Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. And my next question was : WHY ? Why hang her body from the pool railing ? Something important here, imo.

Not saying I support this view, but if Barry strangled her elsewhere he could have tied her up at the pool to make it look like either a double murder or double suicide to take the murder stigma away from him, or he could have wanted to die next to her?? Doesn't make much sense, just speculating.

If she died in the dressing room then he could just take the elevator to the basement.Then he could go back the same way and get the jackets and belts.Just speculation.

Most of the info on here so far is from unnamed sources and speculation. LE is perusing this case as a suspicious death. Very little info has been released by TPS.

Surely they aren't just assuming murder/suicide since no forced entry was found. There have been countless murder cases where the home/s showed no forced entry. They easily could have opened the door or it may not have even been locked at the time.

Has LE said in detail what evidence they have that shows them this was a murder/suicide? tia

Dear OceanBlueEyes,

So great to see you here!

Unfortunately there was a mention of quote from the police that they were considering this to be a "murder-suicide".

This statement was made even before the post mortem examinations took place.

I do not judge the police in any way, especially since I cannot find a direct quote from an officer actually saying this .

This seemed to me to be a double murder.

I have been suspecting that this was a professional "hit" . There are viable suspects, some who have felt personally wronged and full of rage, as well as mafia connections who may have felt wronged as well by Barry Sherman. Just possibilities but they certainly exist !

It was if they were placed in a grotesque and humilating manner. That's why it seemed personal and revengeful to me.

The fact that one of their children could have found their parents in this horrendous and shocking way makes me feel that this was not a murder-suicide.

The extreme manner sounds more like it was "staged" more than anything else.

I certainly agree that "no forced entry" doesn't mean no one else was there.

Just my opinion, of course.

If she died in the dressing room then he could just take the elevator to the basement.Then he could go back the same way and get the jackets and belts.Just speculation.

She could have died in the change room or bathroom next to the pool. It still would be another location...if in fact she did die in another location. It is all speculation and rumous until there is a reference to an actual TPS statement.
The only official statement was the COD. http://toronto.citynews.ca/2017/12/...se-cause-of-death-of-barry-and-honey-sherman/

In my opinion, the house up for sale could have made them more vulnerable to attack.

Not just the open house two weeks earlier than their deaths but people are known to let their guards down with real estate agents popping by.

Perhaps the security systems were not used as diligently as before the house went on the market.

This "hit" could have been in the planning for quite some time. Could someone involved have been to the open house for surveillance?

Or they could have inquired behind the scenes and learned more.

I am leaning towards a professional hit resulting in a double murder.

The way their bodies were "posed" seems to me that the murders (if that is what it is) were "personal" and "hateful".

In my opinion, the house up for sale could have made them more vulnerable to attack.

Not just the open house two weeks earlier than their deaths but people are known to let their guards down with real estate agents popping by.

Perhaps the security systems were not used as diligently as before the house went on the market.

This "hit" could have been in the planning for quite some time. Could someone involved have been to the open house for surveillance?

Or they could have inquired behind the scenes and learned more.

I am leaning towards a professional hit resulting in a double murder.

The way their bodies were "posed" seems to me that the murders (if that is what it is) were "personal" and "hateful".

I can't believe they would have an open house while still living there in this high-end home! Anyone could have come in. Someone could have cased the place or even one of his lawsuit enemies could have come in and checked the camera locations and maybe someone who came in shut off that camera in the pool area. You have to put down your name, but they could make that up.

IIRC, there is potential for somebody to install an elevator but no elevator currently exists. JMO

I can't believe they would have an open house while still living there in this high-end home! Anyone could have come in. Someone could have cased the place or even one of his lawsuit enemies could have come in and checked the camera locations and maybe someone who came in shut off that camera in the pool area. You have to put down your name, but they could make that up.

You can’t just “shut off” a camera on a security system. Have to have access to codes whether on a phone, iPad and/or a control panel etc

Toronto Life did a feature on the house just a day before the deaths...

There was a report that LE thought she was killed elsewhere. She could have been strangled elsewhere, leaving bodily fluids in that location, then later tied up/hung by the pool.

Men’s belts.

We don’t know what the Sherman’s did the day this happened, the hours before. Were they together all day? Were they doing separate things, was he at the office? Was she running errands for the upcoming trip? I would think that cc receipts were loooked at. Maybe he came home to pick her up to go out for dinner.

It was probably an agent's open house.

I am having a difficult time with the "sources" saying 3 important discoveries.

The police don't seem to have mentioned them and some papers are running with what the quotes from "sources" have said.

I have nothing against the Toronto Sun and perhaps the source's information is viable or perhaps the source is wrong. I wish I knew that any of this has been verified.

The Toronto Sun quotes sources as saying:

1. That Honey Sherman was killed in another area of the house
2. Belts were used
3. Jackets were pulled back onto their arms

Police haven't made statements to the above.

Toronto Sun states a source says Honey Sherman was killed in another area of the house:

"Sources close to the case believe Honey may have been killed in a secondary location in the $6.9 million Old Colony Rd. house and then moved to the location where she was later found with her deceased husband."

The Toronto Sun quotes "a source":

:http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/much-loved-billionaire-couple-found-dead-in-north-york-mansion

Was she attacked upstairs for a man’s belt( if that’s what it was) to be used.
Was Mr. Sherman not at home at that time.?

Dear OceanBlueEyes,

So great to see you here!

Unfortunately there was a mention of quote from the police that they were considering this to be a "murder-suicide".

This statement was made even before the post mortem examinations took place.

I do not judge the police in any way, especially since I cannot find a direct quote from an officer actually saying this .

This seemed to me to be a double murder.

I have been suspecting that this was a professional "hit" . There are viable suspects, some who have felt personally wronged and full of rage, as well as mafia connections who may have felt wronged as well by Barry Sherman. Just possibilities but they certainly exist !

It was if they were placed in a grotesque and humilating manner. That's why it seemed personal and revengeful to me.

The fact that one of their children could have found their parents in this horrendous and shocking way makes me feel that this was not a murder-suicide.

The extreme manner sounds more like it was "staged" more than anything else.

I certainly agree that "no forced entry" doesn't mean no one else was there.

Just my opinion, of course.

I would say murdering someone by hanging them in a sitting position would be virtually impossible as all they would have to do is sit up and take the strain off the belt. They would have to physically hold them down which would cause secondary injuries that would be quite evident. If you are going to hang someone intentionally you have to get their feet off the ground. Anybody that is hanged from such a low bar has done it intentionally or accidentally. Thats just common sense.

I would say murdering someone by hanging them in a sitting position would be virtually impossible as all they would have to do is sit up and take the strain off the belt. They would have to physically hold them down which would cause secondary injuries that would be quite evident. If you are going to hang someone intentionally you have to get their feet off the ground. Anybody that is hanged from such a low bar has done it intentionally or accidentally. Thats just common sense.

Yes, and that is probably where the murder/suicide theory came from.

You can’t just “shut off” a camera on a security system. Have to have access to codes whether on a phone, iPad and/or a control panel etc

Exactly. And you'd have to know that the camera was there and where to shut it off without being seen. Cops have already viewed whatever footage there is, which was likely what led them to their original suicide theory.

Exactly. And you'd have to know that the camera was there and where to shut it off without being seen. Cops have already viewed whatever footage there is, which was likely what led them to their original suicide theory.

One of the reporters mentioned an ADT security tech showing up at the house on Monday to help with footage, etc.

I am positive they would get a lot of info from the security history. I can check my history for days. Not sure exactly how far back I can go as I have never tried for more than a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artton