Found Deceased Canada- Brian Lush, 51, transport truck driver from NFLD, cctv last shows him getting out of his truck @ gas station in Summerstown, Ont, 24/4/24

dotr

Reaction score
1714238129687.png
''Brian Lush, 51, is a transport truck driver and was expected on the east coast this week, but he did not turn up. His family last heard from him on Wednesday.

According to police, Brian's family tracked his truck's GPS to a gas station on County Road 27 in Summerstown, Ont., just east of Cornwall. Police found his truck, which had his personal belongings inside, but Brian remains missing.''

"Surveillance video shows the missing man getting out of his truck at the gas station just after 4:30 p.m. on April 24, 2024, and walking to the front of his truck. He is not seen again on video," police said in a news release Friday.

Brian is described as 5-foot-10 (178 cm), with a medium build, around 200 lbs (91 kg). He has brown eyes and short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue hoodie, jeans and a ball cap.

The OPP searched the area, including with dogs and drones, in an attempt to locate the man.

Anyone with information should contact the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry OPP Detachment at 1-888-310-1122 and reference incident E240508329.''

''A mystery is unfolding in Ontario where a Newfoundland long-haul truck driver has gone missing, leaving family members back home desperate for information.

Fifty-one-year-old Brian Lush of Stephenville reportedly parked his transport truck at a Petro Pass truck stop in Summertown, Ont., near Cornwall, on Wednesday, but he hasn’t been seen since.

Lush was captured on surveillance video that day, wearing a blue hoodie, jeans and a ball cap.''

1714238521273.png

This gas station is right off the 401, and there is nothing nearby.
All of the postings on Facebook say the image on the left is him entering the store at 2:15. He purchased something then was on camera in front of his truck at 4:30. There are photos of the truck too. I’ll see if I can find a link to one.

rbbm
''Family members starting on Thursday afternoon started making social media posts that were rapidly being widely-shared, regarding the whereabouts of Brian Lush, 51, a long-haul trucker with the company Downhome Movers and who was last heard from on Wednesday afternoon.''

Michelle Rice, a friend of the family, said Lush regularly travels between Newfoundland and Alberta, and the work is routine.
“This is very unlike him (to not be in contact with family),” Rice said.
Rice said she’s not aware of any medical issues that would lead to what at this point is a deep mystery that has family and friends extremely worried.
“His truck has been parked in the same place for the last couple of days,” Rice said. “There’s nothing that explains this.”

1714251878274.png

rbbm
''Brian Lush, 51, is a transport truck driver and was expected on the east coast this week, but he did not turn up. His family last heard from him on Wednesday.

According to police, Brian's family tracked his truck's GPS to a gas station on County Road 27 in Summerstown, Ont., just east of Cornwall. Police found his truck, which had his personal belongings inside, but Brian remains missing.

"Surveillance video shows the missing man getting out of his truck at the gas station just after 4:30 p.m. on April 24, 2024, and walking to the front of his truck. He is not seen again on video," police said in a news release Friday.''

Oh my, this is so odd. People don't just disappear. I wonder if another vehicle parked in front of his truck and he went somewhere in that other vehicle. Sometimes drivers go missing because someone steals their cargo, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I hope he is safe and just taking some time away.

Snipped...
...SD&G OPP say someone partially matching Brian Lush’s description was seen along the westbound lanes of the highway near Boundary Road between 10:30 a.m. and noon on Thursday (April 25).

“We appreciate offers of assistance from the public, but untrained civilians can actually interfere with our work, contaminating potential scent trails that our Canines could track, and interfere with possible evidence or signs that could lead us to locate Brian,” reads Monday morning’s statement.

Lush — who is described as 5-foot-11-inches tall, 200 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes — was last seen wearing a blue hoodie, jeans, and possibly a ball cap.''

Tragically, Brian Lush was found deceased today, no foul play suspected. The cause of death is not being released “out of respect for family”. To me this implies suicide, but it’s purely my assumption.

Tragically, Brian Lush was found deceased today, no foul play suspected. The cause of death is not being released “out of respect for family”. To me this implies suicide, but it’s purely my assumption.

There are comments on family and friends sm pages about him not knowing how much he was loved, so my thoughts are similar.

I work in the trucking infustry(in a small trucking company similar to Brian’s, within 25 minutes of where he disappeared), and all of our drivers and employees have been watching for him. This is heartbreaking. My understanding is that his partner(his children’s mother) has been very sick as well and he was helping to care for her in addition to working. I truly hope those kids(I know they’re adults but they are so young) don’t lose both parents.

From link, ty..
View attachment 501070
This Petro-Pass in Summerstown, Ont., is the last known location of Brian Lush. (Maxim Allain/CBC)
''Jake White, Lush's son, said his father didn't want to go on the trip. He said Lush wanted to stay home with his family. Chloe and Jake's mom is sick, and Lush's own mother died recently, he said.''

very sad
if only he had been able to stay home ...
RIP Brian

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn