CANADA Canada - Lance Kunderman, 23, Vancouver, 26 Dec 1982

Wondering if Lance was actually seen in BC, or believed to have been seen there, and by whom?
rbbm.
Lance Emerson Kunderman
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: December 26, 1982
Location Last Seen: British Columbia, Canada

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4826dmbc.html
4826DMBC_LARGE.jpg

Eric Clapton wasn't on tour in the fall of 1982. According to http://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-tour/archive/1982 he took a break from June through December and was in Great Britain at the end of December (22nd) for a one-off show, it appears. FWIW.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Clapton was in rehab earlier in 1982, and that one-off was when he played at the Royal Club in Britain on Dec 22, 1982:

http://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-tour/archive/1982

Clapton played in Seattle, WA (an hour south of Vancouver) on Feb 1, 1983 (with nothing else listed from Dec 23 through Jan 31):

http://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-tour/archive/1983

Presumably he would have had a road crew some time prior to his Seattle gig.

Bumping.
The Doe Network: Lance Emerson Kunderman - 4826DMBC
''Lance Emerson Kunderman
  • Missing Since: December 26, 1982
  • Location Last Seen: British Columbia, Canada
  • Date of Birth: Unknown
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 yrs
  • Race: White
  • Height at Time of Disappearance: 5' 7
  • Weight at Time of Disappearance: 125 lbs
  • Hair Color: Red, wavy
  • Eye Color: Blue
  • Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: May have a surgical scar in his genital area from a twisted testicle operation. Wears a beard. Good teeth. Slender/thin build.''

Thanks for bringing this one back up, dotr. It's not a case that grabs headlines but continues to be one that has stuck with me - I would love for his family to have answers.

I was intrigued for a second by the whole Clapton's half-brother connection, but seeing as the half brother didn't even know until 1998 about his own connection to Clapton that can't be the connection.

Thanks for bringing this one back up, dotr. It's not a case that grabs headlines but continues to be one that has stuck with me - I would love for his family to have answers.

I was intrigued for a second by the whole Clapton's half-brother connection, but seeing as the half brother didn't even know until 1998 about his own connection to Clapton that can't be the connection.
Thanks for the response, have been looking around for more information and just cannot seem to find any, for some reason Lance has been on my mind the last few days, hoping something turns up!

I have one Hail Mary to throw, but it's way, way out there.

There's a thread in the identified section for Andrea Kuiper who was a Jane Doe from Huntington Beach. We had a poster in that thread named Montana Man, who put us in touch with some others as well because they thought perhaps she was there friend Andrea from the mid-80's Seattle music scene. Turned out that it wasn't their friend. However, if these were people very into that scene, and there's some possibility of Lance being in that music scene in the similar timeframe, maybe we could ask them if anyone remembers him? Here's the link for that thread: Identified! - CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

Waterloo Man Mysteriously Disappeared Touring With Eric Clapton - KWMotion
''The Waterloo Region Police Service have several open missing person cases posted online in hopes of obtaining tips towards the fate of these people. One of these cases is for Lance Kunderman, a resident of the Waterloo Region who went missing in 1982 (1983 in some reports). Lance’s family last spoke to him on December 26, 1982, which perhaps explains the differences in reported year. ''
''In 1982, 23 year old Lance left his home in Waterloo Region and headed to Banff, Alberta. In October of the same year, Lance reported to be in British Columbia. Lance told his family that he was working with popular musician Eric Clapton’s road crew, and that he would be travelling abroad with them.

On December 26, 1982, Lance spoke with his family saying he was still with the band and would be traveling to Los Angeles. He has not been heard from since, and his case remains unsolved.

Seven years ago, in 2014, the lead investigator on the case, Sgt. Dorling from the Waterloo Police Service went to the media attempting to find leads on any of the region’s open missing person cases, even going on a podcast to discuss Lance Kunderman’s disappearance. On the same podcast, Lance’s brother joined to take an interview regarding his brothers disappearance. ''
''Lance’s brother stated in the interview that they didn’t realize right away that Lance was missing – not for maybe six or seven months – due to his being on the road. The podcast also stated that he was “possibly” working with Clapton’s crew, so it seems that is not 100% known as a fact.

“What bothers me is my kids never got to met him,” Lance’s brother said. “They know about him, but he doesn’t know I got married, I had a family. It’s sad they don’t get that time with him. That kind of hurts.”

“I’ve met a lot of these families. We’re on a first-name basis … I’d like nothing more than to bring closure to all of them,” investigator Dorling said. “All of these cases deserve attention. They’re all unique.”

Dorling and his fellow investigators have a few advantages that police didn’t have in the 1980s, including DNA testing and the power to spread photos and stories via social media.

Dorling additionally asked for the public’s help, hoping people will take a few moments to read the missing person cases.

“Pass the information on. If you see a poster, a picture or an article, post on it Facebook, send it out on Twitter. I’m hoping somewhere out there, someone will remember something,” Dorling said. “It’s a whole lot harder to hide now.”

Lance Kunderman’s distinguishing features are that he may have a surgical scar in his genital area from a twisted testicle operation, wears a beard, has good teeth and a slender/thin build. If you have any information regarding Lance or another of Waterloo’s missing people, you can give the WRPS non-emergency line a call at 519-570-9777''
Play
  • 270673_SOHITaPW.jpg
  • 270673_KtFaErgw.jpg

Bumping for Lance and while I have some Canadian-sleuthing attention, wondering if anyone else is having thoughts on our janky RCMP website and how AI might be the future of solving these cases. If we could harness the energy of all these posts and threads into creating a proper database, the possibilities of cross-referencing with AI would surely bring up SOMETHING

4826DMBC - Lance Emerson Kunderman​

Thanks, reposting these few known details as a reminder that he worked between LA and Vancouver.
Wish there was an aged progressed pic of Lance, or one without facial hair, imo.

1708276119364.png
''Name: Lance Emerson Kunderman
Missing Since: December 26, 1982
Location Last Seen: British Columbia, Canada
Date of Birth: Circa 1959
Race: White
Height: 5' 7
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair Color: Red, wavy
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: May have a surgical scar in his genital area from a twisted testicle operation. Wears a beard. Good teeth. Slender/thin build.
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
In 1982 Lance left his home in Waterloo Region and headed to Banff, Alberta. Lance was reportedly in British Columbia in October 1982 and was to travel abroad. He was working with singer Eric Clapton's road crew.
On December 26, 1982 Kunderman spoke with his family saying he was still with the band. Information was that Lance worked between Los Angeles and Vancouver.''

Added: 03/13/2015 ; Last Updated: 04-07-2024 - By: kb

4826DMBC - Lance Emerson Kunderman​

4826DMBC.jpg

(mouse over to enlarge)

Name: Lance Emerson Kunderman
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Missing Since: October 1, 1982
Location Last Seen: Vancouver, British Columbia

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: 1960
Race: White
Height: 5' 8
Weight: 123 lbs
Hair Color: Red, curly
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: May have a surgical scar in his genital area from a twisted testicle operation. Wears a beard. Slender/thin build.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Good teeth
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Lance was last seen in Vancouver in October 1982. He was reportedly was travelling with the Eric Clapton road crew. He last spoke to his family on December 26, 1982. He told his family he was still with the band's road crew and apparently had traveled between Los Angeles and Vancouver, but was expected to travel abroad. Lance was from the Waterloo region in Ontario.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back