CANADA Canada - Nicole Morin, 8, Toronto, 30 July 1985

Georgia Girl. I don't believe your Nicole is the missing Nicole, but I admit they are VERY close. Maybe a family resemblance. If it were her, it would mean that a family member had kidnapped her and raised her under her own name... possible, but its not indicated in the case.

NMorin1.jpg
Nicole.jpg

Age progressed Nicole on left, General Manager Nicole on right.

Morin is a very well known name in Canada, in all provinces.

This happened on July 30th. There is a long weekend on August 4th (or the first Monday in August) in all provinces except Quebec. So there was probably a lot of people in the city on vacation, visiting, etc..

just bumping this up for Nicole.

-mjak

Marilynilpa said:
I'm not sure about the forensics capabilities at that time, but the fact that homicide wasn't brought into the case until Nicole had been gone for a week makes me wonder what kind of initial investigation was being conducted.
They were investigating the case as a possible kidnapping, I would imagine. I don't know which squad investigates missing children in Toronto but in those pre-Amber days it may not have been Homicide outright, unless physical evidence suggested a murder had been committed.

PonderingThings said:
Morin is a very well known name in Canada, in all provinces.
It's also quite common in New England, as are many other other French Canadian surnames, so there must be hundreds of "Nicole Morin" living in North America.

Angels_Not_Forgotten said:
maybe im overlooking this fact, im new to this forum and just read a lot of info, (all that i could find) on this case, but why didnt the friend call back up to say that the little girl never came down? I mean, she called once, mom said on the way, and she never shows, i just dont get it...
If i were to make a guess, I'd say that she just got tired of waiting and left...or she wandered back to the pool to see if Nicole had gone there with out her. If she went to the pool to look for Nicole, she probably left after. just my guess.

If Nicole was abducted and still alive, she probably would not be being raised under her own name. She was 8 at the time - old enough to know who she was. But at the same time, I don't see how this could be a crime of chance - the time frame is really too small. IMO, this was either a very carefully planned abduction - by stranger or family - or mom is hiding something.
It's really frustrating that there isn't more information out on this case.

There is so little info out there about this case. I wonder if the case is still open......

georgiagirl said:
There is so little info out there about this case. I wonder if the case is still open......
As far as I know based on a number of cases from Canada that I have taken an interest in police department policies in large Canadian cities don't differ much from those in large US cities, cold cases are never closed (I read somewhere about a 99-year limit after which such cases are closed but I can't remember if it was in Canada or the UK) but further investigation only happens if new evidence is produced.

It would be interesting to know if a serial killer/abductor was active in the area at the time, unfortunately I can't find much info.

I couldnt get the link to work to the website about Nicole being spotted on the cdrom. Does anyone have any links to this and whether it was ever looked into more thoroughly?

Actually, at the time I posted this, her last name was Morin but she must have gotten married or something since then.

Ah, I see. Sorry then, I should have thought about that possibility. After all, car dealerships are often managed by dynasties.

I couldnt get the link to work to the website about Nicole being spotted on the cdrom. Does anyone have any links to this and whether it was ever looked into more thoroughly?

From what I could gather that link used to point to the website of a Belgian anti-pedophile group called Princess De Croy Foundation which appears to be better known under its French name Fondation Princesse De Croy. Apparently the website had ridiculed certain high-ranking Belgian officials whom they felt did nothing about or refused to admit the existence of pedophile rings in Belgium. The insulted officials had Belgian authorities shut the site down. The Foundation moved the site to another server but so far only the French section has been completely rebuilt There seems to be a lot of content there but apart from being able to identify the language as French my rusty high school French is of little help.

English page: http://pedocriminalite.0catch.com/anglais.htm

has nicole's mom been interviewed recently? I read the quotes from her dad twenty years later, but no mention of the mother. What has happened to her? has she moved? Remarried? Other children who might be wondering about their sister?
And if that was Nicole on the cdrom, is there anyone who investigates these things?

Thanks for that. Surely it would have been looked into though?

Hopefully, but frankly I don't know. I guess it depends if foreign governments are willing to cooperate or not and the Belgian example, where officials would not admit that there were pedophile rings operating in the country until a scandal was exposed (see Marc Dutroux on the Crime Libary), is not encouraging.

At the time of Nicole's disappearance, these apartments were considered very safe. There was a pool behind the building, and all tenants could use a key to access the pool.

There was a buzz system in order to get past the lobby to the apartment units.

Someone would have had to let the perp in through the main lobby door, side door on the first 1-2 floors (you can see there are no stairs going the length of the building).
At that time, you needed a key to get into the parking garage. (This key cannot be copied) It is easy enough to follow someone in.
There was no video surveillance of this building. It is set back in the green a bit. I lived in an identical (same builders and layout) apartment complex on Dixie in Mississauga. It has outside and underground parking.

This girl was stalked. I have no doubt she was watched swimming before (there was just a metal fence around the pool), and the perp figured out where she lived. This could be as easy as the her picking up her mail, as the mail box generally followed your unit number. (We lived in 1205 and that was our mailbox as well). I think she got into the elevator, he got in, took her to the garage, and out from there. You don't need a key to get out of the parking garage, just in. He could have followed someone in from there.
I really think this perp was there when she picked up the mail.

The parking garage doors were notorious for being left open, being jimmied, whatever. People would take one of the parts out so that it would stay open. Ours was broken a lot, often in the summer. Another reason being the hot humid summers in Toronto would make the floors really mucky and gross. Keeping the door open would air it out, since the ventilation in the parking garage was poor.

Also, within the basement level of this building were storage lockers, a recreation room, cable room, many utility rooms, electrical rooms, the chute (garbage), and laundry.
The chute would have been too small to put her in, and all of the rest of the rooms require key access, except the laundry room, where they keep it open between general day hours.

I remember reading about an absolutely chilling missing child case I read about on here awhile ago. There are the details I remember.
I recall that it took place in Canada.
A little girl lived in an apartment building with many floors. She was supposed to meet her friend to go swimming at the apartments pool. The friend rang the buzzer to announce her arrival and signal the little girl to come down. The little girl got into the elevator but never got off. She seemed to just disappear in the elevator. If anyone can tell me what case this is I would be forever grateful. I've tried searching but haven't come up with anything. TIA!

I remember reading about an absolutely chilling missing child case I read about on here awhile ago. There are the details I remember.
I recall that it took place in Canada.
A little girl lived in an apartment building with many floors. She was supposed to meet her friend to go swimming at the apartments pool. The friend rang the buzzer to announce her arrival and signal the little girl to come down. The little girl got into the elevator but never got off. She seemed to just disappear in the elevator. If anyone can tell me what case this is I would be forever grateful. I've tried searching but haven't come up with anything. TIA!
Nicole Louise Morin?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back