Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok is this just the media taking his quote out of context... They state they have a theory someone may have been watching her, and then cut to Cardoza saying this....@1:39 http://video.app.msn.com/watch/vide...organ-hill-resident-abducted-sierra/1d0sbqbnq

"You know it was at least an hour before she would have normally left to go to school"

This doesn't make any sense. She would normally leave for school at around 7:10am, so an hour before would be around 6:10. There were twitte posts and a text after that.

Do you think his quote was about something else and the media put it out of context?

[EDIT:]I have a feeling that what he was saying about "at least an hour before she normally left for school" was in reference to the last time anyone saw her, when her mother left for work.

Does anyone know where to find the videos of LE talking to the press so we can get the facts and not the medias interpretation and paraphrases?

respectfully snipped for space...

WOW! The screams are definitely chilling to say the least!!

Can someone who made the maps earlier (with phone & purse found) tell us 'where' this place would be?!! TIA!!! :please:

I'm no good at map making, but here is a general idea of where the RV park is in relation to Sierras house. I marked both with red dots. I think LE searched this area yesterday and either didn't find anything or they aren't saying they found anything. Who knows at this point.

RVPark1.jpg

I really thought there would be some contact on her computer that would put LE onto a specific person many days ago...I had assumed from the start that she did get into a car willingly and possibly pre-planned, but now not so sure, as there should have been some electronic evidence of such a plan, somewhere.

Ok hope I do this paste thing right. I'm on my phone so no promises :)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/03/29/sierra-lamar-abducted-california_n_1389035.html

"The following day, the sheriff's office found a purse and a backpack containing clothing belonging to LaMar in a location about two miles in the opposite direction from her bus stop -- and a mile from where investigators recovered her cell phone."

This is the first I've heard about a bookbag being found w the purse.

How did LE arrive at these conclusions, and why has LE released this info to the public?

From another article similar to others posted today:

​Investigators are now saying they believe whoever abducted 15-year-old Sierra LaMar mostly likely knew her or, at the very least, was acquainted with her. What's more, they said her kidnapper was probably familiar with the area near her Morgan Hill home where LaMar was last seen on March 16.

Sierra LaMar: Police Believe Missing Teen Knew Her Kidnapper

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/03/29/sierra-lamar-abducted-california_n_1389035.html

"The following day, the sheriff's office found a purse and a backpack containing clothing belonging to LaMar in a location about two miles in the opposite direction from her bus stop -- and a mile from where investigators recovered her cell phone."

That's interesting. It's the first I've heard of a backpack, too. I wonder if it's accurate. Marlene seemed to vehemently deny that Sierra used a backpack with her triple no answer.

I'm thinking it's misinformation since no other reports that I'm aware of stated both a purse and a backpack.

Someone could write to the article's author for clarification?

How did LE arrive at these conclusions, and why has LE released this info to the public?

From another article similar to others posted today:

​Investigators are now saying they believe whoever abducted 15-year-old Sierra LaMar mostly likely knew her or, at the very least, was acquainted with her. What's more, they said her kidnapper was probably familiar with the area near her Morgan Hill home where LaMar was last seen on March 16.

Sierra LaMar: Police Believe Missing Teen Knew Her Kidnapper

It makes sense if the big gate at the end of her driveway was closed. IF she was walking down the driveway, and saw someone outside the gate in the street, and it was someone who she was used to seeing in her street, she would just have kept going, and opened the gate on her way out...Make sense ?

MOO

Ok is this just the media taking his quote out of context... They state they have a theory someone may have been watching her, and then cut to Cardoza saying this....@1:39 http://video.app.msn.com/watch/vide...organ-hill-resident-abducted-sierra/1d0sbqbnq

"You know it was at least an hour before she would have normally left to go to school"

This doesn't make any sense. She would normally leave for school at around 7:10am, so an hour before would be around 6:10. There were twitte posts and a text after that.

Do you think his quote was about something else and the media put it out of context?

[EDIT:]I have a feeling that what he was saying about "at least an hour before she normally left for school" was in reference to the last time anyone saw her, when her mother left for work.

Does anyone know where to find the videos of LE talking to the press so we can get the facts and not the medias interpretation and paraphrases?

The video says they polygraphed the family, but did nothing mentioned about the boyfriend. In fact, there has been nothing mentioned about the boyfriend this entire time. Not that I think he had anything to do in this.

There are so many scenarios - but the one I can think of most is that someone took that route everyday. She only moved there in Oct so that gives someone some time to get the nerve to do it. Something triggered them that day if it was opportunistic.

At least they are telling us more, although not committing to it totally.

That article has other errors, including saying she left her home at 6am...

It makes sense if the big gate at the end of her driveway was closed. IF she was walking down the driveway, and saw someone outside the gate in the street, and it was someone who she was used to seeing in her street, she would just have kept going, and opened the gate on her way out...Make sense ?

MOO

Thank you. Yep, makes sense, and somewhat ties-in with what I posted a few days ago about someone familiar to Sierra (I think I gave an example of a local convenience store worker). Within that context, I was considering that she got into a vehicle willingly.

But now, I'm more interested why LE came to this conclusion to the apparent exclusion of other possibilities, and what it hoped to achieve by publishing it. :)

ETA: More from another article (the Huffpost one linked above, with what appear to be a few factual errors):

"The investigation process is leading more towards an involuntary missing person case. Under that umbrella is the theory that she is the victim of a kidnapping, abduction or voluntarily went missing and then at some point thereafter came into contact with someone and as a result is now being held against her will," Santa Clara Sheriff's Office Sgt. Jose Cardoza told The Huffington Post Thursday.
Cardoza said investigators base their suspicions on "hundreds of interviews that have been conducted, the very few items of evidence that we have in this case and the fact that no one saw her leave her house."

wouldn't she have dropped her things though?

In an attack or sudden crisis, some people drop stuff, other people clamp down.

I don't know of any way to predict what a given person will do until after they've been in such a situation.

It seems to me that we discovered the DISTANCE, then estimated the time it would take to reach that location.
I don't remember a time of cell phone placement by LE or MSM.

So reading the reviews of this RV Park

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/California/Morgan_Hill.html (scroll down to Parkway Lakes RV Park) it is not a place for overnight RV's, more for people who live there permanently. Their website is here:

http://www.parkwaylakesrv.com/news.html and confirms it is catering to permanent residents.

Most rv parks would have gates they lock at night, so that may be the gate they were referring to?

Did you get to the page that says: Security Patrol?

Itshows a momma raccoon with two babies. Kinda cute!
But bittersweet for this case.

-Opportunistic crime, her last text is at 7:11am.
-Bus picks up at 7:25
-walking timeline (per google maps) from home to bus stop is approx 10-12 mins (says 7 from corner of her street to bus stop, so I'm adding some extra time from her home)
-scent ends at driveway
-person has been watching her, knows her residence

It sounds to me like this person is a sex offender. Kidnapping is a pretty big deal for a first time offender..there are 54 sex offenders in the area surrounding her home. The trailer park across the street house A LOT of them.

how did they entice her to get into the car - presumably at her driveway...abducted on a residential street, in her own driveway by a stranger or an acquantance, upscale neighborhood, with very little traffic. And to think this person had been watching her. Really terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member