it gives the appearance that agt is running the show. No Judge worth their salt should be OK with that. Hopefully, the gavel drops on agt today, the gavel of reality AND #JusticeForSierra!

#FindSierraLaMar
:heartbeat:

What forensics?

AmandaReckonwith's JusticeForSierra Case Archive (Post #539) is a great place to get caught up on the case particulars.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra LaMar -CA-

Not all of the evidence has been released. There's a hearing today in a little over an hour to seal the Grand Jury indictment, so we may not hear anything else until the trial, which has been delayed by agt for years, is officially underway. It took the GJ to even get him to enter a plea.

agt's DNA was found on Sierra's belongings and her DNA was found in his car.

I'm certain the DA has a LOT more to support a Capital Murder charge. In addition, there's DNA linking agt to the other robberies in the Safeway parking lot. HTH

I received word this morning that court was cancelled. I didn't post, in the hopes this would change.

I waited all day, hoping for the usual tweet with the update of the day's events. Nothing. The Court's website hasn't even been updated yet (it still shows the 1:30p hearing as current / business as usual).

I am awaiting further confirmation, via MSM or otherwise. Until I am able to do so :moo:

Perhaps agt has figured out a way to delay - again. SO much is riding on this hearing. The sealing of the GJ testimony and the setting of a Capital Case to calendar.

I hope agt is hearing the clock ticking. Justice for Sierra may be delayed but it will not be denied.

I received word this morning that court was cancelled. I didn't post, in the hopes this would change.

I waited all day, hoping for the usual tweet with the update of the day's events. Nothing. The Court's website hasn't even been updated yet (it still shows the 1:30p hearing as current / business as usual).

I am awaiting further confirmation, via MSM or otherwise. Until I am able to do so :moo:

Perhaps agt has figured out a way to delay - again. SO much is riding on this hearing. The sealing of the GJ testimony and the setting of a Capital Case to calendar.

I hope agt is hearing the clock ticking. Justice for Sierra may be delayed but it will not be denied.

Oh My...

Delayed... Again... :sigh:

At least AGT is still incarcerated... :jail:

This is so frustrating. We have to wait another two months for the next court date scheduled on June 11, 2014 at 1:30 p.m

This is so frustrating. We have to wait another two months for the next court date scheduled on June 11, 2014 at 1:30 p.m

Thank you for the update, Obscured!:seeya:

Were any reasons reported for the delay?

Or... Is it the same ole... same ole....

:waiting:

ETA... Now I can't help but wonder if Sheriff Laurie Smith has a hand in the delay... After reading the letter from Mr. Klaas... Posted upthread....:waitasec:

They are doing this so he will plea and give up the body. They must have all their ducks in a row. The SClara D.A office is awesome. Justice will prevail!

Here's the Minute Order from yesterday:

haqeze2a.jpg

http://www.scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/garciatorres/MinuteOrder041614.pdf

agt appeared briefly for the continuance - he did not speak on court.

My feeling is that perhaps the DA notified the family & supporters in advance (or there was a complete miscommunication).

They definitely knew the big issues weren't going to be heard & that the delay was coming, as my friends did not attend. :waiting:

Here's the MSM confirmation:

Man accused killing Sierra LaMar makes court appearance in San Jose |
abc7news.com - http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?se...h_bay&id=9506693#&cmp=twi-kgo-article-9506693

And twitter update:

@abc7newsBayArea:

The man accused of killing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar appeared in court today: http://t.co/RFQ1TeMF2U
21:16 - 16 Apr 2014

http://twitter.com/abc7newsBayArea/status/456643611824631808

A two month wait (hopefully ) means the DA is preparing for something major. I admit, I was wrong (I thought it was the defense).

I have even MORE faith in DA Rosen and his team. I hope that every agency involved will be able to pull it together and present a cohesive, united front in prosecuting this case.

We are only as strong as our weakest link. Sierra deserves the best in the pursuit of her justice and justice for the LaMar Family!

:twocents:

:heartluv: #FindSierra :heartluv:

I can hardly wait to see/hear what his mother/wife have to say on the stand. They hold the answers, IMO.

Thanks so much for reporting here. I just went and did a google search and found nothing recent so would be unaware if not for the efforts of WS members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592