CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we're all just plain stupid. *Comment meant to add some levity to this horrific topic.* More info will be posted AFTER writing inside this quote.

More explanations AFTER using your quote!
innocent1.gif

No clue - I've never lived in a barn!
sittingonthefence.gif

OK, MY thinking about the 'sending of the song' was that PERHAPS the killer had ambushed Audrey and was holding her captive in her house. He MAY have told Audrey to "go about your normal, daily business" - e-mailing, getting the mail, answering the phone, etc. - so as to not arouse suspicions about his being there with her.

Of course, these are just my own paltry thoughts.:eek:

ETA: If you guys do begin a new thread, please make it easy to find. I'm not all that savvy with this message board. Thanks kindly!

Thanks for editing and adding that "levity" word .... when I first read your answer I truly thought I must have worded my post in a way that was offensive or something, which just in case I MUST clarify WAS NOT my intention of offending anyone at all!!!!

I had called myself dense and even added a square smiley....plus the truce smiley and hid behind that brick wall, never thinking it would come in handy ;) JUST KIDDING!!!!

By the way, never implied neither that anyone here lives in a barn, LOL. Nowaday barns can be very modern, and I have visited a couple when accompanying my children in school field trips, but never occured to me to look around and see the installations; I actually didn't look at anything, just making sure all the children I had been assigned were safe at all times.

Thanks for editing and adding that "levity" word .... when I first read your answer I truly thought ]I must have worded my post in a way that was offensive or something, which just in case I MUST clarify WAS NOT my intention of offending anyone at all!!!! Oh no - not at all. It's all good. It was my fault for having to return and clarify the "levity" sentiment.

I had called myself dense and even added a square smiley....plus the truce smiley and hid behind that brick wall, never thinking it would come in handy ;) JUST KIDDING!!!!

By the way, never implied neither that anyone here lives in a barn, LOL.Hey, don't laugh - I've never LIVED in a barn, but my grandmother had a farm and I played in the barn a lot. Now, I don't think the barn was insulated nor heated. Nowaday barns can be very modern, and I have visited a couple when accompanying my children in school field trips, but never occured to me to look around and see the installations; I actually didn't look at anything, just making sure all the children I had been assigned were safe at all times.

Comments can be found within the quote......:twocents:

I think some questions concerning the song,arose because of comments made suggesting DS was religious.The last known actions,words ect.of a the deceased and in particular, one who was brutally murdered, - takes on greater significance. As the last known email sent was a religious song, it seemed worthwhile to poke around and see if it had any bearing on the case.When dealing ( presumably) with the mentally ill,one never knows what could set them off - a dog,a car,a song...AG called in sick to cancel a get together and did not have her precious dogs at her side when she really needed them..Perish the thought, but one wonders if perhaps willingly or not,she had company calling the tunes.

I think some questions concerning the song,arose because of comments made suggesting DS was religious.The last known actions,words ect.of a the deceased and in particular, one who was brutally murdered, - takes on greater significance. As the last known email sent was a religious song, it seemed worthwhile to poke around and see if it had any bearing on the case.When dealing ( presumably) with the mentally ill,one never knows what could set them off - a dog,a car,a song...AG called in sick to cancel a get together and did not have her precious dogs at her side when she really needed them..Perish the thought, but one wonders if perhaps willingly or not,she had company calling the tunes.
dotr, your post just gave me an idea: perhaps LE could conduct a 'little" experiment: one of the guards could play that song and watch DS's reaction, then turn the volume HIGH, and see if he likes it and sings along, or if he gets abnormally annoyed and starts screaming or something. I don't think they can do that, just thinking out loud :)

For DS to be able to hear AG playing that tune in her computer, he would have had to be nearby. AG's house is surrounded by lots of trees, and I would think music would be hard to hear by someone driving his bike on the street. Being wiinter, she would have her windows closed, plus the house sits a fair distance from the road.

I am still very curious about AG cancelling the Wednesday coffee group with two days in advance. Will like to know which e-mail she sent last: that one or the one with the song?
Where both e-mails sent the same day, Monday Dec. 27? and also will like to know the timestamp.

In my opinion, I don't think the song meant anything. She was an older woman who sent that out to friends. Friends who may have gone through a tough year, or lost someone this past year. I think it was just a Happy New Year message to friends to remember to "keep the faith".
Just my opinion

dotr, your post just gave me an idea: perhaps LE could conduct a 'little" experiment: one of the guards could play that song and watch DS's reaction, then turn the volume HIGH, and see if he likes it and sings along, or if he gets abnormally annoyed and starts screaming or something. I don't think they can do that, just thinking out loud :)

For DS to be able to hear AG playing that tune in her computer, he would have had to be nearby. AG's house is surrounded by lots of trees, and I would think music would be hard to hear by someone driving his bike on the street. Being wiinter, she would have her windows closed, plus the house sits a fair distance from the road.

I am still very curious about AG cancelling the Wednesday coffee group with two days in advance. Will like to know which e-mail she sent last: that one or the one with the song?
Where both e-mails sent the same day, Monday Dec. 27? and also will like to know the timestamp.

I also am curious about what you've posted here. LE has told the public very little.......

In my opinion, I don't think the song meant anything. She was an older woman who sent that out to friends. Friends who may have gone through a tough year, or lost someone this past year. I think it was just a Happy New Year message to friends to remember to "keep the faith".
Just my opinion

I also believe it was stated that AG "forwarded" the email to her neighbour, meaning that someone had sent it to her and she just forwarded it to someone else on her contact list.

I don't think the email has any bearing on the case either other than perhaps determining when the last time she used her computer was.

MOO

The song thing was just a small consideration, probably with no bearing on this case,but stranger things have happened, so thought it might be worth poking a bit with a stick. Actually Hazel, that was a great idea you had about playing the song and seeing the reaction!

I also am curious about what you've posted here. LE has told the public very little.......

Previously posted.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...ng-of-woman-73
The last email Ferguson received from Gleave was on Monday night, when she passed on a link to a version of “Amazing Grace.”

That is the last time police believe anyone who knew Gleave had contact with her.

No neighbours reported seeing or hearing anything suspicious over the past few days. But the Fergusons’ dogs suddenly began barking wildly around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/309093--friends-remember-audrey-gleave
Gleave also met with former Westdale Secondary School colleagues for coffee every Wednesday. She cancelled last Monday, saying she was ill.

The Monday after Christmas remains the last time Gleave is known to be alive, before being found brutally murdered in her home by a friend Thursday morning

The song thing was just a small consideration, probably with no bearing on this case,but stranger things have happened, so thought it might be worth poking a bit with a stick. Actually Hazel, that was a great idea you had about playing the song and seeing the reaction!

Agreed - sheer brilliance!

***Rumour only*** I was recently told (third hand information, so not sure how reliable it is) that Scott at one time worked (as a bricklayer, possibly?) for an Ontario construction firm. This person said he was 'weird' and often slept in his truck. No indication of how long ago or in what city. So, it could be that he picked up occasional work in the local construction industry but was still without a home, and may have used shelters/food programs. IMO, it would not be unusual for someone who is a bit marginalized in society to end up on construction sites, picking up work whenever they can.

And regarding the Amazing Grace email, I think it was likely just something she'd received and thought her neighbour would also enjoy, so she forwarded it. I don't think that anyone receiving that email could possibly construe it as a signal that the sender was in any kind of danger. I've received similar emails many times.

If Scott is the killer, and I'm not entirely convinced that he was - my theory is that AG discovered him up around her house, perhaps as she was either leaving or returning in her car (hence, she did not have the dogs with her) and that she ordered him off the property in a firm manner that caused him to have some kind of psychotic episode (since he had a problem with authority figures). And that he may have picked up a tool that was there in her garage, and in a rage, savagely killed her. And that the sexual component may have been his way of showing power over her (making him the 'authority' figure, in his mind).

All just MOO.

<snip>

That has me curious also, Hazel. Audrey cancelled her coffee group that was held on Wednesday, but it seems she did not cancel her visit that was scheduled for Thursday morning with the handyman.

I wonder if Audrey was THAT organized that on Monday evening she was cancelling Wednesday appointments, and on Tuesday would have commenced cancelling Thursday appointments, depending on how sick she was.

As the above-mentioned email and the "Amazing Grace" email were both sent on Monday, I believe they remain significant as they were the last communications Audrey had with anyone.

... And regarding the Amazing Grace email, I think it was likely just something she'd received and thought her neighbour would also enjoy, so she forwarded it. I don't think that anyone receiving that email could possibly construe it as a signal that the sender was in any kind of danger. I've received similar emails many times.

If Scott is the killer, and I'm not entirely convinced that he was - my theory is that AG discovered him up around her house, perhaps as she was either leaving or returning in her car (hence, she did not have the dogs with her) and that she ordered him off the property in a firm manner that caused him to have some kind of psychotic episode (since he had a problem with authority figures). And that he may have picked up a tool that was there in her garage, and in a rage, savagely killed her. And that the sexual component may have been his way of showing power over her (making him the 'authority' figure, in his mind).

All just MOO.
<snip>

I respect your opinion greenthumb ... but I still find the choice of "Amazing Grace" quite a funereal song to forward to someone over the festive season, unless the recipient had a recent bereavement. To me, still seems more appropriate and traditional to send either meaningful or upbeat Christmas or New Years messages or tunes.

Given that Audrey was ill enough that she was cancelling appointments a day or so in advance, I question if she was well enough to drive somewhere.

JMO

***Rumour only*** I was recently told (third hand information, so not sure how reliable it is) that Scott at one time worked (as a bricklayer, possibly?) for an Ontario construction firm. This person said he was 'weird' and often slept in his truck. No indication of how long ago or in what city. So, it could be that he picked up occasional work in the local construction industry but was still without a home, and may have used shelters/food programs. IMO, it would not be unusual for someone who is a bit marginalized in society to end up on construction sites, picking up work whenever they can.

And regarding the Amazing Grace email, I think it was likely just something she'd received and thought her neighbour would also enjoy, so she forwarded it. I don't think that anyone receiving that email could possibly construe it as a signal that the sender was in any kind of danger. I've received similar emails many times.

All just MOO.

I agree with your theory greenthumb and I believe that Tuesday is the key day that this may have happened. I believe that DS was picked up on the Wednesday wasn't he? And he must have been wandering around and causing some kind of disturbance for LE to have been called. But I think it's unlikely that he was covered in blood or LE would have been canvassing the neighbourhood that day looking for a victim. So he had probably changed his clothes by the time he was picked up but was still wandering around in some kind of mental disarray.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that AG had gone to her vet for meds for the dogs? Did we ever find out what day that was? Since this happened in the garage, I'm thinking it might have occured either before or after she made a trip in the car. I think she happened upon DS hanging around her property and sternly asked him to leave which set him off.

You just never know what might trigger someone's mental illness. Just think of how many instances of road rage or some other confrontation have resulted in senseless violence and sometimes death. Not too far of a stretch to believe that this could be the case here IMO.

MOO

Has anyone found anything new? I can't seem to find anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member