CANADA Canada - David MacDermott, 30, Kitchener, Ontario, 9 Nov 2002

I wish I could share my theory, but it is one the police are looking into so for that reason, I can't share my theory at this time.. just in case. However, I do believe that his so called "friend" that he lived with, knows exactly what happened to him.
Thank you for your input, Colleen. I tracked down the video from yesterday's Global News coverage, and you and your family are so strong, brave, and deserve answers and closure. I hope law enforcement can re-establish contact with your brother's roommate after all these years, and that your theory is being vigorously explored.

Thank you for your input, Colleen. I tracked down the video from yesterday's Global News coverage, and you and your family are so strong, brave, and deserve answers and closure. I hope law enforcement can re-establish contact with your brother's roommate after all these years, and that your theory is being vigorously explored.

Thank you!
Colleen

Colleen,

I live in Cedar Hill and when my kids and I go geo-caching down Mill/Stirling, and through all of the Iron Horse trail in the East Ward, I often think of your brother. You just never know what you'll find.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/focus-turns-to-missing-in-bruce-mcarthur-case-1.3851978
March 21 2018
McArthur has so far been charged with six deaths and has not yet entered a plea. His lawyer has not responded to repeated requests for comment. Police won't say how many potential victims there could be, but they are reviewing hundreds of missing person reports in Toronto as well as elsewhere in Canada and places where he has traveled, including Italy and Mexico.
"We are tracing his whereabouts as far back as we can go," said Sgt. Hank Idsinga, the lead detective in the case.

Police say McArthur allegedly targeted men he met through dating apps that cater to gay men, at bars in the "Gay Village" area of Toronto, as well as male prostitutes.
More than 600 people have been reported missing in the police precinct that includes the Gay Village over the last four years and about 30 cases remain open
Linda Shaw of Waterloo, Ontario, has closely monitored the case for any word of her son, 30-year-old David MacDermott. He was last seen in November 2002 at a gay nightclub in Kitchener, about a 90-minute drive from downtown Toronto. She says she doesn't have any reason to believe he was a victim of McArthur, but she runs to the phone each time it rings in hopes that it could bring news about him.

"I sit and listen about the McArthur story on TV constantly, constantly," Shaw said. "You think 'Wow, could this be the answer, could this please?' We literally beg God."
rbbm.

Regarding the investigation McArthur was connected to the disappearance of Dave MacDermott in Kitchener: There is a connection with a friend of McArthur's and a person who worked at the club MacDermott was last at the night he disappeared.

The same person also worked at a club in Toronto directly across the street from McArthur's favourite bar. Pretty good chance McArthur also knew this person, at least in passing.

The assumption is the police looked into this already.

Regarding the investigation McArthur was connected to the disappearance of Dave MacDermott in Kitchener: There is a connection with a friend of McArthur's and a person who worked at the club MacDermott was last at the night he disappeared.

The same person also worked at a club in Toronto directly across the street from McArthur's favourite bar. Pretty good chance McArthur also knew this person, at least in passing.

The assumption is the police looked into this already.
To be honest, I have my doubts that they looked into anything regarding McArthur and anyone local. It was suggested to them, but I'm guessing they haven't looked to far into it considering they seem to be doing nothing.
We are at a loss for where to go from here due to the lack of communication from our police dept. Brutal.

CTV’s Nicole Lampa is investigating some of Waterloo Region’s cold cases this week on CTV News.
rbbm.
Kitchener News | Local Breaking | CTV News Kitchener
''The 30-year-old had been at Club Renaissance in downtown Kitchener that Saturday night, celebrating a friend’s birthday.
After the bar, they went to his friend’s house.
That’s where the trail of MacDermott’s movements grows cold.''

''Whenever unidentified human remains are found anywhere in Ontario – or, sometimes, beyond – Darling receives calls from MacDermott’s family and other families wondering if they will finally get answers about what happened to their loved ones.

In MacDermott’s case, police now believe there is a specific, deliberate reason why remains have never been found.

“Whether Dave fell down and bumped his head and died or died as a result of an altercation, somebody still made a decision to hide his body,” Darling says.

“People don’t just disappear like this. There’s such a short window of time where Dave could left, disappeared or had something happen to him.”
MacDermott was bisexual – a fact police have never publicized before, but now say may help spread the word of his disappearance through the LGBTQ community and to someone who knows what happened to him.

“Hopefully somebody in that community recognizes that we’re still looking for answers,” says Stevens.''

• rbbm.
  • Missing People
  • ''David MacDermott, 30 years, was last seen at his residence on Mill Street, Kitchener in the late evening of Saturday November 9, 2002. Mr. MacDermott was to play in an organized ball hockey game the following Sunday morning but never showed up. Mr. MacDermott is described as 6'1", 186 lbs., with brown hair, and brown eyes and a tattoo of a small ladybug between his shoulder blades. He is known to have frequented bars in Kitchener and Waterloo.''

• Family of missing Kitchener man hope for justice after 10 years

• David MacDermott is seen in this undated family handout photo. (Courtesy Waterloo Regional Police Service)

• David MacDermott is seen in this undated family handout photo. (Courtesy Waterloo Regional Police Service)

To be honest, I have my doubts that they looked into anything regarding McArthur and anyone local. It was suggested to them, but I'm guessing they haven't looked to far into it considering they seem to be doing nothing.
We are at a loss for where to go from here due to the lack of communication from our police dept. Brutal.

I can confirm the police did look into this individual a few months ago.

He Went to a Bar 15 Years Ago and Was Never Seen Again
by Christy Somos 2017
''MacDermott was 30 years old when he went missing. His family describes him as an enigmatic charmer, fiercely loyal to his friends, whose world revolved around those closest to him. Handsome (he modeled on occasion), he made friends easily, and enjoyed a vibrant social life. A veritable chameleon of work experience, MacDermott did odd jobs, construction and hairdressing—often bouncing between all three at any one time.

On the night he went missing 15 years ago, MacDermott was out with friends on a Saturday in Kitchener’s downtown core to celebrate a birthday. The last time he was seen alive was at the now defunct Club Renaissance, dancing and partying. He was supposed to grab some hockey gear from an ex’s place at 3AM but he never showed up''

''The next morning, Sunday November 10, MacDermott’s cousin went to pick him up for a ball hockey game, and discovered that his car was missing from the driveway of his rental property and his beloved dog was running loose around the neighborhood. No one answered the front door.''

''When Stevens phoned the property that her brother was renting at in Kitchener, she claims one of his roommates answered the phone and told her that “Dave no longer lived there,” and to “stop calling the house”—then abruptly hung up. The roommate did not respond to requests for comment from VICE.''

Please Bring Me Home
[URL='https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fglobalnews.ca%2Fvideo%2F4017598%2Fmissing-kitchener-mans-case-back-in-spotlight&psig=AOvVaw2M0iJoxKT4WgI6QikjE7Ck&ust=1637857108267000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCJj9-auzsfQCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAT']

Global News
[/URL]

Dave MacDermott vanished in one night in Kitchener under strange circumstances and his family is still looking for answers.
CS
By Christy Somos
Sometime in the late hours of Saturday, November 9, 2002, Dave MacDermott disappeared. No blood, no body, and no evidence of a struggle—but his family believe that MacDermott is dead, killed on that cold November night and most likely at the hands of someone he knew. Investigators have no evidence to support the theory of a murder, but they too think he is dead, and under suspicious circumstances.

This month marks the 15 year anniversary of MacDermott’s suspicious disappearance, a case—like four or five other long-term files stemming from the tri-cities area (Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge, Ontario)—that have been designated to a state of purgatory in the legal system. But his family is persistent and police hope advances in technology may result in new leads in his mysterious disappearance.
MacDermott was 30 years old when he went missing. His family describes him as an enigmatic charmer, fiercely loyal to his friends, whose world revolved around those closest to him. Handsome (he modeled on occasion), he made friends easily, and enjoyed a vibrant social life. A veritable chameleon of work experience, MacDermott did odd jobs, construction and hairdressing—often bouncing between all three at any one time.

On the night he went missing 15 years ago, MacDermott was out with friends on a Saturday in Kitchener’s downtown core to celebrate a birthday. The last time he was seen alive was at the now defunct Club Renaissance, dancing and partying. He was supposed to grab some hockey gear from an ex’s place at 3AM but he never showed up. The next morning, Sunday November 10, MacDermott’s cousin went to pick him up for a ball hockey game, and discovered that his car was missing from the driveway of his rental property and his beloved dog was running loose around the neighborhood. No one answered the front door. He then called Colleen Stevens, MacDermott’s younger sister, to say he couldn’t find her brother.

*I'm curious who the people were that were at the Party. Where did they go after leaving, the club? Dud anyone notice David interacting with someone they didn't know? Did he leave with anyone?

*Interesting choice of time... I think most of us would pick the hockey equipment up before hitting the bar or on our way to ball hockey the next morning. That's not to say it couldn't happen that way, it's just odd to me personally. I haven't met too many people who like to run errands in the middle of the night when they have been drinking... Given the circumstances, would the ex have driven the equipment to David's house? Would the Ex be upset if they arrived and encountered David with someone he had picked up at the bar? What was the relationship between the Ex and the Landlord like?

*The dog being found running the streets... I think it goes without saying he's not going to move out on a whim and leave his dog to fend for itself. This is an orange flag that foul play could be involved. The car not being there wouldn't raise me suspicions yet because I'd assume it's wherever he is.

“The last time I saw Dave, was on the night he disappeared,” Stevens told VICE. “I went over to drop off a bottle of wine and to pre-pay him for the haircuts he was going to do on my son and husband.” That brief moment the night before he disappeared would be the last time that she would see her brother alive. After her phone call with her concerned cousin, Stevens began to call everyone in her brother’s life, hoping to find him crashing on a couch, the victim of a dead cellphone battery.

When Stevens phoned the property that her brother was renting at in Kitchener, she claims one of his roommates answered the phone and told her that “Dave no longer lived there,” and to “stop calling the house”—then abruptly hung up. The roommate did not respond to requests for comment from VICE.

*He lived there the afternoon previous and had future plans to cut hair but sometime after the bar closes he's packing his life into boxes, setting his dog free into the wild and taking off for places unknown and starting a new life.. it sounds like that's where we're being lead anyway... you woukd think that if he gets into an altercation at the bar, he just goes home and locks the door. Problem solved. But if he's bolting from the house, it seems more reasonable that the the altercation starts at home. If you're a culprit trying to deflect Blane, you point the finger elsewhere. Someone in this house knows more than they're saying. The article implies there's more than one roommate. Who was in the house that night? We need a new law for people who conspire to obstruct justice in a homicide investigation.

After an agonizing few days with no contact from her brother, Stevens and her sister Rhonda went to the Waterloo Regional Police to file a missing person’s report.

Unbeknownst to the women, several months before his disappearance the police had issued a warrant for MacDermott’s arrest in connection with an alleged assault charge, something the intake officers revealed to Stevens and her sister when they were separated and questioned. Their brother wasn’t on the police’s radar as a “Missing Person” but as a “Wanted Person.” (The warrant was eventually retracted due to time elapsed and the growing belief that MacDermott would not be found alive.)

*I'm assuming this was his first offense? He probably would have gotten probation if he was convicted. It's hardly a reason ran off to start a new life to avoid punishment. He's working in hair and construction. No one runs a background check on their stylist. No one. Lots of people with criminal pasts work in trades. This just seems like a strange reason to run off. Unless the person he assaulted was themselves, or was connected to, bad people... He was seemingly unconcerned about it for months. He didn't share it with family but the comments the Roommates make, “really done it this time” imply they were aware of the assault charges. While it certainly can't be discounted, it just seems like another thing to deflect blame. But we learn he's a fighter. So if he was murdered, he probably fought back if no weapons were involved. Did anyone look beat up in the days following his disappearance?

Later, the live-in owner of the property MacDermott rented told police and the family his version of events from that night. The owner was a friend of the family, a person that Stevens had known since she was ten years old. Stevens says the homeowner told police and the family that MacDermott had come home from the bar that night, packed up his belongings, his dog and with a “big wad of cash” told him that he had “really done it this time” and left. (The landlord did not respond to repeated requests for comment for this story.)

*He left with a wad of cash... this makes it sound like David owing money wasn't an issue. I feel like the most common reason a roommate relationship deteriorates is over money, inappropriate relationships/betrayals, theft, and lifestyle differences. If this is another deflection made by the Roommates? He works in industries that pay in cash. So it's definitely possible that he had that much money. Would David have popped off on the roommate if he caught the roommate stealing his money? What would that have been like?

Although the owner’s version of events were vehemently denied by the family, “at the beginning it seemed the police were really listening to his version of events rather than the family,” says Linda Shaw, MacDermott’s mother. While both Stevens and Shaw acknowledge that MacDermott often escaped up north to Algonquin to fish, both women repeatedly stressed to the authorities that he never would have left without telling the family or without checking in.

Between the warrant out for his arrest and the story the property owner was telling, no one was searching for MacDermott—at least not as a victim. According to a Kitchener Record article, the police at that time ruled out MacDermott owing anyone a substantial debt—although he was considered a bit of a “party boy,” they could not find any connections to the criminal “underworld.”And if he did owe money, there was the curious fact he never picked up his last paycheque from the construction company he worked at.

Weeks went by without any word or sight of him. Two months passed, and in January 2003, MacDermott’s car was located—snowed over at an apartment parking lot around the corner from his place.

*The Landlord said he came home and packed his life into his car and took off in the night. Two months later his car is found within walking distance of his house without any of his belongings in it. He's not going ti walk to the next town with all his possessions on tote. So he either gets a cab or a ride, leaving a trail of witnesses. Or in the absence of witnesses or verifiable proof, maybe one of the roommates / landlord uses David's car to dispose of his body and belongings then parks it in a place he thinks it won't be noriced that's close enough for him to walk home from so he doesn't have to call a cab and leave a witness.

“That was part of our frustration with the police,” said Stevens. “We felt the original officers didn’t do enough of an investigation, or they would have easily found the car so close to his place. Instead they listened to the [owner’s] theory.”

The initial investigation eventually petered out and the trail went cold for years with no evidence. It wasn’t until December of 2008 that the case was reopened—this time as a homicide.

Detective Constable Duane Gingerich was a recent addition to the homicide unit that year, and was assigned to the MacDermott investigation. “We had received some new information that had come forward suggesting that Dave may have been murdered and this was a homicide, and what we did was conduct an extensive investigation and worked with that information for several months,” he told VICE.

But the investigation came to a halt when the information was revealed to be “bogus.”

“The information that they shared led us to believe that they had direct knowledge that a homicide had occurred, but in sourcing that information and looking into it in much greater detail, the people we talked to—especially the people that this person was implicating—there was no indication that any of that had occurred,” said Gingerich. “We are confident that it did not occur that way. Nothing added up.”

For the family, it was a harrowing six years between the initial disappearance and the reopening of the case, plagued with more questions than answers. “We watch old home movies to hear his laughter,” said Stevens. “Dave was someone who would do anything for anyone, he loved his family and he took care of us and loved us fiercely.”

For Stef Shaw, MacDermott’s half-sister, the most prolific memory she has from that time was watching her mother suffer, looking for an explanation, searching for her son.

“I was in Grade 8 when Dave disappeared, and I can still remember the principal calling me out of my class and my mom being there to pick me up from school,” she told VICE. “What I remember most about that time is this memory of my mom sitting out in the garage, calling people.“

In the 15 years since his disappearance, Stevens, Shaw, and the rest of MacDermott’s family have spent hundreds of hours setting up information websites, handing out posters, offering rewards, knocking on doors, and chasing leads. At one point MacDermott’s mother Linda put a $10,000 reward up for any information that lead to determining her son’s whereabouts. They have their own suspicions about what occurred that night so long ago.

“We think Dave came home from the bar that night and got into an argument with someone in that house,” said Stevens. And although pure speculation on their part, and without any physical evidence, the family believes MacDermott died in the house that night, murdered by someone he knew.

Police also surmise the likely scenario involves someone known to MacDermott.

“I think it’s fair to say, that as a police officer, knowing cases like these in the past…you’re always going to look at the people who are closely connected to the person first. I think that’s much more likely than some stranger just encountering Dave [MacDermott] that particular night,” says Gingerich, “but we just have nothing to prove that one way or another anything happened.”

When the police reopened the case in 2008 as a homicide, the property owner had since sold the Mill Street house, but the new owner allowed the officers to do a search of the house, land, and detached garage. In a mechanic’s hole underneath the floor of the garage, a large plastic sheet was found with unknown substances on it. Forensic analysis was inconclusive, and no sign of MacDermott’s remains were discovered.

With another fruitless search for MacDermott’s remains having occurred, the police will now have to rely on “new forensic technology that did not exist when the original evidence was obtained,” said Gingerich, adding that items like the plastic sheet found in the garage and other physical clues can be retested. As time goes on, the family clings to hope that something will come of the retesting, anything that can divulge a clue that will lead them to his remains.

As recently as November 14 the Waterloo police went on a search related to the case, but came away empty handed. Gingerich said the WRPS “searched the green spaces and surrounding neighborhood,” of MacDermott’s last known whereabouts, but “did not find anything.”

The strain of 15 years is felt among the police force, too. Currently listed as “missing under suspicious circumstances,” MacDermott’s file will continue to stay open—a thought that Gingerich said “will hang over him” even after he retires.

For the family, all they want is the opportunity to lay MacDermott to rest after so many agonizing years. “We know that somebody knows something,” Shaw told VICE. “All we want is the chance to say goodbye.

“I can’t remember the sound of my brother’s voice. And it hurts so much to know I will never get that relationship with someone you are supposed to be so close to in your life.”

*What were the roommate and Landlords names? They have been able to keep their anonymity for 20 years. I think someone should out them. Their not helping the investigation. If they try to sue, they have to go on the record under oarh and lock on their version of events. That could be a game changer.

MISSING: 'I know someone knows something'

Kitchener's Dave MacDermott disappeared in November 2002.

WATERLOO REGION

MISSING: 'I know someone knows something'

By Greg MercerRecord Reporter

Fri., Jan. 24, 2014timer7 min. read

updateArticle was updated Apr. 10, 2020

KITCHENER — Dave MacDermott could do a lot of things. Cook life a chef. Fish like a pro. Sing like a star. Play hockey. Work construction. Cut hair. Charm strangers. Break hearts.

But if there's one thing he couldn't do, it was walk out on the people he loved, insist his extended family spread across Waterloo Region.

That's why MacDermott's disappearance more than 11 years ago never sat well with those who knew him best. When the charismatic young man vanished after a night on the town in November 2002, he left a gaping hole in his family and a pile of unanswered questions.

Leaving without a word wasn't Dave, they say. By the time Christmas 2002 rolled around and he hadn't surfaced or called his grandmother, his family knew something was terribly wrong.

"There was no way he'd miss Christmas. Family meant everything to him," said his father, Brian MacDermott. "If he was alive, he would have let somebody know."

MacDermott's case, one of 20 historical missing people files still open with Waterloo Regional Police, is considered suspicious. There are plenty of red flags around his disappearance, but there have never been any arrests.

His body has never been found.

Police interviewed more than 200 people connected to the case, and repeatedly searched the Mill Street house where he was renting a room. His family suspects someone out there is holding onto a secret that could end their pain.

"I know someone knows something, and it's disgusting to me that they haven't come forward," said Stefanie Shaw, one of MacDermott's four sisters.

MacDermott's family hopes that by speaking out now, new information may come forward. Despite all these years and an increasingly cold trail, his mother Linda Shaw said she never stopped believing her son's case would be resolved.

"I have to believe it will be solved. That hope is all I've got," she said.

The Kitchener man, who would now be 41, was last seen on Saturday night, Nov. 9, 2002, out celebrating a friend's birthday at Club Renaissance. He was supposed to pick to up hockey equipment from an ex-girlfriend's house at 3 a.m., but never showed up.

The next morning, when his cousin arrived at his Mill Street home to take him to a ball hockey game, there was no answer at the door.

At first, some thought he was just out on one of his extended fishing trips. But MacDermott did puzzling things for a man who was supposedly on an outdoors getaway.

He never picked up his last paycheque from a local construction firm. His Ford Mustang was found buried in the snow weeks later, parked at an apartment building near his house. His dog was left wandering the neighbourhood and seized by the humane society.

Early on, there was conflicting speculation over why MacDermott might have disappeared. The man he rented a room from claimed to police that MacDermott had gotten himself in some trouble and had to flee suddenly.

Police later ruled out the suggestion that MacDermott owed a large debt to someone. He partied and used drugs recreationally, but wasn't connected to the underworld, they said.

Another theory is that MacDermott, who lived what police called "a high-risk, alternative lifestyle" and was known to have multiple lovers including some who were married, might have crossed the wrong person.

MacDermott was tall, athletic, charming and made friends easily. He was a joker and mischief maker, too, often getting his family laughing during the delicious dinners he'd cook. His enthusiasm for life was contagious, his father said.

Whatever he might have done to anger someone, his disappearance is an injustice, his family says.

"I don't care what somebody has done. They don't deserve this," said his sister Rhonda MacDermott.

A few days before his disappearance, Rhonda said she saw her brother at a Waterloo corner store. He looked like he'd been beaten up, and there was a big dent in the passenger side front corner of his car, she said.

Later, he appeared at her Waterloo apartment, throwing up blood. He refused to go to the hospital and told her he just needed to rest for a while, she said.

Few people believe MacDermott is still alive. Today, they're just hoping to find his remains. Until that happens, there won't be a funeral or a memorial service.

"I used to feel guilty about that. I would rather have his body and know he was dead than not have any idea what happened to him. I wanted that closure," said his youngest sister, Amanda Shaw, who's pursuing a career in law because of her brother's case.

"But we won't have closure until we know where he is."

Amanda and Stef have now lived more than half their lives without their older brother and are upset over all the big milestones — marriages, graduations — they have to mark without him. They're angry that their brother has been taken from them, and they want justice.

In the months and years after he vanished, the family searched along the Grand River, scoured Algonquin, called hospitals around the province, checked with police countless times, banged on the doors of his friends.

News reports about found remains would cause their hearts to soar, hoping it was him. They provided dental records and blood samples, hoping for a DNA match.

"Every time you hear 'remains were found' your mind races again. 'Could it be?' Then you find out it wasn't him and your heart sinks again," said Brian.

They consulted with psychics, who led them on endless searches through the woods. His mother even offered a $10,000 reward for information, which led nowhere.

The first few years after his disappearance were a blur of dead-end leads, fielding tips that led nowhere, constantly working the telephone, meeting with police, she said.

"This totally consumed me, for a long time. It was all I thought about, all day," Linda said. "My blood pressure went through the roof. It was affecting my health, it was affecting my mind."

In 2008, police received a tip that caused them to reopen MacDermott's case, now believing foul play was the reason for his disappearance. They scoured the house where he was renting a room, re-interviewing dozens of people and questioned many more.

That led to a person of interest, but no arrests.

"We're just missing that one piece of the puzzle. Someone might be holding it and not know it," said Sgt. Richard Dorling, one of the homicide detectives who reopened his case. "We conducted a very thorough investigation with the belief Dave died of suspicious circumstances, if not murder."

Investigators want the public to come forward with any information that might lead to a break in the case. No detail is too small, they say.

"Don't assume the police already know it. If somebody hears a story and they feel it can't be the truth, or it's just hearsay, it's still worth sharing with police," said detective Brian Jessome.

Time helped ease the family's pain somewhat, but unexpected triggers can bring it all back, like a familiar-looking face, an old movie on TV or one of his favourite songs on the radio.

Many in MacDermott's family still scour crowds when they go out in public. Every now and then, they're fooled by false sightings — a common plague for people with missing loved ones.

His sister Colleen Stevens thought she saw MacDermott at a McDonald's drive-through in Milton a few years ago. She was so convinced she called police and had them follow the driver home. It wasn't him.

Seven years ago, Rhonda had was leaving Tim Hortons with a large coffee in her hand when she saw a man she thought was MacDermott in the doorway. She dropped her drink immediately, spilling it everywhere.

He looked just like him. But it wasn't him, couldn't be. She tried to explain to the startled stranger why she was suddenly crying.

"Tears filled up my face and I apologized profusely to this man," she said. "I told him my brother is missing and you look so much like him."

Colleen says she doesn't want revenge for whatever happened, just want an answer. An anonymous phone call, a letter, anything.

"There are ways to be anonymous … It's all we really want. Just tell us where we can find his remains," she said.

As grim as it is, discovery of MacDermott's remains would be a relief. It would finally end years of wondering and give the family a way to memorialize him, Rhonda said.

Until they have that answer, his family say they won't stop looking. They simply can't.

"It's what any family would want … You can hear those words all your want, 'Your brother has been killed,' but it's not reality until you actually see it and have that closure yourself," she said.

Missing
This story continues The Record's series on missing people.
Looking for Tips
If you have information on Dave MacDermott's case, contact Sgt. Richard Dorling at 519-650-8500 ext. 8655, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.
You can see more pictures and read more about the Waterloo Regional Police's historical missing person files online at wrps.on.ca/missingpersons/all.

From missing to possibly murdered: Family of Dave MacDermott wants answers | CTV News
image.jpg

I had never heard of this case until today. The article I came across barely scratched the surface so I'm glad this thread exists.

When I read his dog had been found wandering in his neighbourhood, it seemed to me whatever happened happened in that house. It's a shame police couldn't/wouldn't go any further.

www.thespec.com/tr/news/waterloo-region/2022/11/09/twenty-years-is-a-long-time-to-wonder-what-happened-to-your-son.html

It seemed in 2008 that movement would be made in getting answers when police received a tip that made them reopen MacDermott’s case, believing his disappearance involved foul play.

Police searches of MacDermott’s home and reinterviews led to a person of interest, but no arrest.

Colleen, I'm really sorry that you and your family are going through this (and have been for two painful decades). It's obvious how much you all love him and I hope this will be the last anniversary with no answers.

Nov '22
1679799444281.png
A photo of Dave MacDermott who has been missing since November 2002. Waterloo Regional Police

''Waterloo Regional Police say they continue to investigate David’s disappearance. At the time of his disappearance was described as six feet, one inch tall, 186 pounds, with brown hair, brown eyes, and had a small ladybug tattoo between his shoulder blades.

In 2002 and previous to that, police say David frequented several Kitchener and Waterloo establishments, including Roxanne's, Club Renaissance, the Silver Spur, and Howl at the Moon.

Anyone with any information can contact Waterloo Regional Police Missing Persons Unit at 519-570-9777, extension 8738, or if they wish to stay anonymous, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.''
David MacDermott. (Submitted)

David MacDermott. (Submitted)
David MacDermott was 30 years old when he mysteriously went missing in 2002. (Krista Sharpe/CTV Kitchener)

David MacDermott was 30 years old when he mysteriously went missing in 2002. (Krista Sharpe/CTV Kitchener)

What was the number of his old Mill St address? What was the address of the apartment complex his car was found at? And where was his dog located specifically? Can anyone answer these questions?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp
Back