CANADA Canada - Alberta, Banff National Park, WhtMale 19-65, 3242UMAB, Rickets as child, Jul’98

Is there a thread for Allen Robert Foy on websleuths that I'm not finding? If so, I can transfer this information over there.

Alain Foy was in the Top 10 Most Wanted criminals in Quebec in 1975 with the same photo and description in the missing. He's wanted for loan sharking.

The list is on page 6 of Le petit journal, 1975-12-21, Collections de BAnQ.
BAnQ numérique

Also, page 46, (left hand side), "Cautionnement accordé", Le soleil, 1970-08-19, Collections de BAnQ
BAnQ numérique

The article says he was living in St-Hubert in August 1970
Thank you, nice find- unfortunately there does not seem to be enough links to start a thread for Alain Foy, will try again.

?
Missing People - Waterloo Regional Police Service (wrps.on.ca)
porter.JPG

Gregory Porter, born April 24 1959, was last seen on October 5, 1984 when he was honourably discharged from the army at C.F.B. Wainwright in Alberta. Porter had told people that he was going to British Columbia to drive a taxi. He was in good health both physically and mentally. The initial investigation revealed that PORTER cashed a bank draft for $2400 on October 9, 1984 at a Royal Bank in Edmonton Alberta on October 9, 1984.Gregory PORTER grew up in Wiarton, Ontario.

I already posted this on John Lordan's video but maybe it will spark something here. I'm in Alberta and have visited Banff fairly often so I'd love to see progress on this case.

Banff has many international visitors, but the key tags suggest a local. War Amps is very common in Alberta but I'd never heard of T.B. vet tags. Everyone in A.B. I know has War Amps. From what I can gather, T.B. Vets is based more in B.C. With War Amps, you get a new tag/code yearly, so maybe that old code isn’t in any database. Not sure how they were stored but they may have been updated yearly. The tag could also be worn. Elements or simply having it rub against items in your pocket could partially destroy the writing on the tag making it hard to read.

Photos/Address – Could be they have moved? The photos look older. Maybe the photo is of his parents/grandparents who lived in Quebec many years ago. It may also have indicated where the picture was taken not where they lived. I know my grandma always put who was in the picture and where it was taken on all her old photos.

Do we know 100% that the items near him were his? Banff has a lot of visitors and its possible that they keys or some of the items weren't his. I'm sure other people have lost items all over the mountains. In ‘80’s and 90’s, many people from out East came to A.B. or B.C. for work. Maybe he didn’t have family nearby or any close connections. Some jobs were also paid under the table which would make him harder to track.

Rickets could point to him living further north, potentially on a reseravation? While it is more common in Canada than the U.S.A due to our northern location, I think the most cases are found in the N.W.T. and Yukon

Is there a thread for Allen Robert Foy on websleuths that I'm not finding? If so, I can transfer this information over there.

Alain Foy was in the Top 10 Most Wanted criminals in Quebec in 1975 with the same photo and description in the missing. He's wanted for loan sharking.

The list is on page 6 of Le petit journal, 1975-12-21, Collections de BAnQ.
BAnQ numérique

Also, page 46, (left hand side), "Cautionnement accordé", Le soleil, 1970-08-19, Collections de BAnQ
BAnQ numérique

The article says he was living in St-Hubert in August 1970
Better late than never? Found a thread..
1711913125988.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back