Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Jewelry: Silver chain worn on right wrist
Dental X-Rays: Not available

Investigating Agency: Los Angeles Police Department (213) 996-1800
Case Number: 879906517

Details of Disappearance
Gray is a citizen of Australia and was on a three-month vacation in the United States at the time of his disappearance. Victor had been sightseeing and was reportedly last seen at a residence in Los Angeles, California on April 1, 1986. Santa Barbara Police Department impounded his car on July 19, 1986.

Sources

California DOJ
The Charley Project
California Missing Person Directory

Impossible to tell, because all the composites looks so different. But imagine if he returned to Australia years later ? The only birth record I can find for a Victor H Gray in 1943 is from Manchester England. A lot of English expatys also ended up in New Zealand. The John Doe's heritage was from Northern Europe (England etc). That would also tie it in with the Native American tattoo if he got it while in USA. Food for thought. BUMP. Remains found

A 1964 article from The Age newspaper, ‘Used Car Dealer for Trial on Six Charges’.

Attachments

• 347B5176-39E9-4BC0-AB45-D1D7E2605705.jpeg
    347B5176-39E9-4BC0-AB45-D1D7E2605705.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 4
Impossible to tell, because all the composites looks so different. But imagine if he returned to Australia years later ? The only birth record I can find for a Victor H Gray in 1943 is from Manchester England. A lot of English expatys also ended up in New Zealand. The John Doe's heritage was from Northern Europe (England etc). That would also tie it in with the Native American tattoo if he got it while in USA. Food for thought. BUMP. Remains found
In Australia, birth records aren't usually made public for one hundred years which means Victor's wouldn't be released until 2043.

I found Victor in an electoral roll for 1967, which gave his address as St Kilda, Victoria. This is a suburb of Melbourne. This fits with the article that I posted above which states he lives in St Kilda.

Also named at the same address, on the electoral roll entry, were a male and female who are possibly his parents. According to Victorian Birth's, Death's and Marriages) were born in Australia. The man is deceased and I have linked to his findagrave entry.

Findagrave

Depending on the accuracy of the Snapshot results (they’re usually pretty close in my experience) I think the eye and hair color would rule this out. JMO. BUT, it would be nice to have a better quality photo of Victor to compare. ETA: or possibly a photo of a relative?

<<Circumstances of Disappearance
Gray was visiting the United States for three months in 1986 from Australia. He disappeared while sightseeing in Los Angeles, California on April 1, 1986. Santa Barbara Police Department reported his car impounded on July 19, 1986.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernVintageMama
Back