TN - Alissa McCommon, fourth grade teacher recently charged with raping a 12-year-old, 2023

A Tennessee teenager on Monday testified against his former teacher, Alissa McCommon, who is accused of raping him when he was only 12 years old.

The boy, now 15, previously told police that while spending the night at the suspect's residence in 2021, he awoke to McCommon, now 38, sexually assaulting him.

Haywood County General Sessions Judge Jennifer Scott determined by the end of the hearing, after listening to three witnesses testify against the former elementary school teacher, that there was probable cause to keep all the charges filed against her, including rape of a child, as well as coercion, harassing and stalking the victim.

Media members were not allowed in the courtroom while the victim testified, according to WMC.

The boy took the stand just a few weeks after Alissa McCommon told him while out on bail that she is pregnant with his child, an infraction that resulted in her second arrest.​

McCommon is charged with rape of a child, illegal contact with a victim, coercion of a victim, stalking and tampering with evidence). She has not yet entered a plea, but she and her lawyer spent part of Monday's hearing arguing about the age of the victim being 13 and not 12 according to District Attorney General Mark Davidson.

In the state of Tennessee, the punishment is greater for raping a child under the age of 13.

Grand jury returned multiple charges, at least 5 victims, and yes, an apparent baby bump.

Grand jury returned multiple charges, at least 5 victims, and yes, an apparent baby bump.

Thank you for posting the newest update, I'd thought of this case recently and meant to check.

It seems according to earlier information I read, that she intentionally tried to become pregnant, JMO.
Why would she do that, it's unfathomable. She'll never be able to raise this child. So will this baby go to the now 15 year old boy and his family to raise?

Will she have parental rights while in prison?

How many victims?! What in the world? I cannot believe she is pregnant.

The former teacher at Charger Academy is scheduled to appear in court again in May.
The trial is set to begin on August 19.

Alissa is due back in court this month, article doesn't give date. Do we know when the baby is due?

I am confused. The rape happened in 2021, when he was 12, but she is pregnant by that kid currently? Or are the articles talking about two different victims?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060
Back