Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how many months ago did vaccination begin???

I had my first vaccination on March 6th along with primary health care providers. By then, the long term care homes and First Nations in remote areas had already received their first vaccinations, but vaccinating the general public had not yet begun.

Fully vaccinated people have gotten the Delta COVID variant. Should we be worried? - Macleans.ca

I just posted this on the main Covid thread.
Good article on the Delta variant in Canada.
Interesting that people working in the mines spread the virus to other locations in Canada. My cousin was working in the diamond mines and he would travel to Nova Scotia sometimes during his time off after a few weeks working in the mines without a break. He has retired now, but I can understand how this would spread Covid around the country unless they have a good testing protocol.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-vaccine-first-dose-1.6060834

For months now, noted American cardiologist and researcher Eric Topol has been keenly following the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines around the world. And he can't say enough good things about his northern neighbour's fast and sudden rise to the top.

His frequent praise for Canada can be found on Twitter, including a recent tweet lauding the country for "pulling away, setting a new pace and ceiling for 1st dose vaccinations of major countries."

It's a rise to the top that he says is mostly due to "the culture" of Canada.

In an interview with CBC News, Topol said Canadians are more science-based, less vaccine-hesitant and certainly less likely to be "anti-vaxx" than those in his own country.

But other experts note it's actually a confluence of factors that has put Canada on track to become the world leader when it comes to the share of its population inoculated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

[...]

A confluence of factors ... (smiley face with hand on chin ... pondering)

"Canada's rise has mostly happened due to its strategy of betting on vaccinating as many people as possible with a first dose and delaying the second dose, he said in an email to CBC News.
"This means that Canada now has one of the lowest ratio of first to second doses in the world," he said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal