CANADA Canada - Dylan Ehler, 3, Truro, Nova Scotia, 6 May 2020 *Reward*

Possibly unrelated...but an attempted child abduction 1 hour away from where Dylan disappeared. The child that was targeted is also 3 year’s old...Dylan’s age.

Cumberland County RCMP is looking to identify a person(s) involved in a possible attempted abduction last night on Valley Rd. near Springhill in Cumberland County.

Shortly before 8 p.m., police responded to a complaint that a man had possibly attempted to lure a three-year-old child into his car. The child was playing in the yard with two others when their mother noticed a vehicle pull to the side of the road close to the children. A driver of the vehicle yelled for one of the children to get in the car. The children ran into the house and the vehicle then drove away towards Springhill.

RCMP members made patrols throughout Springhill, however, the suspect or vehicle were not located.

The driver was a man described to be in his 40's with a clean cut appearance and had a raspy voice. There may have been two people in the vehicle. The vehicle is described as a silver or beige Chevrolet Cruze, an older model.

Anyone with information on these incidents is asked to contact Cumberland District RCMP at 902-597-3779. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers toll free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submit a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca, or use the P3 Tips App.

File # 2020-1325432

–30–

Contact information

Cpl. Lisa Croteau
Public Information Officer
Nova Scotia RCMP
Cell : 902-222-0154
Email : lisa.croteau@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

RCMP investigating possible attempted abduction | Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Google map of attempted abduction and where Dylan was last seen:
EC64C4C5-4B7A-4338-9729-D5A0DEB62819.jpeg

It may be just coincidental, but prior to Dylan’s disappearance, another 3 year old went missing, but was found by a search dog. (No report of foul play).
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5549092

ETA: Corrected Google map.

Last edited:
Possibly unrelated...but an attempted child abduction 1 hour away from where Dylan disappeared. The child that was targeted is also 3 year’s old...Dylan’s age.

RCMP investigating possible attempted abduction | Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Google map of attempted abduction and where Dylan was last seen:
View attachment 263354

It may be just coincidental, but prior to Dylan’s disappearance, another 3 year old went missing, but was found by a search dog. (No report of foul play).
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5549092

ETA: Corrected Google map.
Good find..interesting.

Alexa MacLean
@AlexaMacLean902

“WATCH: Parents of missing Truro toddler secure a lawyer to help them end online harassment and cyberbullying.”
https://twitter.com/AlexaMacLean902/status/1327014619685281793?s=20

Video of Dylan’s parents and lawyer at link above.

I was just reading about this, truly disgusting how some of these SM groups gravitate towards hateful verbal vigilantism.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent...nline-vitriol-against-boy-s-parents-1.5799322
.....But about a week after Dylan went missing, Brown said, people on social media began to turn their attention to herself and Ehler.

Some accused them of negligence leading to Dylan's disappearance. Others accused them of orchestrating his disappearance, or even killing their own son.

The largest Facebook group dedicated to discussion about Dylan's appearance has more than 17,000 members. Assuming each account belongs to a single, real person, that's more than Truro's entire population of about 12,000 people........

Cyberbullying law
Lawyer Allison Harris is now representing Ehler and Brown pro bono. She wants to see if a new Nova Scotia law can help end the sustained campaign of online hate the couple has endured for over six months.

"I was shocked and appalled at some of the posts that I read," Harris said.

"In speaking with Ashley and Jason and learning about how it's impacting them, and just understanding the gravity of it, how widespread it is, it was eye-opening for me."

Harris is hoping to use Nova Scotia's Intimate Images and Cyber-protection Act to stop some users from making further online posts and threats — some of which she says have been sent privately to Ehler and Brown.

"[There are] a number of things the legislation allows, one of which is to request an order that they stop making these posts, that they make no further posts, that they have no further communication with Ashley and Jason, that they take down anything [posted] previously," said Harris.

"The act also allows the court to award damages, so money, for the harm that's caused.".....”

The lawyer representing the parents of a toddler who went missing last May in Truro, N.S., is heading to court next week to fight back against the deluge of harassment and vitriol the couple has received since the little boy vanished.

Since 3-year-old Dylan Ehler disappeared, his parents have dealt with threats, unfounded accusations

Many of these discussions happened over Facebook, where one group dedicated to the case had more than 17,000 members.

While some Facebook groups have been shut down and some critics have relented, Harris said the parents are still putting up with these comments.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...d-court-fight-cyberbullying-1.5928411?cmp=rss

Search continues Saturday for Truro, N.S., toddler missing for more than a year

In a Facebook post, the Truro Police Service said they, along with Ground Search and Rescue, are conducting a search of the waterways and beaches in the Old Barns area.

"There is no new evidence or information that has led to the search of this area, just a desire to be as complete and thorough as possible," it said.

"Our goal remains locating Dylan and bringing closure to his family."

Search continues Saturday for Truro, N.S., toddler missing for more than a year

In a Facebook post, the Truro Police Service said they, along with Ground Search and Rescue, are conducting a search of the waterways and beaches in the Old Barns area.

"There is no new evidence or information that has led to the search of this area, just a desire to be as complete and thorough as possible," it said.

"Our goal remains locating Dylan and bringing closure to his family."

Thank you for the update.

So, they’re searching west of where Dylan was last seen at his grandparents’ home and the nearby brook where his boots were found.

Red starting point is where he went missing. In red I tried to highlight Salmon River, and circled is where they’re searching today. (I’m guessing they’re searching just along the banks of the river?) The river runs into the basin in that area.
CB2E1D6E-4124-491C-8282-0FDF574906F6.jpeg

Just saw this story tonight…. So sad :(
It reads like a story and gives a lot of background.

Rain Boots, Turning Tides, and the Search for a Missing Boy

Last year in Nova Scotia, after 3-year-old Dylan Ehler vanished, online sleuths descended on Facebook groups to help find him. Then they lost their way.

Rain Boots, Turning Tides, and the Search for a Missing Boy

W5 did an episode on Dylan's disappearance on the weekend. Grandma's reactions are interesting to me...

CTV News | W5 - Investigative Reports, News and Current Affairs

I watched the W5 feature as well and was left with strong lingering doubts about the grandma’s story. I was also annoyed by the Truro Police’s arrogant attitude claiming to have done everything right because what happened to Dylan is still unknown. Purely my speculation but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d ran out on the road and was hit by a car driven by a local and so to avoid allegations of negligence, collaboration took place and the rubber boots were staged, his body was dumped in the Bay. If there’s always a little truth to lies, the child was chasing the dog that ran onto the street.

I don’t understand why any grandma would hold proudly and dear to her heart a backyard from which her grandchild tragically disappeared, or why such a small gap would exist in a backyard of dog owner, requiring a dog to be needlessly tied up. If not for that small gap, Dylan couldn’t have escaped and supposedly drowned in the creek behind the neighbours property. But sadly, it was obvious to me the Truro Police weren’t about to seriously entertain alternate scenarios.

JMO

Dad arrested for 33 charges:

Court information shows Ehler is accused of falsifying cheques written from Melanie MacCormick to himself for various amounts ranging from $100 to $400 each. He is accused of cashing in and defrauding the TD Bank, Royal Bank of Canada and Bank of Montreal in Truro, on occasions from Nov. 15 to 23, 2021.

Man arrested in Truro fraud investigation | SaltWire

Dad arrested for 33 charges:

Court information shows Ehler is accused of falsifying cheques written from Melanie MacCormick to himself for various amounts ranging from $100 to $400 each. He is accused of cashing in and defrauding the TD Bank, Royal Bank of Canada and Bank of Montreal in Truro, on occasions from Nov. 15 to 23, 2021.

Man arrested in Truro fraud investigation | SaltWire

“Court information shows Ehler is accused of falsifying cheques written from Melanie MacCormick to himself for various amounts ranging from $100 to $800 each. He is accused of cashing in and defrauding the TD Bank, Royal Bank of Canada and Bank of Montreal in Truro, on occasions from Nov. 15 to 23, 2021.”

I’m interested in more information, if there’s more to this including the relationship between this woman and the dad? The absolute obvious way to get caught defrauding is to falsify cheques payable to yourself as you’re pointing the finger right back at you….or was he set up? JMO

I see the emotion in the search and rescue captain... boy.. Then i think of this man that threatens to kill his partner...I would imagine the police enjoyed charging Ehler... What a story all around.

I see the emotion in the search and rescue captain... boy.. Then i think of this man that threatens to kill his partner...I would imagine the police enjoyed charging Ehler... What a ****** story all around.

As I watched it, my thoughts went to the Ehlers better watch their back. It appears they have legitimate grievances in how the disappearance was handled by a small town police force ran by a police chief who comes across as quite defensive, verging on extreme arrogance. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melyssafox42
Back