CA CA - William 'Willie' Cook, 6, Happy Camp, 28 Aug 1976

Good grief! What a scary looking pair. I'm interested in the story behind this horrible crime.

Were drugs involved? The boy's father worked for the forestry. Quite often people who grow marijuana have farms out in the middle of the forest. Wonder if the father was getting close to discovering such a stash?

JMHO
fran

I can't wait to hear about this story and what happened to an innocent little boy, so many years ago. This is one for the record books IMHO. :waitasec:

OMG ! When I saw the first post of those pics I thought someone was pulling my leg! I can not believe that is for real ! That poor little boy.

"Nelson and Suzanne Dorene Little, also known as Suzanne Aubrey, 69, both of Hoopa, were both arraigned Thursday on kidnapping for ransom charges in connection with the Aug. 28, 1976, disappearance of William Alford Cook Jr., known as Willie."

So this was for money? Money they didn't even collect? Why the heck did they have to leave him naked, then? I suppose it was to hide his identity, but I don't think the region had that many missing six year old boys that clothes would matter. Imagine all the horror that finding him naked must have put into his parents' minds for 30 years! This is just awful. I hope they get what they deserve, if that's even possible.

Nelson (the guy) looks crazy, but Little (the scary lady that looks like a guy....with an odd tattoo on her chin) looks......wierd???? From comments I have been reading on news sites related to this story, that tattoo on the chin is traditional for women in the Hoopa tribe and represents "honor". Nothing honorable about having been part of the murder of a 6 year old little boy...... at least not in my world! :rolleyes: Apparently, there was a murder of little Willie's Uncle a year before his death in the Ceremonial Grounds of the Hoopa tribe, and Ms. Little's husband at the time, Anton Aubrey, was charged but not convicted of the murder of the brother of Willie's father. This article has a LOT of information that is confusing... because this case is confusing. Good job to LE for not letting it die on the vine, so to speak. :clap:

http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/homepage/x50633323

"Others pointed a finger at a foster child who had lived in the Cook home and shared a room with Willie prior to the time Willie went missing. Fairchild described that foster boy as a runaway with a “violent temper” who exhibited “sexually deviant behavior.” "

I can't help but feel sorry for that foster kid.
http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/homepage/x50633323

These stories always gives me hope. All it takes is one person to bring attention back to these cold cases.

I hope this child receives justice.

Article on May 7th, 09

>>Siskiyou judge allows admission to be used as evidence

A Siskiyou County judge on Wednesday denied a defense attorney's request to throw out a confession reportedly made by a former Hoopa resident accused of killing a 6-year-old boy after abducting him in 1976.

As the trial date for former Hoopa residents Gregory Nelson and Suzanne Little grows near, Nelson's attorney Lael Kayfetz said her client's statement may now be used against him as evidence, but “just because the judge found the DA met the standard is not an endorsement that it is a reliable statement.” ...<<

more at the above link

Check out post 1005 on this page:

>>It seems this whole trial, along with full-disclosure; gives enough clarity to make the call.

I’m thinking it explains why “Everyone” came to my 92ac. ranch in Arcata; then stayed [for 18 months] right after this happened.

I never gave another though; because I’ve known them forever…and I needed the help.

I had NO idea! There isn’t any point in saying who all came…

Does that explain my interests are for being here?

Soooooooooooo, what I have to do, is call with my full disclosure????

C-r-a-p! Making the call is eating the crow…but this has to be finished and the guilty party must pay the price.

No matter who they happen to know or be.

Children are off limits in any fight!!! <<

From December 2009:

http://www.redding.com/news/charges-dropped-against-pair-boys-1976-death

Criminal charges have been dropped against a Humboldt County pair in connection with the 1976 kidnapping and death of a 6-year-old Happy Camp boy, Siskiyou County District Attorney Kirk Andrus announced today.

"This is the most difficult and painful decision I have made in my professional career," Andrus said in a news release issued by his office. His announcement comes after a Siskiyou County Superior Court jury deadlocked last month in the murder and kidnapping trial of Gregory Lynn Nelson, 51, of Hoopa, who was charged in the 1976 death of William "Willie" Alford Cook Jr...

"Office and county resources were definitely relevant" in his decision to drop the charges, he said, but adding that the lack of money was not the only reason, noting that only seven jurors voted to convict Nelson. "Because the case against Nelson was considered stronger than the case against Little, both cases were dismissed," Andrus said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back