CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

I hold the same views.

The trustees played a part in the investigation not getting off to a good start, imo. Almost immediately they blocked TPS access to Barry’s office and Apotex/Sherfam information until a deal to see part of the evidence was negotiated weeks later. I understand wanting to protect Apotex files, but for me that raised a red flag.
I was not overly concerned with this. Data is very hard to permanently delete and hide with todays technologies in play, always a trail with emails and text messages etc. the lawyers were doing the job they were hired by Apotex to do, protect Apotex intellectual property. BS died, regardless how and or why IMO any law firm would have done the same, that is their role. They may have considered immediately that BS was murdered and someone may target Apotex intelligence and went into protect mode. My understanding is that the lawyers did the editing without the Sherfam team influence.

I think it's appalling the police did not show the walking man video the moment they confirmed with the neighbours they ha no idea who he was. The video should have gone out like an amber alert.
I have two friends in that area and one on the street. Both were never approached by the police ever.
I wonder if LE have an idea who the WM is and could not prove it so last attempt to ask public, like a line up but only one guy in it.

Wow. Did those friends have cameras visible to the street?

I think police in real life are so different than police on crime shows. Years ago I was at a client's house twice a day and between the 2 visits, someone got into her house through a sliding glass door that had a defective lock. I was the only person in her house that day and the cops never contacted me. It's obviously not a murder but I waited for them to call and nothing happened.
Did your client have cameras inside and outside?

I wonder if LE have an idea who the WM is and could not prove it so last attempt to ask public, like a line up but only one guy in it.

Wow. Did those friends have cameras visible to the street?
We don't really know how long it took for LE to gather all of the different videos from around the Sherman's neighbourhood. We also don't know how long it took LE to identify and eliminate people appearing on the videos as suspects until only one was left (NW) who they could not identify. It would take much time and work to be able to do this. Then, LE would be able to show the NW to the public and ask for help in identifying the NW. This all would be in addition to anything and everything that LE would also have been doing with regards to this case. It's very hard work.

I was not overly concerned with this. Data is very hard to permanently delete and hide with todays technologies in play, always a trail with emails and text messages etc. the lawyers were doing the job they were hired by Apotex to do, protect Apotex intellectual property. BS died, regardless how and or why IMO any law firm would have done the same, that is their role. They may have considered immediately that BS was murdered and someone may target Apotex intelligence and went into protect mode. My understanding is that the lawyers did the editing without the Sherfam team influence.
You’re right, but Barry’s office was a bit unusual because he had stacks of papers on every surface. He liked making notes and kept every one of them. He liked to micromanage and leave little notes for other people.

That gave me pause when the trustees didn’t want the police in his office.
I’d personally want to start there and shift through each note in case he jotted down a last-minute meeting or request from someone that may have called him.

Maybe TPS is just too busy serving coffee to demonstrators and protestors…
If HR and her business was targeted for supporting Israeli charities, wondering what would have happened if H& BS were still alive, and if and how they would respond to similar demon strations?

''They had picked a target long linked to support of Israel: Indigo and its CEO, Heather Reisman.''
''Kirzner-Roberts said this was no misdemeanour mischief, because it targeted a Jewish business owner for supporting an Israeli charity, something that would apply to many Jews.
“If Heather Reisman is fair game. I’m fair game, and so is every single Jew that I know,” she said.''

My question then is, how could the Apotex lawyers identify the Intellectual property?

Is it everything? Did they have Sherfam and Apotex with them vetting everything. Lawyers tend not to be very knowledgeable in the area of chemistry and pharmaceuticals, they would have need some assistance. My experience with zealous lawyers is that everything would be intellectual property, with the exception of a few dribs and drabs to mollify the TPS.

I can only wonder what the Shermans would think about the Mount Sinai Hospital incident, one of the more shocking incidents targeting Jews in North America. The hospital, with its Jewish roots, is a Canadian institution with no relationship to Israel. Toronto police investigating demonstration outside of Mount Sinai Hospital after Trudeau calls it 'reprehensible' antisemitism

The Shermans had been substantial donors to Mount Sinai over the years. Trail of donations show causes Barry and Honey Sherman held dear

Since they owned real estate in Florida, perhaps the Shermans would have decided to leave Canada. Apotex also had a factory planned in the US. I'm sure they would have felt betrayed by their community and their country.

I can only wonder what the Shermans would think about the Mount Sinai Hospital incident, one of the more shocking incidents targeting Jews in North America. The hospital, with its Jewish roots, is a Canadian institution with no relationship to Israel. Toronto police investigating demonstration outside of Mount Sinai Hospital after Trudeau calls it 'reprehensible' antisemitism

The Shermans had been substantial donors to Mount Sinai over the years. Trail of donations show causes Barry and Honey Sherman held dear

Since they owned real estate in Florida, perhaps the Shermans would have decided to leave Canada. Apotex also had a factory planned in the US. I'm sure they would have felt betrayed by their community and their country.

I think Honey would be standing up to this, would be very outspoken and would rallying Jewish leaders from every profession.

Especially because she was born in a DP camp. She’d be leading the resistance to this recent outbreak of antisemitism, imo.

If HR and her business was targeted for supporting Israeli charities, wondering what would have happened if H& BS were still alive, and if and how they would respond to similar demon strations?

''They had picked a target long linked to support of Israel: Indigo and its CEO, Heather Reisman.''
''Kirzner-Roberts said this was no misdemeanour mischief, because it targeted a Jewish business owner for supporting an Israeli charity, something that would apply to many Jews.
“If Heather Reisman is fair game. I’m fair game, and so is every single Jew that I know,” she said."
Was it just a coincidence that BS and HS who were one of Canada's richest Jewish couples and supporters of Israel were murdered (December 13, 2017) during the week and between when it was the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine's (PFLP) 50th anniversary on December 11, 2017 and the 30th anniversary of Hamas on December 14, 2017?

Der geizige Narzisst - UMGANG mit NARZISSTEN
(The stingy narcissist)

Soo very interesting!
Unfortunately, I can't link the translation for you. Because of the copyright I can't post the content (and it's ALL worth it).
When you open the article, you may have the opportunity to click right and translate into another language. (I can do it and can translate into English.)

-.-.-
When I found the article, I was actually searching for something like "Do rich people cheat more than non-rich people?"
Great article! Thanks for sharing

Basically, it says that greed is the inability to let go of things you have in abundance and no longer need or can even use up by yourself. Narcissists can turn out to be extremely stingy people who begrudge others even the simplest pleasures. They might take pleasure in harassing those around them with their frugality, feeling superior at the same time because they have more than others.

Thinking about the reward money, $35 million CDN. Likely payout conditions are based on the "Arrest and Conviction of the individuals.....". Even if you went to the TPS with names and evidence that allowed Criminal charges to be laid, it would be many years before the case would be finally resolved. Quite possibly five to ten years before all the appeals are done.

That fact alone could be keeping lips sealed. How could one be safe waiting all those years?

So even if the TPS have a pretty good theory of what happened, I do not believe the reward has much impact in bringing new information.

Thinking about the reward money, $35 million CDN. Likely payout conditions are based on the "Arrest and Conviction of the individuals.....". Even if you went to the TPS with names and evidence that allowed Criminal charges to be laid, it would be many years before the case would be finally resolved. Quite possibly five to ten years before all the appeals are done.

That fact alone could be keeping lips sealed. How could one be safe waiting all those years?

So even if the TPS have a pretty good theory of what happened, I do not believe the reward has much impact in bringing new information.
I’ve always wondered how the reward would be administered. Who assesses the information? Who makes the decision about whether it should be paid and when? What if there is a dispute about that? Also, does the reward necessarily correlate to a conviction? Is there a way to know what the terms are? If the reward does correlate to a conviction, should it? It would seem unjust if the information was good, but due to procedural or other reasons, a conviction didn’t follow. I agree with you that if there are all kind of blue poles are delays, the reward is basically meaningless because in the interim the person could be in real danger. And they would not even get the time value of the money.

Also, to get the reward, must the tip go to the police? Or someone else? Either way, is the person putting up the money made aware of the tip and/or the tipster before it is paid out? And what if one of the sponsors of the reward is actually implicated in the tip?

I’ve always wondered how the reward would be administered. Who assesses the information? Who makes the decision about whether it should be paid and when? What if there is a dispute about that? Also, does the reward necessarily correlate to a conviction? Is there a way to know what the terms are? If the reward does correlate to a conviction, should it? It would seem unjust if the information was good, but due to procedural or other reasons, a conviction didn’t follow. I agree with you that if there are all kind of blue poles are delays, the reward is basically meaningless because in the interim the person could be in real danger. And they would not even get the time value of the money.
Sorry- that was supposed to say “procedural delays” not “blue poles are delays” :/

Sorry- that was supposed to say “procedural delays” not “blue poles are delays” :/
Lol, wondered about that!
1713916998051.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bnicole*