GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #4

Yes that is what I have been reading. Will be interesting to see how fast the trial comes if they don't plea guilty. I'm surprised there isn't more charges although could they have added more after the ban? And we just not know about it ? Is it possible? Not bringing up if any more were laid since we prob can not discuss this

If more charges are added, the charges themselves and on whom the charges are laid, [but not the facts or evidence surrounding them] will be made public record at the time of charges laid.

The crown has plenty of discretion in when, or if, to lay additional charges. IMHO, more charges are pending. This is IMHO because the first two charges were laid equally between the two accused [not one as an accessory], and in addition, the charges were laid in the first instance. In the VS case, further charges were laid the week following initial charges, and at that time, it was announced the two would be tried separately. The crown's reasons for taking their time are many: there is no indication yet if the two accused will be tried together or separately, the crown may be reviewing significant witness statements, evidence, and coroner's report, and consulting with their superiors in which further charges to proceed with if any. The crown may also be deciding what charges should be attributed to each of the accused. All of which may still be part of ongoing investigations. Finally, realistically, the crown can even wait until following the preliminary inquiry to add additional charges as a result of evidence offered at that hearing.

All IMHO, and respectfully stated.

If more charges are added, the charges themselves and on whom the charges are laid, [but not the facts or evidence surrounding them] will be made public record at the time of charges laid.

The crown has plenty of discretion in when, or if, to lay additional charges. IMHO, more charges are pending. This is IMHO because the first two charges were laid equally between the two accused [not one as an accessory], and in addition, the charges were laid in the first instance. In the VS case, further charges were laid the week following initial charges, and at that time, it was announced the two would be tried separately. The crown's reasons for taking their time are many: there is no indication yet if the two accused will be tried together or separately, the crown may be reviewing significant witness statements, evidence, and coroner's report, and consulting with their superiors in which further charges to proceed with if any. The crown may also be deciding what charges should be attributed to each of the accused. All of which may still be part of ongoing investigations. Finally, realistically, the crown can even wait until following the preliminary inquiry to add additional charges as a result of evidence offered at that hearing.

All IMHO, and respectfully stated.

Ty for your OPN!!

I would like to be called for jury trial just once. I would like to see the process first hand. I think it would be informative. I also think it would usually be very boring. ;)

Well Frasier....you just might have that chance if you live in SWO. The Tori Stafford murder trial was moved from Woodstock to London to 'increase the chance of a fair trial', so who knows where Noelle's case will end up. And, even if not selected for jury you could attend the trial and would likely see even more than the jury does.

When the Rafferty (Tori Stafford's killer) trial was on in London I did swing by the courthouse around the time the verdict was announced. The environment was surreal. People were cheering in the street. I didn't have the opportunity to go to the trial (because of work commitments), however the public were free to attend and they even had an 'overflow' room with the proceedings shown via live video.

I didn't resent the publication ban in that case (and I don't resent it in this case) as I cannot imagine risking a fair trial and having the perps walk or the wrong people convicted. After all what we all want is justice. What I don't want to see is someone convicted in the 'court of public opinion'...but rather through a fair court process.

I believe I saw another post on this thread where the poster clearly indicated that these people were guilty. While they likely are we don't know that for sure.

I just wanted to add a point. If say I was a potential Juror in this case and i had/have disclosed opinions as to Guilt here in a public forum. I doubt I would make the cut :floorlaugh: Can you imagine the nightmare if you were picked and it came to light you had publicly formed and discussed an opinion of guilt in said case. And i dont mean in a coffee shop. I just wouldn't want to be a part of an issue in a Trial such as this.

Bravo, I sure hope you WOULD make the cut. You are one very level headed person! (Sorry about my wishes, as I know you don't want to be a juror! :floorlaugh:)

Now that I look back at my comments above...boy, I am one 'preachy' SOB, aren't I? (and for a Friday night to boot!)

All JMO.

:peace:

I look forward to justice for Noelle.

Hey all
Just got home from work, long shift, I'm just sipping on a glass of red, listening to The Smiths. I've thought a lot about Noelle, and her tragic fate. So unfair. I keep thinking about how badly I wish she hadn't left that party and was just able to enjoy her New Years. If not Noelle would it have been someone else? Those two are such sickos, was it bound to happen anyways?

I would love to discuss the psychological aspect of it all. In regards to MM and TB. I just can't fathom how an interest in BDSM could turn into said crime. You would have to be seriously demented, I would think, to even get to the point where they would think that what they were about to embark upon was even remotely okay JMO. I mean for such a young man, and a women with 3 children, and it appears that it was premeditated to some degree JMO.

How would you even get to this point? Can we discuss the mental aspect of this?

YES!

I've just found other threads to read and posted another cold case from town..... what else can we do but wait out the PB or wait till the trial starts....

I'm so in withdrawal. I feel like we can't give up on Noelle, like we need to keep her spirit alive. If it was me I would want all of you wonderful people to discuss my life for eternity, no matter what level it was on, I would want you to fight for my justice. A great group of people you are. While I understand there is a PB, I know there are other aspects we can debate without harming the case. We will fight for you Noelle. We will be your voice.

I think theres more weirdos out there than we think! just most dont go through with it.... not sure its anything we will understand or know except they need meds. How could anyone ever hurt an animal? i dont know if i could hunt even if im starving.

I know I've noticed a lot more weirdos in town since this happened and I live in weirdo alley! Lots of cops too, like way more than normal it is like the city is crawling with them. It is like the entire city is on high alert just does not feel like the same town at all.

Hey all
Just got home from work, long shift, I'm just sipping on a glass of red, listening to The Smiths. I've thought a lot about Noelle, and her tragic fate. So unfair. I keep thinking about how badly I wish she hadn't left that party and was just able to enjoy her New Years. If not Noelle would it have been someone else? Those two are such sickos, was it bound to happen anyways?

I would love to discuss the psychological aspect of it all. In regards to MM and TB. I just can't fathom how an interest in BDSM could turn into said crime. You would have to be seriously demented, I would think, to even get to the point where they would think that what they were about to embark upon was even remotely okay JMO. I mean for such a young man, and a women with 3 children, and it appears that it was premeditated to some degree JMO.

How would you even get to this point? Can we discuss the mental aspect of this?

This is just my opinion but I think that when some people start to delve into taboo, deviant behavior (whether sexual or not), over time they become desensitized to it, it becomes boring and they feel the need to keep taking things to the next level in order to get the same thrill, and what they crave simply escalates and it takes more and more to satisfy them.

Call me an old prude but I am not into fetishes or BDSM and I would never get involved with anyone who was. I think it's really unhealthy, or a sign of someone having really deep-seated issues, if they get a thrill out of things like humiliating, dominance/submission, torture, pain, sexual violence and surely the things that TB and MM were into. I can't help but feel that people who are into these things, there is something "off" with them - emotionally, psychologically, mentally. I just don't get it, how any of this can be in any way appealing. Take rape fantasies for instance ....... there are so many good people in this world whose lives are forever changed from being the victim of rape, it's heartbreaking..........and for someone to essentially get off on this, it's just so screwed up.

I wonder if people like TB and MM are people with very addictive personalities......and over time they need more and more of something in order to get the same thrill and they constantly need to step things up to recreate the thrill? These people, IMO, are extremely dangerous because who knows how far they will take things.

yesss and it sounds like these 2 progressed into wanting and needing more very fast.....its like drugs after a while ya need more to get high, then when addicted you dont have enough money so have to steal from people even family members. They need it and it doesnt matter how they get it or who they hurt! thier feelings become numb.

Even with the publication ban, there is very little anyone can discuss that would be outside of speculation, or theory in this case as there has been literally almost nothing reported. We do not even have the COD.

I do think that this trial will be moved to another city.. think London might be out too, maybe Windsor.

I do not care where they move it though, if the defendants get a fair trial then there is very little reason for them to appeal the verdict.. though even MR got a fair trial, and the evidence with his co accused was overwhelming.. he has appealed.
Waste of taxpayers money in my opinion.

His cell will be not be cleared out any time soon , as that appeal will fail IMOO
And there is a cell waiting for MM between MR and PB if there is a conviction.
IMO there LE likely has an abundant case.

Heard some interesting stuff today from a friend living in Sarnia who knew TB personally. Obviously I won't go into detail on here but I'm still just sickened by all this. These people were wolves in sheeps clothing and fooled many people.
RIP beautiful Noelle.

I'm so thankful for the quick police work, Sarnia is a bit safer now. XO's Sarnia.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/01/11/sharp-metal-objects-banned-from-courthouse

People entering the Sarnia courthouse, including those called for jury duty in the coming weeks, will be scanned by a metal detector as a security precaution.

Sarnia court security officers have seized items that are not permitted inside the building, according to a statement issued by Sarnia police.

Items not permitted include any knife, metal tool, nail file, knitting needle or similar sharp object.

Any court security officer who finds an item that could be used as a weapon will advise the person to remove the object from the courthouse and place it in their vehicle or deposit the object in a secure receptacle for disposal.

Officers will not hold any person’s property for safekeeping.

Illegal items will be seized and charges may be pursued against the person holding such items.

This couldn't possibly be about NP's case??? Maybe that other one???

I know I've noticed a lot more weirdos in town since this happened and I live in weirdo alley! Lots of cops too, like way more than normal it is like the city is crawling with them. It is like the entire city is on high alert just does not feel like the same town at all.

the city is full of drugs!!! IMO but unfortunately most places are now..... :twocents:

Well Frasier....you just might have that chance if you live in SWO. The Tori Stafford murder trial was moved from Woodstock to London to 'increase the chance of a fair trial', so who knows where Noelle's case will end up. And, even if not selected for jury you could attend the trial and would likely see even more than the jury does.

When the Rafferty (Tori Stafford's killer) trial was on in London I did swing by the courthouse around the time the verdict was announced. The environment was surreal. People were cheering in the street. I didn't have the opportunity to go to the trial (because of work commitments), however the public were free to attend and they even had an 'overflow' room with the proceedings shown via live video.

I didn't resent the publication ban in that case (and I don't resent it in this case) as I cannot imagine risking a fair trial and having the perps walk or the wrong people convicted. After all what we all want is justice. What I don't want to see is someone convicted in the 'court of public opinion'...but rather through a fair court process.

I believe I saw another post on this thread where the poster clearly indicated that these people were guilty. While they likely are we don't know that for sure.

Bravo, I sure hope you WOULD make the cut. You are one very level headed person! (Sorry about my wishes, as I know you don't want to be a juror! :floorlaugh:)

Now that I look back at my comments above...boy, I am one 'preachy' SOB, aren't I? (and for a Friday night to boot!)

All JMO.

:peace:

I look forward to justice for Noelle.

Your a wonderful "Preacher". And Thank You for your kind words. I have "gone off the rails" a couple of times lol Earned myself a warning and another time a 2 day vaycay :blushing: Laying in bed with the flu for days and spending hours upon hours on the Redwine thread was not condusive to remaing level headed lol. For me. Thanks again and I always enjoy your posts :seeya:

is anyone going thru withdrawl like i am?

Yeah for sure. It always takes a bit it seems to move on. Hopefully you will be back when Trial begins. I wish lady Justice moved a bit quicker. Tough on Families. The Community. And us. No disrespect intended to Noelle :rose:

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/01/11/sharp-metal-objects-banned-from-courthouse

People entering the Sarnia courthouse, including those called for jury duty in the coming weeks, will be scanned by a metal detector as a security precaution.

Sarnia court security officers have seized items that are not permitted inside the building, according to a statement issued by Sarnia police.

Items not permitted include any knife, metal tool, nail file, knitting needle or similar sharp object.

Any court security officer who finds an item that could be used as a weapon will advise the person to remove the object from the courthouse and place it in their vehicle or deposit the object in a secure receptacle for disposal.

Officers will not hold any person’s property for safekeeping.

Illegal items will be seized and charges may be pursued against the person holding such items.

This couldn't possibly be about NP's case??? Maybe that other one???

No cant be NP's case. Way too soon and I cant see it being held in Sarnia. If Sarnia Courthouse didn't have security before it's good it's in place now. best not to wait for something to happen. IMO What other upcoming case is in Sarnia?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomouse
Back