CANADA CANADA - 83 Missing & Murdered women of Edmonton, Alberta

Skull found in Grande Prairie, Alberta belongs to Rene Lynn Gunning, one of two teenage girls missing from Edmonton since 2005:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/story_print.html?id=4925320&sponsor=

... Gunning will also come to Edmonton and walk the grounds of Henrietta Muir Edwards Park, where investigators recently believed his daughter might be buried.

Another article:
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/10/missing-girls-skull-idd

As Rene and Krystle Knott were together at the time of their disappearance from West Edmonton Mall, IMO it is more than likely the other skull found at the campsite will belong to Krystle ... in which case we could then reasonably conclude that both girls were killed by the same person or persons.

Highly curious that some type of information was received that resulted in a search of Henrietta Muir Edwards Park in Edmonton where nothing was found, the two skulls were found in Grande Prairie, yet Rene's dad seems to still believe the Edmonton park has something to do with their disappearance.

Makes me question if the information received was from someone playing Wild Goose Chase?

Looks like i'm talking to myself in here, but here goes:

Grieving dad's plea

By Jeff Cummings ,Edmonton Sun
First posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:11:17 MDT PM

The father of a young mother whose skull was found near Grande Prairie by campers says investigators should look into possible links to all missing persons cases along the notorious Highway of Tears ...

full article at:
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/06/12/father-of-victim-wants-highway-of-tears-investigation

I'm not quite sure why this is being tied in to Highway of Tears. Although it was Rene and Krystle's plan to hitch-hike, we don't know for a fact that they did. They were last known to be at West Edmonton Mall on Feb 18, 2005, and I would be more inclined to think they may have disappeared directly from the mall, like Nina Courtepatte.

On April 3,2006, six weeks after Rene and Krystle went missing, 13 y.o. Nina also disappeared from West Edmonton Mall. She was found murdered at Edmonton Springs Golf Course, 30 km west of downtown Edmonton.

I strongly feel that the disappearance of Rene and Krystle are related to Nina's disappearance and murder. Here are my old general notes regarding Nina that may or may not relate to the disappearance of Rene and Krystle:

Nina was beaten to death on golf course; Michael Erin Briscoe, 36, gf "Cindy"; Joseph Wesley Laboucan 22, young offender nicked "Pyro" and his gf "Buffy". Buffy says Laboucan apparently bragged about being involved in prostitute's death and supposedly showed co-accused "Buffy" a severed finger he had in a freezer from a previous victim; police had asked Buffy if she had any dealings with men who went by the names Ace, Toothless Jay, Tran and Lorenzo; Pyro pled guilty in Nina's murder; Joseph Laboucan was found guilty of kidnapping, aggravated assault, and first degree murder; Michael Briscoe was acquitted; Stephanie Bird was found guilty of manslaughter; Laboucan claimed in court that he was a debt collector for the Triads and the Hells. Briscoe and Laboucan were subsequently charged with the murder of prostitute Ellie May Meyer who disappeared April 1, 2005, found in Strathcona County east of Edmonton May 6, 2005.

FWIW, one name that stands out to me as a common denominator is Naomi Lynn Ratcliffe who was the last person known to have heard from Rene Gunning and Krystle Knott after they visited West Edmonton Mall. Naomi is also quoted as knowing Joseph Laboucan.

I can't help but wonder if Rene and Krystle are the "two women" that Laboucan referred to in his first police interview:

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=2bd677c7-90b7-4bd2-8f23-bcf83f40876e

I didn't realize that there are separate threads for Rene and Krystle. Although Project KARE is involved, their disappearances/deaths may not relate to the Edmonton SK, so i'll post over in the individual threads:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60594&highlight=Gunning

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60595&highlight=Krystle+Knott

I'll also ask a mod to combine the two threads for the girls, as I don't think we can separate the information, and it will make it easier for sleuthing and posting.

Edmonton police out of Project Kare task force

http://www.newstalk980.com/content/edmonton-police-out-project-kare

Edmonton police service moves officers out of Project Kare sex trade task force

From this article, it seems the only ones that have been moved out are the three EPS members. I consider that a good move for KARE, because I feel a lot of people would not come forward with information due to mistrust of some of Edmonton's local LE.

If the entire KARE team now consists of RCMP only, there may be more info forthcoming.

JMO

Hey folks, this could possibly be the voice of the Edmonton serial killer, so please, please listen to the recording at:

www.kare.ca or

www.albertamissingpersons.ca

As a refresher, the following is the RCMP Behavioural Science profile (circa 2005 ... SEVEN YEARS AGO :() of the Edmonton serial killer:

The RCMP's Behavioural Science Branch released a criminal profile of the killer of one or more of the women. The profile suggests he:

• Drives a reliable, high-mileage truck, van or sport utility vehicle, and is comfortable driving in rural areas.
• Likes to hunt, fish, camp or participate in other outdoor activities.
• Has a past or present connection to the area south of Edmonton, including Leduc, Camrose and New Sarepta.
• May clean his vehicle at odd times of the day.

I would like to add that at one time, the profile also included the hamlet of Hay Lakes (southeast of Edmonton) as part of the geographical area, and that activities also included farming.

Chilling to listen to that voice. Not a young man and not very refined in his speech. You could tell that he was lying because he couldn't get directions correct. You could also hear Amber's heightening anxiety. Did he grab the phone from her and end the call?

Chilling to listen to that voice. Not a young man and not very refined in his speech. You could tell that he was lying because he couldn't get directions correct. You could also hear Amber's heightening anxiety. Did he grab the phone from her and end the call?

Yes Jacie .. not only does he seem to be lying to her, but it is significant that he has never come forward with information that could be helpful regarding where he may have dropped her off, etc ... when her disappearance and picture was published in MSM.

With his reference to gravel, it seems he might be taking some secondary/back roads, and I don't hear anything in the background that sounds like a big rig engine, so IMO that probably eliminates a long-distance trucker. IF he was the first person to pick Amber up, then chances are he lives in the area of the motels in Nisku, or cruises for girls around the motel strips in that area.

Amber does sound very anxious, and IMO that is why she called someone. As for the person she called, it seems her call went to voice mail. Thankfully they kept the recording. If this guy is the perp, I wonder if he disposed of Amber's cell phone or kept it, in which case the chances are good that he knows the name and number of the person Amber called :(

Seems hard to get people to visit this thread, but once again, the recording can be heard at:

www.kare.ca or

transcript of recording from:
http://aptn.ca/pages/news/2012/08/2...-of-solving-case-of-missing-indigenous-woman/

“Where are we by?” says Tuccaro.

“We’re just heading south of Beaumont or north of Beaumont.”

Tuccaro again asks, “Yo, where are we going?”

The man is heard saying, “The back roads.”

Tuccaro responds saying, “Are you ****ing kidding me?”

The man says, “No, I’m not kidding you.”

Tuccaro gets increasingly agitated.

“You better not take, you better not be taking me anywhere I don’t wanna go. I wanna go into the city. Okay?” she says.

She keeps asking him where they are driving to.

The man claims they’re going to “East” 50th St.

Then Tuccaro appears to ask what they’re driving on and the man says “gravel.”

The conversation ends.

RCMP investigators believe that Tuccaro was driven south and east of Nisku, into rural Leduc County.

www.kare.ca

ETA: I've discovered the above transcript is not 100% accurate. Will try to clean it up and post a more accurate version.

On second thought, this guy may not be as rough-hewn as I originally thought. When Amber says "are you ****ing kidding me", he does not use the *advertiser censored** word in his response (or anywhere else in the convo). When he says "ab-so-LUTE-ly" (not contained in the above transcript for some reason), he could have used a number of other more course sounding responses (i.e. f'in right, yep for sure). He doesn't seem to curse.

<I deleted a part that was inaccurate in the above-mentioned transcript. The CORRECT transcript is contained in my post #54 which follows>

Listening to the audio and going with the accompanying transcript at albertamissingpersons.ca, i believe the following is a more accurate account of the conversation (UM=unknown male):

AMBER: Where are we by?
UM: We&#8217;re just heading south of, uh Beaumont, or north of Beaumont.
AMBER: We&#8217;re heading north of Beaumont (sounds to me as though Amber is relating this info to the person she is speaking with on the phone)
AMBER: Yo, where are we going?
UM: just &#8230; (unintelligible)
AMBER: No, this is a ..
UM: (talkover) &#8230; the back roads
AMBER: Are you *advertiser censored**ing kidding me?&#8221;
UM: No, I&#8217;m not kidding you.
AMBER: You better not take, you better not be taking me anywhere I don&#8217;t wanna go. I wanna go into the city. Okay? (AMBER is heard clearly, but Unknown is doing some unintelligible talking at the same time)
UM: &#8230; the one end of the street
AMBER: Yo, we&#8217;re not going into the city are we?
UM: We are, we&#8217;re going &#8230;
AMBER: No we&#8217;re not
UM: Yes
AMBER: Then where the *advertiser censored** are these roads going to?
UM: To 50th Street
AMBER: 50th St, are you sure?
UM: Absolutely
AMBER: Yo, where are we going?
UM: 50th st
AMBER: 50th Street?
UM: 50th Street
AMBER: East, right?
UM: East
AMBER: (unintelligible) &#8230; over
AMBER: (unintelligible) &#8230; now
UM: gravel

Disconnection, then busy signal

We believe that rather than driving into the city of Edmonton, the male drove south and east of Nisku into Leduc County <Cst. Ray Shelton, RCMP - KARE>

Too late to edit my earlier statement, but Amber in fact RECEIVED a phone call, she did not make one. The recording was obtained through "investigative means". Hmmm ... pretty fancy means they have these days :)

http://m.calgarysun.com/2012/08/28/...ing-alberta-womans-disappearance?noimage=true

While police cannot say how or when they obtained the recording, they confirmed it was from a cell phone call placed to Tuccaro from a person she knew.

“The audio has been analyzed and we have learned certain things about the recording and the voice that we’re trying to identify,” said Shelton.

“That has opened part of the investigation. I can’t say what we’ve discovered but suffice to say it’s a significant part of the investigation.”
<bbm>

My apologies for being a one-man-band on this thread.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2012/09/04/edmonton-missing-woman-remains.html
RCMP say human remains found on a rural property near Leduc, south of Edmonton, are those of Amber Tuccaro, who went missing from the area two years ago.

A human skull was found on Saturday by horseback riders east of Leduc, said Gerard MacNeil, unit commander of Project KARE.

Police said the young mother left her Nisku hotel room to catch a ride to Edmonton with a man two years ago.

She has not been seen since

How terribly sad for this young woman's family and especially her child. R.I.P Amber Tuccaro.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Skull+missing+woman+found+near+Leduc/7188846/story.html
Forty RCMP investigators continue to search a rural area south of Beaumont, near where the remains were found on Saturday. RCMP say a group of recreational horseback riders called Leduc RCMP after coming across “what they believed to be a human skull.”

Dental records confirmed Tuccaro’s identity.

Other bones have been found scattered around the area and police are expected to be at the scene searching for the next 48 hours.

RCMP say an air space restriction is also in effect over the area for the next 48 hours.

My condolences to all those who loved this beautiful young lady, and who have been shattered with this news.

Rest in peace dear Amber

To my knowledge, there is no Hwy 263 in Alberta, and I believe the media article that referenced it are actually meaning Hwy 623 which is also Rollyview Road, east of Leduc.

It seems that Amber's remains have been been found in the same general area as Edna Bernard and Katie Ballantyne, both cases which have been connected to the same perp by KARE. (FWIW, I have always believed that Charlene Gauld is also connected, but I don't believe KARE has connected her to the same perp, although she was burned, as was Edna Bernard):

2002 Edna Bernard found 3 km east of Leduc at RR 245, 1 km north of Rollyview Road. Edna was on fire when she was discovered.

2003 Katie Sylvia Ballantyne found east of Leduc at Twp Rd 500 and RR 235 (on property owned by Ansorgers at 49548 Range Rd)

2005 Charlene Marie Gauld was found east of Leduc and north of Camrose at Hwy 623 and Hwy 617. Her remains were partially burned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back