CA CA - Toni Danielle Clark, 17, San Bruno, 16 Mar 1990

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 148DFCA
cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

Left and Center: Clark, circa 1990; Right: Age-progressed by NCMEC to age 36 (circa 2008)
Toni Danielle Clark
Missing since March 16, 1990 from San Bruno, San Mateo County, California.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: June 4, 1972
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 110 pounds
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair; brown eyes.
    [*]Marks, Scars: Clark's ears are pierced. A mole on her left calf and a slight scar on the right knee.
    [*]Clothing: Black tube top with lace, black linen shorts, light blue jean jacket, white loafers; a two gold nugget ring on her right hand and a gold chain bracelet.
    [*]Dentals: Available. She has gaps between her front teeth.
    [*]DNA: Available
  • Medical Conditions: Clark was two months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Clark had been visiting friends and family in a rough neighborhood of Oakland on March 16, 1990. Her cousin recalled that Toni had trouble starting her boyfriend's car as she was getting ready to head home. Her car stalled on the Bay Bridge, and by the time it was reported to the California Highway Patrol, it had been hit from behind by another motorist.
Police believe Toni was in front of her vehicle when it was struck, and that she was thrown into the water below. Toni's body was never recovered from the bay, even though Coast Guard rescuers began their search within six minutes of the collision.
The Highway Patrol consulted an expert who said the body would have followed the tide out to the Golden Gate Bridge, and a few weeks later the case was closed.
Witnesses on the bridge gave police conflicting statements about the person they saw near the car. Some remembered a black man looking under the hood. Others saw a man walking away from the vehicle. And no one actually saw a body go over the railing, only the wreckage of her car after it was struck.
In the car itself, a bracelet Toni never removed was found along with the keys to the car lying on the passenger side floorboard.
Clark's mother received a telephone call from a girl she believes was her daughter one week following her disappearance. The girl was crying on the line for approximately 40 seconds before the call was terminated. Police were unable to trace the call.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Clark's case, please contact:
San Bruno Police Department
415-877-8965
415-877-8977
650-616-7100

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 90031715
NCMEC #: NCMC737294.
NCIC Number: M-413272926
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The San Francisco Chronicle
ABC News
CA DOJ
NamUs

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/148dfca.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5948/

Big mystery,lots of possabilities.

Toni Danielle Clark vannished from a Bay bridge when he car apparently broke down, and was eventually hit by another car but when police came to the scene she wasn't there. They closed they cased with the motivation that she probaly feel into the water, but her body wasn't found which is strange and opens up for speculation.

My first though is that that she was either abducted by someone at the scene because he car had issues and wouldn't re-start and somebody seized the opportunity to abduct an attractive young lady.

my second though is that since she was 2 months pregnant her boyfriend or possibly some other guy that liked her and was jealous abducted her. Perhaps her car was just staged there to make it look like she fell out somehow or it was stolen and eventually stopped and driver fled the scene. I wonder if the police ever checked for DNA samples on the car, it could explain alot.

I don't think she fell into the water, just doen't make sense. I think she was abducted and killed and that she was the one that called her mother. Another case that was handled badly by the LE.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Toni Danieelle Clark – The Charley Project
Toni Danieelle Clark

• toni_danieelle_clark_1.jpg
  • toni_danieelle_clark_2.jpg
  • toni_danieelle_clark_3.jpg
Toni, circa 1990; Age-progression at age 36 (circa 2008)

• Missing Since03/16/1990
  • Missing FromOakland, California
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • Date of Birth06/04/1972 (47)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA black tube top trimmed with lace, black linen shorts, a light blue jean jacket, white loafers, a gold chain bracelet, and two gold nugget rings on her right hand.
  • Medical ConditionsToni was two months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Toni has gaps between her teeth. She has a mole on her left calf and a scar on her right knee. Her ears are double-pierced. Some agencies may spell her middle name "Danielle."
Details of Disappearance
Toni left a cousin's home in Oakland, California to drive back to her family's residence in San Francisco, California on March 16, 1990. She was driving her boyfriend's Chevrolet Camaro, which she had trouble starting when she left; it kept stalling.

The car apparently stalled again on the San Francisco Bay Bridge sometime during the evening. Another car collided with Toni's vehicle prior to 12:00 a.m. Police arrived just six minutes later, and found that Toni was not inside the vehicle after the accident.

Assuming that the impact of the collision swept her into the water below, the U.S. Coast Guard dragged the bottom of the Bay. Toni was not located and neither were her clothes. No blood, hair or oil residue was found in her vehicle either.

Her mother has stated that she received a phone call approximately one week after Toni disappeared from a young woman she believes was her daughter. The girl was crying on the line for approximately 40 seconds before the call was terminated; authorities were unable to trace the source.

The majority of officials maintain that Toni drowned the night of the car accident, but her case remains classified as that of a missing person.

Some witnesses reported seeing an African-American man looking under the Camaro. Others saw the man leaving the scene. No one saw Toni's body going over the bridge railing. Her bracelet, which she never removed, was found on the passenger side floorboard along with her car keys.

The man who ran into Toni's car was tried for vehicular manslaughter, but acquitted for lack of evidence proving Toni was in fact dead.

Some reports may state that Toni resided in San Bruno, California. She was a high school senior in 1990. She enjoyed swimming and dancing, and ran on her school track team. Her case remains unsolved and is classified as a possible non-family abduction.

I was looking for information about Toni so I could put her case on my website and noticed the Dean Marie Pyle Peters and cold cases site has a case for her. It mentions that Toni might have been a victim of Wesley Shermantine and Loren Herzog aka “The Speed Freak Killers”.

They we’re active serial killers from 1984 up until 1999 and Toni disappeared during that time frame. In 2012, when Shermantine started revealing the locations of their victims bodies he revealed there was a “pregnant African American girl” in one of the wells they dumped their victims in.

One of the bodies discovered was of a woman in between the ages of 18 and 25 and may have been African American. Fetal remains discovered with the body indicates this woman was pregnant when she was murdered. She stood between 5’1” and 5’4”. Toni was 17 years old when she disappeared and was 5’3”. She was also two months pregnant at the time she disappeared.

I did some digging around to see if I could find anything regarding the remains and the remains are on NamUs as of currently. There also quite a few news articles about the discovery. I really think this might be her!

Dean Marie Pyle Peters and cold cases - Dean Marie Pyle Peters & Cold Cases: Toni Clark- Missing for 20 Years

NamUs profile for Unidentified woman - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bumping for Toni. This case is incredibly close to me––I've been investigating her disappearance for three years now and have had extensive conversations with her best friend and mother (as well as submitted FOIA requests with the Coast Guard and SBPD). I strongly believe she was abducted and that the police stonewalled any investigation into her disappearance

Bumping for Toni. This case is incredibly close to me––I've been investigating her disappearance for three years now and have had extensive conversations with her best friend and mother (as well as submitted FOIA requests with the Coast Guard and SBPD). I strongly believe she was abducted and that the police stonewalled any investigation into her disappearance
I sent a tip to the s police investigating the Speed Freak Killers about that Jane doe and Toni

Toni case was re-enacted on a crime show called Missing Reward in 1990 or 1991 it was hosted by Stacy Keach and lasted from 1989 to 1992 if anyone has the segment or use to tape the show i would love to see the re-enactment for her disappearance.

1. Toni Clark

2.https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0121945/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_3

I was looking for information about Toni so I could put her case on my website and noticed the Dean Marie Pyle Peters and cold cases site has a case for her. It mentions that Toni might have been a victim of Wesley Shermantine and Loren Herzog aka “The Speed Freak Killers”.

They we’re active serial killers from 1984 up until 1999 and Toni disappeared during that time frame. In 2012, when Shermantine started revealing the locations of their victims bodies he revealed there was a “pregnant African American girl” in one of the wells they dumped their victims in.

One of the bodies discovered was of a woman in between the ages of 18 and 25 and may have been African American. Fetal remains discovered with the body indicates this woman was pregnant when she was murdered. She stood between 5’1” and 5’4”. Toni was 17 years old when she disappeared and was 5’3”. She was also two months pregnant at the time she disappeared.

I did some digging around to see if I could find anything regarding the remains and the remains are on NamUs as of currently. There also quite a few news articles about the discovery. I really think this might be her!

Dean Marie Pyle Peters and cold cases - Dean Marie Pyle Peters & Cold Cases: Toni Clark- Missing for 20 Years

NamUs profile for Unidentified woman - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Did you ever hear back on this tip?

The car that collied with her - the person in it didn't get out to check on her? Just called the police and waited for 6 minutes?
Or was Toni's car stationary when the other person collided?

Best theory I've read is that Toni had met with foul play before the accident at the bridge, and the car was stolen. This could explain the African-American male who was witnessed checking under the vehicle.

The phone call to Toni's mother may have been a hoax.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back