Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Yes, I have seen Otto's maps (and they are awesome!)

But like you say, no idea why they chose this route (which does not come up on a general search). Thus my asking those who have travelled the north of B.C. (and I have read that several posters have) for their input.

Sorry, just trying to get a grasp on / make sense of things ... just like everyone else here :)

I'm one of those that has traveled the route up to Whitehorse but in the reverse of these guys. We drove up through Dease Lake and came home through the Fort Nelson route. Our only reason was that we didn't want to drive the same route there and back. We'd get to see more of the province by doing the circle route.

I certainly have nothing to back this up other than talking to other friends who have done the trip to Whitehorse over the years but they all did the circle route too. I think from my experience, it's pretty common. It may not come up as the first route on mapquest or other sites but if you glanced at a map before leaving, it would seem the obvious choice for someone on vacation to see northern B.C.

JMO

Tommy Ste-Croix is not a cop and has never claimed to be one. I have never seen any source that indicates that. I have read he is a businessowner but don't remember where I saw that. MOO
And even if he was (and he isn't), more seriously: he'd be hauled on the carpet for repeating to the media that another cop told him BS and KM had no criminal records.

Cops aren't that stupid.

Tommy Ste-Croix is not a cop and has never claimed to be one. I have never seen any source that indicates that. I have read he is a businessowner but don't remember where I saw that. MOO
I confused him with the constables at the Spirit Lake check stop. Forget that remark. I didn't hear them mentioning a blue sleeping bag.

Wait a minute, Ste-Croix was a cop!? This is news to me. I also didn't know he looked in the RAV? I thought he just talked to both of them outside and the closest he ever got was hooking up to the back of it, maybe glancing in the rear window and also talking to Kam at the driver side window giving him instructions on what maneuvers to use while he pulled them out.
My mistake, I confused him with the officers at that check stop near Spirit Lake who pulled them over for driving past.

And even if he was (and he isn't), more seriously: he'd be hauled on the carpet for repeating to the media that another cop told him BS and KM had no criminal records.

Cops aren't that stupid.
Honestly, if they're local small-town cops, they may have been more chatty than a normal cop and told him that, even though they weren't supposed to.

Here it says that TSC went to the police. He wouldn't have to do that if he was the police.

They were 'really nice kids' says Alberta man who inadvertently helped 2 BC teen fugitives

The articles also mixes up Bryer and Kam. A lot of media today just copy from interviews done by others and never actually interview people directly. Thus, things get bent out of shape.
The early reporting was really bad about confusing the 2 of them. Their photos/physical descriptions were misidentified for quite awhile. I remember being so confused when they were finally correctly identified.

Where does it confuse them in the article? I've read it before but didn't note that before.

Honestly, if they're local small-town cops, they may have been more chatty than a normal cop and told him that, even though they weren't supposed to.
I agree, for a small town. I don't know if I'd classify Cold Lake (pop. +14,000) as a small town as Canadian small towns go, but I can certainly believe a cop might blurt out that information not realizing that TSC might later blab it to the media. That cop, I'm sure, has had a "talking to".

I don't know if this article has been dissected before. TSC says that they 'knew no one and had no phones'. But wasn't it stated that they recorded their final message in a video on a phone? And of course it was strange for two guys on the run, they gave up their real names.

They were 'really nice kids' says Alberta man who inadvertently helped 2 BC teen fugitives
I think he just assumed they had no phone since he asked them if they called anyone to help, and they said no. MOO

I always thought the pic from Fairview the day before looked like Kam was holding a phone while he stands outside the Rav4 and is looking back (presumably talking to Bryer in the car), but I am not 100% sure.

Assuming that KM and BS had been up in Whitehorse, they would have been traveling in the opposite direction to LF and CD (who's van was on the northbound side). But there isn't much light, so unless LF & CD had some lights on around their vehicle, it would have been hard to spot them from far away. KM & BS would have had to do a u-turn on that highway to check them out. The police haven't said anything of that nature. They haven't said anything about what actually ties KM & BS to their murders, other than the fact they were in the area, like probably hundreds of other people.

BBM

I have never put much stock in the report that the grandmother said they went to Whitehorse and didn't like it. I'm not saying Granny was wrong, just that a reporter may have misinterpreted her. (There has been a lot of poor reporting of errors in this case.) It doesn't make sense for them to backtrack like that and they really didn't have time to get to Whitehorse and then get to the spot where CD and LF were. MOO

I think he just assumed they had no phone since he asked them if they called anyone to help, and they said no. MOO

I always thought the pic from Fairview the day before looked like Kam was holding a phone while he stands outside the Rav4 and is looking back (presumably talking to Bryer in the car), but I am not 100% sure.

Which picture was that? Do you have a link, just curious to see it.

Note sure why folks are ignoring the fact that the site C Dam, one of the biggest projects going in BC right now, is right on the route B and K took. If you were looking for work, it seems to me that stopping in Fort St John is a no brainer. Why is everybody still mystified regarding why they took the route they did? I don't get it.

Now I want to go back and look at that. You really do find all these interesting details! :)

@Shlock Homes and @Jan424: here's a post with both pics. I can't see what is in his hand, but I see people hold phones like that all the time. I can't think he would hold keys or anything else that way.

Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #17
Thanks for that, a new photo I didn't see before! I was reading through the threads, it doesn't seem like this was sent to the media, maybe that's why the original was deleted? Good thing other people grabbed it! I can't tell if he has something in his hand, it does looklike the gas tank hatch has been popped open for filling, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platform