CANADA Canada - BC, Pacific Spirit Regional Park, WhtMale 30-49, high quality dental work, Jul'73

breachtones

Reaction score
Vancouver John Doe

Date of discovery: July 22, 1973
Location of discovery: Pacific Spirit Regional Park, Vancouver, British Columbia
Estimated date of death: Approximately June 30, 1973
State of remains: Not stated
Cause of death: Not stated

Physical Description
Estimated age:
30-49
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'9
Weight: 168 lbs
Hair colour: Brown, long
Eye colour: Unknown
Distinguishing characteristics: Long, brown hair. Significant amount of high quality dental work, including several extracted teeth. Healthy. May have been despondent when last seen alive.

Identifiers
Dentals:
Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing
- Brown, cloth, "Palermo" windbreaker.
- Blue, cloth, button-down shirt from a Toronto-based brand.
- Black, leather belt.
- Cotton, green, corduroy pants with flared legs.
- Green and red, cloth, swim shorts.
- Cotton socks with grey, red, and white stripes.
- Black, leather, "Valenti" oxford shoes.

Accessories
- Gold, metal glasses.
- Gold, metal "Timex" wristwatch.

Circumstances of discovery
On July 22, 1973, the body of a healthy Caucasian adult male believed to be between the ages of 30-49 was discovered in the Pacific Spirit Regional Park in Vancouver, British Columbia. He had a significant amount of high quality dental work, including several extracted teeth. It is believed he died on or around June 30, 1973 and may have been despondent when he was last seen alive.

Sources:
Canada's Missing
Unidentified Wiki

I submitted John McLean (3873DMBC - John McLean) as a potential match for this UID yesterday.
The age, race, gender, height, weight, hair colour, and circumstances match up with this doe. It's an approximately 20 minute drive from West Vancouver to Pacific Spirit Regional Park. I think he looks quite similar to the sketch too. McLean went missing 5 months to the day that this doe was speculated to have died.

Thoughts?

I submitted John McLean (3873DMBC - John McLean) as a potential match for this UID yesterday.
The age, race, gender, height, weight, hair colour, and circumstances match up with this doe. It's an approximately 20 minute drive from West Vancouver to Pacific Spirit Regional Park. I think he looks quite similar to the sketch too. McLean went missing 5 months to the day that this doe was speculated to have died.

Thoughts?
Seems to fit the details and circumstances well. Dentals for McLean are unknown, however. Also the Canada's Missing sketch shows the UID with glasses. McLean's pic has no glasses and shorter hair, but 5 months growth would easily change that. In 1973, any male's hair over the ears or collar was considered "long hair".

Thoughts?

Ruled out by DNA it seems. :(

Sketch
showImage

Any possibility that this may be Guy Carignan? Missing from Trois-Rivières, Québec, reportedly heading towards Vancouver with a female friend who has never been successfully located. Same height and eerily same glasses, though this could be a coincidence.
1666890829281.png

He's under the age range though (23 at the time of disappearance) and the UP is about 30 pounds heavier. It is also stated there is a red birth mark on his chest but perhaps a month of decomposition in the summer may have taken care of that?

Guy's Missing Person's Page

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member