Found Deceased Canada - Amy Elizabeth Fahlman, 25, Calgary AB, last phone ping north of Cochrane AB, 29 Sept 2023

Canadianmom2three

Reaction score
F7csfT7bAAAJ5qc.jpeg

Missing Calgary woman's car may have been spotted north of Cochrane
25-year-old Amy Elizabeth Fahlman was last seen leaving her residence in the 300 block of Hawkland Place Northwest, on Friday, September 29. She was reported missing the following day when she didn’t return home. Fahlman is described as 5’6” tall, approximately 130 pounds, with a slim build, brown eyes, and brown hair.

Police seeking dash-cam footage to assist in search for missing Calgary woman

Family says disappearance out of character for missing Calgary woman
Amy Fahlman, 25, spoke to Steven on Friday, Sept. 29 to say she was headed out for a scenic drive north and west of the city.

It was a drive Steven says Amy had done several times before. Steven says his sister planned to head west from Calgary and then join Highway 22 and head north from there.

“She was supposed to come back later in the day and she never did,” said Steven.

Steven says Amy had plans the next day with friends but she didn’t show up or call to say she wasn’t coming.

1696430184787.png
''Police are asking drivers who were travelling along Weedon Trail north of Cochrane between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. to check their dashcam footage for images of Fahlman’s car — a 2010 Nissan Murano with significant hail damage.

As the days go by, Steven says the search radius is growing larger and he is hopeful anyone who might have information or seen his sister’s vehicle will call police at 403-266-1234 or anonymously through CrimeStoppers.

“Honestly, we do not know a whole lot,” he said. “We know that she went out for a drive in the countryside — that’s what she told people at the house before she left, and then she just didn’t come back.”

Steven says all he and his family want is to locate their loved one.

“Amy’s missing and we want to find her. So it’s just been absolutely crazy,” he said. “We just need to narrow down where she could’ve been.”

Noting just a few of the car thefts involving a Nissan Murano, more recently there have been numerous carjackings by violent people, hoping nothing like that has occurred in this case, imo, speculation, fwiw.
''Vancouver Police say around midnight they were alerted that a grey 2007 Nissan Murano had been stolen, and just after 3 a.m. police found the vehicle after it crashed.''
'A white 2015 Nissan Titan pick-up truck with tinted windows and chrome running boards and a black 2016 Nissan Murano with tinted windows were stolen from a Cityview Drive home.'

'A Hamilton Township resident on Danforth Road reported the theft of her vehicle from her driveway sometime after May 11. It is described as a black 2016 Nissan Murano with Ontario licence plate: ‘LAWRENSE.’''

'Two suspects, a male and a female, have been sought by Windsor police since a Nissan Murano was stolen in the Drouillard Road area on June 18.'

'On January 6, 2022, at approximately 8:10 a.m., police received a second warm-up theft report of a beige Nissan Murano, taken from a driveway in the area of Keewatin Avenue and Misty Street in Kitchener.'

'Police say Wardell, just before 4 p.m. on Monday, stole a maroon Nissan Murano before ramming the SUV into Lee Chin in the area of Northwest Second Avenue and 12th Street. The owner of the Nissan was inside his home when someone told him that a man was trying to steal his SUV.'

Amy's FB but no recent posts, her IG is private but she does have an 'art' page on IG called soupys_sketches

Calgary Crime Report FB Update
Calgary, AB,04October2023
Vehicle located - Missing person- Amy Elizabeth FAHLMAN
Investigators have located the vehicle belonging to 25-year-old Amy Elizabeth FAHLMAN, and continue their search to find her.
At this time, we are not releasing the exact location of where her vehicle was found so that police can thoroughly search the area first.

This is local to me and I see info on FB about searching and areas and such, but due to rules I can't bring it over. If you search her name and look at posts on FB there are updates. MOO
Thanks, I've seen the FB updates on searches today, but nothing from the police since they found her car. So tragic, hoping for a positive outcome ... soon.

Gosh ... this is so tragic. Where are you Amy? I haven't seen a map yet of exactly where they found her car but I imagine if she got out and walked, maybe to take photos, that it's a fairly wooded area. Hoping for good news soon. Moo

There is definitely a concern for Amy's safety due to to the time of year and the amount of wildlife predators in the area. I believe where Amy went missing is not really very far from the recent bear attack west of Sundre. Moo

CBC News - Couple Dead After Bear Attack
A grizzly bear attacked and killed two people in Banff National Park west of Sundre, Alta., on Friday night, Parks Canada says.

There is definitely a concern for Amy's safety due to to the time of year and the amount of wildlife predators in the area. I believe where Amy went missing is not really very far from the recent bear attack west of Sundre. Moo

CBC News - Couple Dead After Bear Attack
A grizzly bear attacked and killed two people in Banff National Park west of Sundre, Alta., on Friday night, Parks Canada says.
Yes, some people attending the same event as we did, were carrying bear spray with them. Apparently, several years before, they were walking the trails, close to houses, and came close to a bear.
(Me being me, I am always more afraid of human predators, though.) I hope they find Fahlman. Canada is the country with incredibly uneven density of the population, I often think it is hard for the police to work there, given the climate, too. Best of wishes, neighbors!

The couple who were recently eaten by a bear emptied a can of bear spray on the bear and he still killed them. I think that means that bear spray works some of the time, but not all of the time. I don't think people should rely on bear spray to keep them safe in bear country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back