CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a person of interest. I just think that it was someone who walked the area, possibly looking in windows. Someone who watched Audery and knew she was alone. There was a recent rape in my area where a teen waited until the woman parked her car, then rushed her as she was getting out. Maybe Audery had gone out for a quick ride and was rushed in her garage before the door was closed.
LE probably has no clue and no evidence to link the killer at this point.

Stranger is a possible scenario, but with two Shepherds having pretty much free rein of the house/property, i really think they would have picked up on any strangers nearby. IIRC, LE initially announced they thought the perp was a stranger but they later changed to someone who knew AG, and it does seem they are leaning on some of those who did know her.

As for having taken a drive, her purse was apparently found inside, so i couldn't see her going without her licence/wallet, etc. However, your suggestion that Audrey was being watched might fit with her stated fear about going outside at night without her dogs. Maybe she had recently noted strange behaviour from the dogs (thus her fear), but maybe she did just let her guard down for a minute or so to collect something from the garage and ... :(

There was a post yesterday about cyberbullying which has now been modsnipped. BUT - it got me thinking.......

Scenario:

- could AG have been cyberbullied?

- or, could AG herself have been perceived as a cyberbully?

- did the person who was bullied/bullying learn of AG's address and murdered her?

My theory doesn't really hold water because I'm sure LE have combed through her computers to search for such evidence.

But........thoughts?

With LE going from 'a stranger did this' to 'it's someone Audrey knows', is that pointing to some staging with the crime scene? Specifically the 'sexual component'?

IIRC, LE first said it was a stranger crime but then changed their minds to someone Audrey knew. There was no B&E.

What I don't understand is how LE decided that AG willingly came outdoors to meet this person.

Perhaps LE concluded that because there was no B&E?

:twocents:

--------------

ETA: Regarding staging - we don't seem to know anything about this 'sexual component', do we? This is merely my own opinion, but I think the sexual component was a rape with an object found in the garage followed by taking a trophy of a sexual body part.

Now, if the trophy is correct......did LE find the trophy? Where is it? :moo:

Other potential suspect:

Am I the only one who thought of Audrey when the woman was stabbed and murdered this past week in Toronto's Cabbagetown?

On the video LE has obtained, the killer appears to be a white male. It was an unprovoked, stranger killing.

Apologies for not having a link to the story.:blushing:

It remains unsolved and LE are looking for the weapon - a knife.

NSU- the tape they show on TV news re the murder you refer to really disturbs me. It disturbs me to think that perps walk around, at 3am, armed, and just waiting to strike any female alone. Worst of all there seems to be so many of these wackos walking around.

IIRC, LE first said it was a stranger crime but then changed their minds to someone Audrey knew. There was no B&E.

What I don't understand is how LE decided that AG willingly came outdoors to meet this person.

Perhaps LE concluded that because there was no B&E?

--------------

ETA: Regarding staging - we don't seem to know anything about this 'sexual component', do we? This is merely my own opinion, but I think the sexual component was a rape with an object found in the garage followed by taking a trophy of a sexual body part.

Now, if the trophy is correct......did LE find the trophy? Where is it? :moo:

I don't think it was ever said that Audrey came outside to meet her killer. We only know that her body was found in the garage ... we don't know that she was in fact killed where she was found. IOW, if she was attacked inside her home and there was no B&E, then she opened the door and let in someone she knew.

IMO, if a "trophy" body part was taken by the killer and dispensed with, then it was NOT a trophy. I would therefore suspect that, to go to such lengths to remove a body part and not keep it, would smack that the perp intended it to appear to be a sexual or serial killer crime when in fact it was NOT (ye olde red herring)?

Quoted from sillybilly:

ETA: There was no mention by PK that a snowblower was in the garage. AG's driveway was exceptionally long, so am thinking that she may have had someone on standby who drove a plow

AG might have had a guy who removed snow from her entire area/street. The guy we've hired will do 10 houses on our street and therefore he gives all 10 of us a better deal.

IF there had been a snowfall that was enough to warrant a plow, that might explain the damage to Audrey's mailbox.

With LE going from 'a stranger did this' to 'it's someone Audrey knows', is that pointing to some staging with the crime scene? Specifically the 'sexual component'?

If the "sexual component" involved removal of body parts, I'm thinking the medical examiner may have been able to determine whether such an act occurred pre or post-mortem. If pre-mortem, then I would consider it could relate to a sexual assault (the power/control type perp) or a thrill kill; whereas IF it was post-mortem, then I would consider either staging, or crime of passion where the perp wanted to punctuate the offence with that final indignity.

JMO

ETA: Because Audrey was found, basically fully clothed, I think it unlikely that this was a sexual assault.

I was startled as well sillybilly re the e-mail account.

I deleted that post Woodland ... Hazel found some info that indicates it probablly is not related or suspicious ... just one of those weird coinkydinks :waitasec:

Oh, I hadn't thought of a snowplow (or some other huge truck) damaging the mailbox. Since Audrey's was the only mailbox which was damaged (so claims PK!), it could easily have been a truck/plow/car which was sliding on snowy roads.

That brings me to this - HOW does PK know that Audrey's was the only damaged mailbox? Did he go door-to-door, asking about mailboxes? Did he see the person who damaged the mailbox? Did he do it himself in order to freak Audrey out? And, then become the hero by taking her for that fun trip to the hardware store where they had such a blast!

:truce:

PS. :cupcake:

About the sexual component.....my thoughts:

I don't think the assault/murder of AG was sexual assault + murder per se.

I do think the sexual component was a further manner of disgracing her body.

As far as the so-called trophy goes - I'm now convinced that the killer got rid of it, so it's not a trophy at all. Why did the killer take it in the first place? Either as a red herring as SB said. Or, he realised that there's a wife/family at home and really nowhere to keep it.

:moo:

Other potential suspect:

Am I the only one who thought of Audrey when the woman was stabbed and murdered this past week in Toronto's Cabbagetown?

On the video LE has obtained, the killer appears to be a white male. It was an unprovoked, stranger killing.

Apologies for not having a link to the story.:blushing:

It remains unsolved and LE are looking for the weapon - a knife.

Mother of 4 murdered on way home from nightshift; Toronto - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AG enrolled in a computer course at Mohawk College when she was in her sixties, wrote an exam, was not pleased that she did not receive a perfect mark, as she said she knew she did not make one mistake, went over the teacher's head and the outcome of the complaint was her receiving a perfect mark. (paraphrasing). Has LE talked to everyone in that class, including the teacher and besides JH?

I also wonder what equipment AG rented or purchased from WPE. Who made the delivery if there were any. Did the store do their own deliveries or did they contract the delivery out to a delivery service?

Some thoughts regarding AG contacts.

IMO

Regarding the mailbox - I never bought into the story that AG went back to the hardware store with PK and 'smuggled' out the missing part for the new mailbox. I think it's nonsense considering what we seem to know about Audrey.

Surely Audrey would have her 'moment' with the manager on such poor customer service. I would not 'smuggle' out a part from a store that was mine in the first place and I don't see Audrey finding such pleasure in doing so. Jmo.

Thinking this must have been an anger-fuelled nasty attack with a twist of freaky and wondering who is responsible...

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/audrey-gleave-murder-remains-mystery-one-year-later-1.747175
"Hamilton police described the attack as vicious, saying she had been sexually assaulted stabbed several times and the body suffered significant trauma.

At the time Hamilton Police Det. Staff-Sgt. Steve Hrab called it the most horrific attack he had seen in 10 years, "I've been doing this for quite awhile and this one ranks up there in the top."

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/audrey-...mystery-one-year-later-1.747175#ixzz2AdO4ypNx

Staging of Audrey in her garage is becoming more and more of a reality to me.

Regarding the mailbox - I never bought into the story that AG went back to the hardware store with PK and 'smuggled' out the missing part for the new mailbox. I think it's nonsense considering what we seem to know about Audrey.

Surely Audrey would have her 'moment' with the manager on such poor customer service. I would not 'smuggle' out a part from a store that was mine in the first place and I don't see Audrey finding such pleasure in doing so. Jmo.

“She was so excited, it was her big night,” Phil said. “It was awesome.”

ITA Woodland ... no need to smuggle was there? It was part of what she had already paid for, and ... what makes a 73 y.o. respected teacher/physicist start getting her kicks out of boosting stuff out of a store? Would be more inclined to think that Audrey was put out by the damage to her mailbox, put out that she had to buy a new one, put out by the inconvenience of having to drive to get a part that came with what she paid for ... and would make darn sure that young clerk learned something today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173