CA CA - Westlake Village, HispFem 18-30, UP11249, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

Jun 21, 2016 - Wilson Chouest - preliminary hearing at Ventura County Superior Court for murder charges of two women and the fetus of the pregnant victim

- An investigator said a man confessed to killing a woman and directing others to clean up his bloodied vehicle nearly 40 years ago

- "Ventura County Jane Doe" was found July 18, 1980, at about 12:35 p.m. at the upper parking lot of Westlake High School. That unidentified woman, who was about 20 weeks pregnant, was stabbed 16 stab times in the chest, abdomen, stomach and butt, said Dr. C. Peter Speth, a former county assistant medical examiner who testified Monday.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/local/co...10-cf82-2c94-e053-0100007f47da-383899301.html

Published 10/10 2016
Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux is asking for the public's help with a local cold case where the victims have yet to be identified.
The other victim was found three days later on July 18, 1980 in the parking lot of Westlake High School in Thousand Oaks. Investigators believe she was killed somewhere else and her body was dumped there.

She looked Hispanic, age approximately 20-30 years, 5-foot, 2-inches tall to 5-foot, 3-inches tall and weighed 110-120 pounds. She had black hair with bleached ends and brown eyes. She was found wearing a white short-sleeved pullover blouse, red corduroy pants, and black open-toed high-heeled shoes. She was 4-5 months pregnant at the time of her death.

In 2012, DNA tested by the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office linked the suspect to her death.

Both women are thought to be from the Central Valley, Johnson said.
http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news/tulare-county-authorities-seeking-help-with-local-cold-case

"The year before, in 1979, he had been arrested for rape/kidnapping in the Los Angeles area. Chouest was sent to prison but was released on parole in June of 1980 to the Los Angeles area. He transferred his parole to the Hanford area, living in the Lemoore area from late July to early August in 1980.

One of the women was found in an orchard on July 15, 1980, near Zerker Road and Merced Avenue in the Delano area. She looked Native American or Hispanic, age approximately 30-35 years, 5-feet, 4-inches tall, and weighed 115 pounds. She may have worked picking apples."

BBM==== THAT ^^^ bolded part makes me so angry. He was in prison for RAPE/KIDNAPPING and he does only ONE YEAR of time in prison? :mad:

A few weeks later he goes on a murder spree, raping and KILLING them this time. :sigh:

Someone mentioned how rural and agricultural the area was back in 1980. I wonder if this JD was from Mexico or possibly a migrant worker, and not originally from the local area. Is there an MP database somewhere for missing people from Mexico/S. America? Doe Network has Mexico listed to search, but there are no cases listed.

Someone mentioned how rural and agricultural the area was back in 1980. I wonder if this JD was from Mexico or possibly a migrant worker, and not originally from the local area. Is there an MP database somewhere for missing people from Mexico/S. America? Doe Network has Mexico listed to search, but there are no cases listed.

It was pretty rural. This is a picture from the 1980 Westlake Village City Planning brochure. It should give some idea of the area from the time in question.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Westlake Village 1980.jpg
    Westlake Village 1980.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 130

Sorry, this isn't really an answer, but I read yesterday while researching Chouest that this Jane Doe had dental work done most likely in the US. I wonder if her parents were undocumented citizens and did not want to file a MP report for her out of fear of being deported?

Her drawn-on eyebrows, as seen in the crime scene photo and sketch, are really striking to me. I can't imagine that someone would go to that effort for everyday wear. Were there any strip or dance clubs in the area at the time? It would be really helpful to know where the perp picked this Doe up.

The namus page says Latino/Hispanic, but I wonder if maybe she was Native American and maybe the "eyebrows" were something tribal. I'm trying to find a map showing reservations from the eightie but I haven't found anything. Its just a thought, but if it gets her closer to getting her name back, I thought I'd throw it out there.

I think she kind of looks like Laura Hernandez. I'm aware Laura went missing in December of that year, but the way her Namus read it kind of sounds like she might have been reported missing later. She was also known to dye her hair blonde. I'm only recommending her because one of her pictures reminded me of this Jane Doe.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26514/10

I think so, too, but both have DNA in CODIS, so it would be an auto rule out.

Hi everyone, I'm a reporter working on a story that aims to identify this Jane Doe. It's blown me away seeing the work web sleuth users have done on missing persons case. I see this board hasn't been updated/posted on in a while. Does anyone have any new leads/ suggestions for me? I've never worked a case where the victim is the one who needs to be identified. The defendant is about to begin trial for this Doe's murder, and no friends or family will be there for it which is heartbreaking. Please feel free to comment here or email me at olivialavoice@kget.com

We were never able to find very much about her. With dentals, DNA, and fingerprints, and a previous birth meaning she probably left a child somewhere, you'd think there would have been more progress than that.

Do you know if she's been suggested to DNA Doe Project? I used to be able to find their list of potential cases but can't remember where I saw it. I checked their FB and website to no avail and don't want to send duplicates.

Do you know if she's been suggested to DNA Doe Project? I used to be able to find their list of potential cases but can't remember where I saw it. I checked their FB and website to no avail and don't want to send duplicates.
I think they've taken some stuff off line because they're overwhelmed with requests.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Hi! It doesn't look like it's on their list of suggested cases so far. It looks like they have a very long list :( I know Ventura Doe and Kern County Doe (both linked by DNA from the same believed killer) both have full DNA profiles on file/ in NAMus . It'd be great to first and foremost establish if they are Hispanic or Native American, that could hopefully help narrow down the search somehow? I don't think either woman had ever been to jail, as their fingerprints aren't in the system.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back