Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://toronto.citynews.ca/video/20...view-on-his-interactions-with-bruce-mcarthur/

In the long version of the city news interview with the contractor he mentions that most of BM's customers were older individuals (60/70/80+). As unfortunate as it, is the thought crossed my mind that some of his clients may have naturally passed away or moved from their homes to assisted living. As a result its possible that some homes with planters may be owned currently by relatives or new individuals who have no idea that BM ever worked on the property...

Hopefully the client list they have of his is detailed so they can track these down, either that or i hope they are following up with every contractor hes ever known to have worked with

Just throwing this out there, but can anyone tell from the black and white pics of BM as a younger man if he was light eyed and haired?
Also if he was in Vancouver circa 2003?
This man, a flight attendant was murdered at home likely by a date gone bad.
Although as far as we know BM disposed of his victims away from their homes, but would his m/o change if he was out of his usual stomping grounds and accessibility to " hiding " places?
In this link below, a Parabon Photo of a suspect is linked, although it does not account for weight or height, fwiw. speculation.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?263312-Canada-Edgar-quot-Iggy-quot-Leonardo-36-Vancouver-23-Aug-2003&p=13877994&highlight=edgar+leonardo#post13877994
[h=2]Edgar "Iggy" Leonardo, 36, Vancouver, 23 Aug 2003[/h]

http://toronto.citynews.ca/video/20...view-on-his-interactions-with-bruce-mcarthur/

In the long version of the city news interview with the contractor he mentions that most of BM's customers were older individuals (60/70/80+). As unfortunate as it, is the thought crossed my mind that some of his clients may have naturally passed away or moved from their homes to assisted living. As a result its possible that some homes with planters may be owned currently by relatives or new individuals who have no idea that BM ever worked on the property...

Hopefully the client list they have of his is detailed so they can track these down, either that or i hope they are following up with every contractor hes ever known to have worked with

TPS commented earlier in a tv 'interview' that some homes may have changed hands and if any neighbours recalled seeing BM at homes, please call it in.

Cant imagine up ending a plant urn and finding human remains at the bottom!! ghastly!

TPS commented earlier in a tv 'interview' that some homes may have changed hands and if any neighbours recalled seeing BM at homes, please call it in.

Cant imagine up ending a plant urn and finding human remains at the bottom!! ghastly!
Wondering if the average dog would pause and sniff at a planter that may have retained some scent?
There are large flower pots all down Yonge Street. in midtown and elsewhere, would BM slip something into any of those even if he may not have designed the arrangements?
speculation.imo.

Dogs will sniff and pee at anything. Unfortunately in these cases a dogs natural behaviour would not have been seen as anything other than a little more interest in a large object to pee on. Hindsight is a wonderful thing :(

Did any locals make it to the community gathering tonight in honor of the victims? I'm wondering how it went, and thinking of everyone :heartbeat:.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...urs-memory-of-gay-village-murder-victims.html
[h=1]Community gathers ‘for healing’ as it honours memory of Gay Village murder victims[/h]“This isn’t a gay tragedy, this isn’t a race tragedy, this isn’t a gender tragedy. This is a human tragedy. This is a tragedy for our city and for our country and for our world,” said Rev. Jeff Rock.
They gathered in anger, sorrow, fear and solidarity.

In the wake of last week’s terrifying police revelation that a serial killer is behind the disappearance and murder of at least five men in Toronto’s Gay Village, close to 300 people filled Metropolitan Community Church Sunday evening to remember the victims with song and prayer.

“We are all here because we need to be here,” Rev. Sam Morris told the vigil. “For community, for healing and for sacred space.”
Rock shared that he uses online dating apps and frequents nightclubs in the Gay Village, just as some of the men who where murdered.

So in the rush to know what happened, he urged those gathered not to let “victim blaming and suspicion to divide us.”

“Now more than ever we need solidarity, across the lines that divide us. Across the lines of race, religion, or gender or sexuality,” he said.

link not working due to high volume of visitors

Just throwing this out there, but can anyone tell from the black and white pics of BM as a younger man if he was light eyed and haired?
Also if he was in Vancouver circa 2003?
This man, a flight attendant was murdered at home likely by a date gone bad.
Although as far as we know BM disposed of his victims away from their homes, but would his m/o change if he was out of his usual stomping grounds and accessibility to " hiding " places?
In this link below, a Parabon Photo of a suspect is linked, although it does not account for weight or height, fwiw. speculation.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?263312-Canada-Edgar-quot-Iggy-quot-Leonardo-36-Vancouver-23-Aug-2003&p=13877994&highlight=edgar+leonardo#post13877994
[h=2]Edgar "Iggy" Leonardo, 36, Vancouver, 23 Aug 2003[/h]

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...etail-offices-before-move-to-landscaping.html
Foot hosted McArthur and his wife, Janice, for two to three weeks in London when they went on a trip to Europe around 1980.
While he was with Stanfield’s, McArthur worked in the Greater Toronto Area servicing retailers like Hudson’s Bay and Sears, said Porteous, who has been with the company for a couple of years.

Eventually, McArthur left the retail world and began landscaping

Was anyone here able to attend the memorial service last night at Metropolitan United? According to the CBC news report, the victims were remembered and honoured, but their killer's name was deliberately (and appropriately, IMO) never spoken.

SillyBilly, dotr or another admin:

On the first page of this forum, one of BM’s potential victims displays a picture of BM.

Could one of you please remove BM’s pic and replace it with one of Skanda Navaratnam?

Thank you.

I hear that there is an alert button to inform admins of offensive links, but I can’t find one. Does one exist in Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
c7fb8627fcb57a17a5292c66a9082b66.jpg

On the first page of this forum, one of BM’s potential victims displays a picture of BM.

Could one of you please remove BM’s pic and replace it with one of Skanda Navaratnam?

Thank you.

I hear that there is an alert button to inform admins of offensive links, but I can’t find one. Does one exist in Tapatalk?

cache.php
Hoping it is not one of my posts,. Sorry, wish i could help- but i cannot do anything about that as i am neither a mod or administrator.

Hoping it is not one of my posts,. Sorry, wish i could help- but i cannot do anything about that as i am neither a mod or administrator.

I am so sorry, dotr. Because of all that you post and all the help that you extend to so many WSers on such a vast number of different cases, I assumed that you were a mod or an admin. [emoji6] Thank you very much for all that you do.

Very interesting article

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2018/02/04/western-university-prof-touts-homicide-tracking-algorithm

Western University criminology professor Michael Arntfield is referring to an algorithm that’s been developed by the Murder Accountability Project he says has the potential to solve many unsolved murders in the United States and to identify serial killers.

It’s been a busy week for Arntfield, whose expertise and books about serial killers, such as Murder City, about unsolved murders in London, has been tapped across Canada by those trying to understand the recent arrest of a Toronto landscaper, Bruce McArthur, 66, on five counts of murder in the deaths of five missing men from Toronto’s gay community.

Thank you.

cache.php

What you are seeing isn't because the tagline is saying that photo is Skanda. Tapatalk just highlights a photo that has been posted in the thread (just happens to be a photo of McArthur) and the line underneath is the thread title. The photo isn't actually attached to Skanda's name, it's just the way Tapatalk displays it. If you have a look at other threads in tapatalk, you will see a variety of photos that show up above a thread title - they aren't always of the victim.

What you are seeing isn't because the tagline is saying that photo is Skanda. Tapatalk just highlights a photo that has been posted in the thread (just happens to be a photo of McArthur) and the line underneath is the thread title. The photo isn't actually attached to Skanda's name, it's just the way Tapatalk displays it. If you have a look at other threads in tapatalk, you will see a variety of photos that show up above a thread title - they aren't always of the victim.

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain. It is a shame that the algorithm works that way in instances such as this particular one.

It sounds as if you are familiar with Tapatalk. Do you know if the WS “alert” button is accessible from posts in Tapatalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member