CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever revealed whether or not she had house/car keys in her pocket ? I am wondering if she were waiting to meet someone to take them on a test drive of her Camaro, and maybe she became suspicious because the person arrived on foot, as happened in the Tim Bosma case. Perhaps she would have refused to go, someone tried to force her, and it resulted in her death in the garage, then in a panic, a sex attack was staged to cover up that the Camaro was the motive. I keep thinking about that stranger who was seen with a backpack, wearing a hoodie walking down her driveway about the time of her death. Mark Smitch often dressed that way, and wore a backpack, or a bag that resembled one. Were her phone calls really examined ? What about the cell phones that were pinging cell towers about the time of her murder ?

Sphinx I keep running through the same things in my head. The hoodie and walking on foot. I live nearby to where Audrey lived only a different road. Im going to check through the threads and see if I can find the answer to the "keys" question. It could make sense that if she were meeting someone that the dogs would be crated. Otherwise wouldn't she be letting them out to do their business? In any case, I truly hope that LE are having another look at the evidence from Audrey's case in light of what has come of the Tim Bosma trial. I'm trusting that they are.

I want to note:
Journalist ABro a time ago asked for unsolved mysterious crimes to investigate and to write about, but she didn't want to take Audrey's case although I would think it to be verrry interesting for someone like her.

Does that mean something specific - :dunno:

I want to note:
Journalist ABro a time ago asked for unsolved mysterious crimes to investigate and to write about, but she didn't want to take Audrey's case although I would think it to be verrry interesting for someone like her.

Does that mean something specific - :dunno:

I have no idea why ABro has no interest in Audrey's case. Maybe she thinks there is too little evidence, and the trail is too cold, but one interesting thing is that she is going to write a book about the Tim Bosma murder. If any links turn up between Audrey and Mark Smith, Dellon Millard, or their circle of friends, she might become very interested. Just a thought and IMO.

--- Audrey did not have her car for sale
--- Her car was not stolen
--- She was killed in 2010 , long before the Smich/Millard/Babcock/New Hangar/ era
--- Indian Rd / Trinity Rd is way off the beaten path of Millard/Smich
--- Whoever killed Audrey probably knew her
--- The multiple stabbing would indicate an emotional/personal/hatred/anger motive
--- The odds it was a random act by a stranger are very remote
--- There have not been similar murders before or since
--- Audrey had no family so stroke that off the suspects list
--- The list of her friends/associates is very short
--- Look there

The garage door was closed and locked and the alarm was set.

It is a very short list of people who would know how to do that.

The garage door was closed and locked and the alarm was set.

It is a very short list of people who would know how to do that.

I have never heard of an alarm. Do you have sources for that?

Alarm is probably the wrong word .... should have said garage was locked and secure

So does that mean that the killer had Audrey's keys with him when he left, or does it mean he had access to her keys earlier, and made a copy ? Did he maybe drive the car back into the garage with Audrey, or was he her passenger ? Maybe he just surprised her when she was outside, since she had her coat on.

I never leave my house keys on the key ring when I take my car to the auto shop for anything. They hang there, with your name on them in an office, and who knows who might quickly make a copy ?

I could be wrong about her garage door opener .... the types I am familiar with require a code (pin number) to open them but also to close them .... that way a child (for example) could not close the door ..... plus some of them activate the home security system the same way as using a walk-out door keypad.

I presumed Audrey's was a home security system but I could be wrong , maybe it was simply a keyless garage door opener .... and if that was the case the killer could just push the "close door" button and walk away .

Along with her super-protective guard dogs and privacy fetish I presumed she had a home security system as well.

I could be wrong about her garage door opener .... the types I am familiar with require a code (pin number) to open them but also to close them .... that way a child (for example) could not close the door ..... plus some of them activate the home security system the same way as using a walk-out door keypad.

I presumed Audrey's was a home security system but I could be wrong , maybe it was simply a keyless garage door opener .... and if that was the case the killer could just push the "close door" button and walk away .

Along with her super-protective guard dogs and privacy fetish I presumed she had a home security system as well.

I seriously doubt she had a home security system. It has not been mentioned in the press. She was retired, home more than not home. She had the dogs, I doubt she felt she needed the extra expense or trouble of a home security device.

I could be wrong about her garage door opener .... the types I am familiar with require a code (pin number) to open them but also to close them .... that way a child (for example) could not close the door ....

We have the keypad type on 2 garage doors and need pin Nos. to open them but you just have to press enter to close it either on the inside or outside.

--- Audrey did not have her car for sale
--- Her car was not stolen
--- She was killed in 2010 , long before the Smich/Millard/Babcock/New Hangar/ era
--- Indian Rd / Trinity Rd is way off the beaten path of Millard/Smich
--- Whoever killed Audrey probably knew her
--- The multiple stabbing would indicate an emotional/personal/hatred/anger motive
--- The odds it was a random act by a stranger are very remote
--- There have not been similar murders before or since
--- Audrey had no family so stroke that off the suspects list
--- The list of her friends/associates is very short
--- Look there

Thanks for this. I agree 00%.

For anyone following who has been here a while…Audrey, at some point, sponsored or paid for the maintenance of a horse. Why would she do that? Sure, she loved animals but I don't think that she was riding horses at the time (although she may well have in her youth). Regardless, Audrey's "circle" is/was very small. She left everything she had to her close friend LV. Who in her "circle" was connected to horses? LV's nephew. Audrey's will is very specific. She excluded certain LV family members. A sibling of LV's whose son was into horses. Maybe this means nothing. Maybe it means something? Hopefully, maybe, the new detective following Audrey's case, will look into this?

Don't forget…Audrey didn't keep her appointment with PK but she apparently did go to LV's Christmas celebration while she was apparently "under the weather". Who else was there?

Someone please blow this box open! There are so few people involved! Unless it was some obscure one-off stranger (NOT LIKELY GIVEN EVERYTHING KNOWN) this case should not be so difficult to solve!

Don't forget…Audrey didn't keep her appointment with PK but she apparently did go to LV's Christmas celebration while she was apparently "under the weather". Who else was there?

I have not followed this case until recently. Would you be so kind as to give a very brief description of LV and PK, who they are, and how they were involved in Audrey's life ?

About sponsoring a horse -- it sounds to me like it could have been a "rescue" horse, unable to work anymore due to age, chronic health problems, or abuse. Some farms specialize in animals like these, and ask for charity donations, since feed and upkeep ( vet and blacksmith) is expensive, even for retired horses. Maybe someone really resented her spending money on a horse, and not them.

Did she make the contents of her will known while she was alive ? If she cut out a relative, it could have caused resentment, and even hate. In an unstable person, this could have resulted in homicidal intent. Sometimes, too, unstable people are very emotional and unreasonable when it comes to animals. Did someone hate her for stopping the sponsership of a horse when they felt she was rich ? Thanks in advance for your thoughts. IMO

I have not followed this case until recently. Would you be so kind as to give a very brief description of LV and PK, who they are, and how they were involved in Audrey's life ?

Here is a good article by Jon Wells from the Hamilton Spectator

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-/

I think Jon has several other good articles about the case as well. I like his reporting

Edit to add ... here is another link to part 3 of a 4 part series by Jon Wells .... hunt around for the other parts , I had them bookmarked but something screwed up .

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2111178-who-killed-audrey-gleave-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member